Caravan

gsoda3

On 12/7/2018 at 9:45 AM, Fozzz said:

I think if Reagan were around now he would have a different perspective on immigration.  A supply of cheap labor is generally good for American business, so I see GOP support for anti-immigration policy/rhetoric as more tactical than strategic.  As the GOP has soaked up more uneducated whites, it's natural that they would make a nativist turn.  

Don't blow a gasket Trumpkins:

On 12/8/2018 at 3:12 PM, Michael Knight said:

I mean sure this makes sense in 2018

Ammon Bundy Quits Militia Movement in Solidarity With Migrant Caravan

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/12/ammon-bundy-quits-militia-movement-defends-migrant-caravan.html?utm_source=fb

Wait. What?  Is that real life?  Good for him, if so, but it is really hard to imagine that guy having that much of a change of heart.

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

150 people did something!  Oh noes!

It actually seems like something a racist like you would get behind.  It keeps brown people out of the country. 

"He said the money would allow the migrants to return home and start a small business."

Really, what do you believe the alternatives for these people are?  Eventually, they'll try to cross illegally if legal hearings don't occur, and most will succeed. Its shocking how few of you understand desperation or struggle.

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Really, what do you believe the alternatives for these people are?  Eventually, they'll try to cross illegally if legal hearings don't occur, and most will succeed. Its shocking how few of you understand desperation or struggle.

Lack of empathy is the hallmark of trumpism.

I'll bring up the wife beating analogy again.  They're blaming the abused wife for deserving the abuse.  And you know what, maybe she did do some terrible things. But that doesn't excuse the person who has more power abusing that power in an awful way.  And they never address us abusing our power.  Just blame the victim.  And blame the victim without any consideration of the victim's circumstances, only considering the trials of the poor, put upon abuser.

23 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

chrispy is very worried yall. i think he wants that wall.

i have a question.

what happens if we let them in?

What happens if we don’t?

this is the best response from Mexico in regards to illegal immigration in two plus decades. The status quo of pissing on our laws leads to increases in the problem.  Let’s address the root of the problem so we don’t keep having the same problems in perpetuity 

It’s working. Why does that bother you?

why aren’t you on the border now passing out hundos?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

this is the best response from Mexico in regards to illegal immigration in two plus decades. The status quo of pissing on our laws leads to increases in the problem.  Let’s address the root of the problem so we don’t keep having the same problems in perpetuity 

I don't give a shit if the people come here or not. But, if they do, we have to follow our laws, treaties, and Constitution and allow them a hearing. Why does that bother you? 

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It's not working. 

29 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

150 people did something!  Oh noes!

It actually seems like something a racist like you would get behind.  It keeps brown people out of the country. 

"He said the money would allow the migrants to return home and start a small business."

Racism, yawn. 

Consider me shocked they want to start a business in their home country since, you know, they have a credible fear of persecution and all. 

Life is a struggle for everyone, they’re not unique in that regard. 

27 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

i don't know what happens if we don't. i do know they were desperate enough to uproot and leave, embark on a long journey for the opportunity. 

and since we are the land of opportunity, why don't we let them in? i mean, seriously, what happens to me and mine if a couple thousand guatamalans are granted asylum? unemployment is low. the economy is mostly okay. let them in, give them the hearing, according to the law. i'm unclear as to what laws are being pissed on here?

i don't need to be on the border handing out hundos. i am taxed so that our government can handle this appropriately. we have laws about asylum. let's follow those laws, instead of intentionally stemming the tide.

all the rhetoric about disease, drugs, and violence is really saddening to me. this is fucking america. open the door for opportunity. what happens if we let them in?

nobody wants to answer that question. i've asked it probably a dozen times on this thread.

We are in the wrong business.  Taxpayers have paid  a firm 13.2 million dollars to hire new border patrol. They hired two people.

A scathing report by the Office of the Inspector General revealed that a consulting company hired by U.S. Customs and Border Protection to fill thousands of new jobs to satisfy President Trump's mandate to secure the southern border is "nowhere near" completing its hiring goals and "risks wasting millions of taxpayer dollars."

The audit found that as of Oct. 1, CBP had paid Accenture Federal Services approximately $13.6 million of a $297 million contract to recruit and hire 7,500 applicants, including Customs and Border Protection officers, Border Patrol agents, and Air and Marine Interdiction agents. But 10 months into the first year of a five-year contract, Accenture had processed only "two accepted job offers," according to the report.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/675923576/customs-border-and-protection-paid-a-firm-13-6-million-to-hire-recruits-it-hired

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

Looks like Trump and our country is victorious. Have to give credit where it is due. You see the real motivations of the leaders of these criminals with their demand for $50K each.

Hayden, no we shouldn’t just let them in. Do you know how overburdened Ben Taub, HISD and other social services are in Houston because of the horde of illegals. They cram into the school district that can least afford it, draining resources to teach the progeny of illiterate peasants. How does that affect the average middle class CITIZEN. How about it contributes to sprawl and long ass commute times because educated CITIZENS don’t want to send their kids to poor performing HISD schools overrun by illegals. Unless you are rich enough to send your kids to private school, neighborhoods close to downtown are foreclosed to lots of the middle class because of this issue.

The show of force worked and they are dispersing on their own to go back home or stay in Mexico. Worth the negative press of having tear gassed women and kids. Those that truly were escaping persecution have accepted asylum offered by Mexico. The rest can fuck off and go back home. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Looks like Trump and our country is victorious. Have to give credit where it is due. You see the real motivations of the leaders of these criminals with their demand for $50K each Hayden, no we shouldn’t just let them in. The show of force worked and they are dispersing on their own to go back home or stay in Mexico. Worth the negative press of having tear gassed women and kids. Those that truly were escaping persecution have accepted asylum offered by Mexico. The rest can fuck off and go back home. 

We literally spent many times more money deploying troops to the border than we would have if we just gave them 50k dollars. Yay, winning. 

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

We literally spent many times more money deploying troops to the border than we would have if we just gave them 50k dollars. Yay, winning. 

They are turning around and going home and it will hopefully discourage future caravans. That is winning. That is why I have been vocal about a show of force for months to send the fucking message and needed to be sent. Trump could be in the 60% approval range if he wasn’t such an idiot and was more disciplined and Prediential because what he has done with regard to the caravan resonated and been approved by a lot of Americans.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 2

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

They are turning around and going home and it will hopefully discourage future caravans. That is winning. That is why I have been vocal about a show of force for months to send the fucking message and needed to be sent. Trump could be in the 60% range if he wasn’t such an idiot because what he has done with regard to the caravan resonated and been approved by a lot of Americans.

Show of force to accomplish what? Assuming they aren't eligible for aslyum, we are in the exact same position if we just treat everything as business as usual. Well, except we dont gas a bunch of kids and demonize people who want to live here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Looks like Trump and our country is victorious. Have to give credit where it is due. You see the real motivations of the leaders of these criminals with their demand for $50K each.

Hayden, no we shouldn’t just let them in. Do you know how overburdened Ben Taub, HISD and other social services are in Houston because of the horde of illegals. They cram into the school district that can least afford it, draining resources to teach the progeny of illiterate peasants. How does that affect the average middle class CITIZEN. How about it contributes to sprawl and long ass commute times because educated CITIZENS don’t want to send their kids to poor performing HISD schools overrun by illegals. Unless you are rich enough to send your kids to private school, neighborhoods close to downtown are foreclosed to lots of the middle class because of this issue.

The show of force worked and they are dispersing on their own to go back home or stay in Mexico. Worth the negative press of having tear gassed women and kids. Those that truly were escaping persecution have accepted asylum offered by Mexico. The rest can fuck off and go back home. 

Reihan Salam recently stated “high levels of low-skill immigration will make a middle-class melting pot impossible,” which makes a lot of sense. I haven’t read his new book, but his argument seems to be that we’re swelling the ranks of the impoverished and marginalized, making them highly susceptible to a populist revolt from the left. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Chrispy said:

Reihan Salam recently stated “high levels of low-skill immigration will make a middle-class melting pot impossible,” which makes a lot of sense. I haven’t read his new book, but his argument seems to be that we’re swelling the ranks of the impoverished and marginalized, making them highly susceptible to a populist revolt from the left. 

He got his.

11 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

They are turning around and going home and it will hopefully discourage future caravans. That is winning. That is why I have been vocal about a show of force for months to send the fucking message and needed to be sent. Trump could be in the 60% approval range if he wasn’t such an idiot and was more disciplined and Prediential because what he has done with regard to the caravan resonated and been approved by a lot of Americans.

None of this is true.

7 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Yes the Democrats see the illegals with their anchor babies as the keys to political dominance while traditional Republicans wanted the cheap labor both selling out the citizens of this country. Thankfully, the GOP has opened their eyes to the problem.

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Yes the Democrats see the illegals with their anchor babies as the keys to political dominance while traditional Republicans wanted the cheap labor both selling out the citizens of this country. Thankfully, the GOP has opened their eyes to the problem.

They are doing literally nothing about it on the demand side of the equation. Illegal immigrants will continue to enter the United States and Republicans will continue to hire them.

20 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

this is an amazing display of lack of self-awareness. you are part of an immigrant family that fled their homeland!

beyond that, your posts indicate a complete lack of empathy, which i realize is a prime characteristic of trump supporters, but jesus, man. 

also, it seems that your facts are wrong, which i realize is another prime characteristic of trump supporters.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Fearing-deportation-undocumented-immigrants-are-12450772.php

and, once again, why don't we address this head-on? let's document the people who are here?

let's have a real immigration policy instead of kicking the can down the road? why do people want to come here? let's have a real think about this issue. 

let's let them in, document them, offer a longer-term path to citizenship and stop this shadow economy bullshit. seems like that would solve a lot of problems. seems like the right thing to do.

you go ahead and stay on the side for tear gassing women and children. you go ahead and stay on the side of putting children in cages. 

you keep going to your presbyterian church on sundays and insulate yourself in your worship of jesus christ and how that makes you better than those of other faiths.

you fucking hypocrite. you are the worst.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Truly a shining example of Christ's love for all people. Just beautiful.

37 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Border apprehensions were up in FY 18 and are rising so far in FY 19. I wonder how many don't get caught.

Big bad Donald and his wall talk are not keeping people from trying to enter the U.S. His policies are not working.

Agreed, we need more border security. Hopefully, we get the proper funding. 

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

this is an amazing display of lack of self-awareness. you are part of an immigrant family that fled their homeland!

beyond that, your posts indicate a complete lack of empathy, which i realize is a prime characteristic of trump supporters, but jesus, man. 

also, it seems that your facts are wrong, which i realize is another prime characteristic of trump supporters.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Fearing-deportation-undocumented-immigrants-are-12450772.php

and, once again, why don't we address this head-on? let's document the people who are here?

let's have a real immigration policy instead of kicking the can down the road? why do people want to come here? let's have a real think about this issue. 

let's let them in, document them, offer a longer-term path to citizenship and stop this shadow economy bullshit. seems like that would solve a lot of problems. seems like the right thing to do.

you go ahead and stay on the side for tear gassing women and children. you go ahead and stay on the side of putting children in cages. 

you keep going to your presbyterian church on sundays and insulate yourself in your worship of jesus christ and how that makes you better than those of other faiths.

you fucking hypocrite. you are the worst.

My family immigrated legally and were highly educated. It pisses me off as someone whose parents followed the law that you make the assumption that I should be a ok with illegal immigration. Being a Christian doesn’t mean that I have sign up to the open border agenda which you clearly espouse. As I said, those who were legimitately at risk have availed themselves of amnesty offered by Mexico. Why isn’t that good enough in your book? By your logic, the entire 3rd world should have the right to come here. I don’t see any limits on what you’re proposing. Who says I wouldn’t support a guest worker program. That would be great for lots of industries namely agriculture. Let them come here, apply biometric monitoring to them, tax them and make them leave when they’re done. I don’t support ripping kids from their parents and no one else did except Trump acting like moron.

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

My family immigrated legally and were highly educated. It pisses me off as someone whose parents followed the law that you make the assumption that I should be a ok with illegal immigration. Being a Christian doesn’t mean that I have sign up to the open border agenda which you clearly espouse. As I said, those who were legimitately at risk have availed themselves of amnesty offered by Mexico. Why isn’t that good enough in your book? By your logic, the entire 3rd world should have the right to come here. I don’t see any limits on what you’re proposing. Who says I wouldn’t support a guest worker program. That would be great for lots of industries namely agriculture. Let them come here, apply biometric monitoring to them, tax them and make them leave when they’re done. I don’t support ripping kids from their parents and no one else did except Trump acting like moron.

I thought being a christian was how you thinly excused your dreams of violence against immigrants. You clearly do support ripping children from their parents because you vociferously support trump's policies. You've tied yourself to trump's mushroom-shaped mast, you get to enjoy the fact that your political leader is imprisoning children and letting sex offenders and kiddie diddlers look after them. And he's doing it because it's what people like you (read: trump's base) want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i don't know what happens if we don't. i do know they were desperate enough to uproot and leave, embark on a long journey for the opportunity. 

and since we are the land of opportunity, why don't we let them in? i mean, seriously, what happens to me and mine if a couple thousand guatamalans are granted asylum? unemployment is low. the economy is mostly okay. let them in, give them the hearing, according to the law. i'm unclear as to what laws are being pissed on here?

i don't need to be on the border handing out hundos. i am taxed so that our government can handle this appropriately. we have laws about asylum. let's follow those laws, instead of intentionally stemming the tide.

all the rhetoric about disease, drugs, and violence is really saddening to me. this is fucking america. open the door for opportunity. what happens if we let them in?

nobody wants to answer that question. i've asked it probably a dozen times on this thread.

Growing up in the late 70s-early 80s, the neighborhood my parents raised me in was solidly middle class and desirable to live in. Because of the explosion caused by illegal immigration and the oil bust, that neighborhood in a matter of a few short years became a haven for illegals living in apartments that had their rents slashed to become Section 8 housing. That resulted in a tremendous increase in crime (our house was robbed), schools going to shit and exodus of those that used to make up the neighborhood. My Dad sold our house for a $50K loss in 1980s money because of it. Don’t tell me there isn’t a cost to illegal immigration and that it’s not big deal. It’s a huge deal.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

They are doing literally nothing about it on the demand side of the equation. Illegal immigrants will continue to enter the United States and Republicans will continue to hire them.

this amount of words is like 12 posts for you

"you go girl"

"you'll see!"

"wait till 2020!"

"I thread shit on everything and add NOTHING!!"

• Like 2