Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

54 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Just admit you wanted to keep cheering for the Cowboys. It's ok, no one else cares.

Lol fuck no. The extent of my NFL fandom has always started and ended on former Longhorn players, and not always necessarily the teams they play for. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Exactly. HTown kid coming off of winning at the highest level previously. The Texans needed something to get people excited, but chose Mario fucking Williams instead. 

I know he wasn't going to have some Tom Brady esque career playing under Jeff fucking Fisher. 

If Vincent had come to the city where he grew up and all his homies lived his career wouldn’t have lasted as long as it did. Vince had/has some personal demons, Jeff Fisher wasn’t 100% responsible for what happened to him…

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

It's been a year or so since I mentioned it but ISU needs to fully embrace the late 90s and early 00s as an institution. Whirly Bird is the answer every time.

image.png.2d9419b21308756d4cd1b52efd3d207e.png

I hate those things.  We were always rated "worst uniforms in college football" in those days.  The whirly bird was busy as hell, and the blue accents were dog shit.

11 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I hate those things.  We were always rated "worst uniforms in college football" in those days.  The whirly bird was busy as hell, and the blue accents were dog shit.

As a late 90s kid, ISU set all of the fashion trends for young B12 fans.

image.png.f122357e287fa51c2f051cc50623a2e3.png

image.thumb.png.e9fd13eb571043ae2aa9a6794ab34e3c.png

Edited by SimonBolivar

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

God, I had forgotten that logo.  At least your unis were fine.  Or at least I remember them being fine.  Good lord standard definition was dog shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jef5UFUHxlU

Yeah those were the absolute worst football teams Baylor ever fielded but the uniforms were simple and clean. I like them much more than the yellow stuff we throw out there today.

Fun 2000 BU football fact:

Big 12 Games Halftime Score

Iowa State 31

Baylor 3

----------------

Baylor 0

Texas Tech 14

---------------

Texas A&M 10

Baylor 0

---------------

Baylor 0

Nebraska 52

----------------

Baylor 7

Texas 31

---------------

Oklahoma 42

Baylor 0

----------------

Missouri 21

Baylor 0

-----------------

Oklahoma State 36

Baylor 3

Big 12 Opponents  237

Baylor 13

Hall of Fame numbers!

UH has a pretty decent law school. If adams sues, I'd assign the case to a clinic group and give them class credit for their work. 

UH taking the position that it’s H-town blue and was used in Houston in the 50’s before the AFL was in place. They are using the scheme and colors for all them sports teams not just football. And it’s a slight Pantone away from the oilers blue.
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

UH taking the position that it’s H-town blue and was used in Houston in the 50’s before the AFL was in place. They are using the scheme and colors for all them sports teams not just football. And it’s a slight Pantone away from the oilers blue.

If UH can somehow get the civil trial in front of a jury of Houstonians, Amy Adams may get the death penalty. 

Edited by topochico
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Holy shit that is awful.  But VERY representative of that era’s aesthetic.

I always find it hilarious that, somewhere in administration, there was a series of meetings and lots of money exchanged and people actually thought shit like that was a good idea. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, LTbear said:

I always find it hilarious that, somewhere in administration, there was a series of meetings and lots of money exchanged and people actually thought shit like that was a good idea. 

Well, our marketing department shit this turd out in (checks notes) 2017:

DK18fT8WkAArGSH.jpg

22 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Ridiculous to act like a team can own a color combination. 

You should see Iowa fans whenever someone wears a black alternate.

On 4/24/2024 at 4:17 PM, Underdog said:

Rams on Line-1

Agreed. The rams look like they gave a 6th grader a laptop with power point and told him he had 10 minutes to finish the design. Extra fruit roll-ups if he worked in that fancy gradient effect. 

23 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Hey now:

Ive seen enough, Broncos about to go on a Patriots/Brady like run. 

Edited by Blotto

25 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Ah yes. I remember the Bugles helmet.

It was only worn once - a loss to Texas in Jack Trice on a Thursday, where it was paired with these awful charcoal grey alts we were using.

Park_Campos_Texas17.jpg

The uniform I posted up thread is light years better than this shit.  The grey alts only came close to working one time, and that was when we paired them with white jerseys and helmets in Stillwater the year before.

ghnewsok-OK-5547781-831a1506.jpeg?width=

19 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It was only worn once - a loss to Texas in Jack Trice on a Thursday, where it was paired with these awful charcoal grey alts we were using.

Park_Campos_Texas17.jpg

The uniform I posted up thread is light years better than this shit.  The grey alts only came close to working one time, and that was when we paired them with white jerseys and helmets in Stillwater the year before.

Oh God I remember that Thursday game. Peak Charlie Strong misery era. And yet we still won somehow.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Park_Campos_Texas17.jpg

When I was in school we had a school president who wanted to completely erase the interlocking BU logo - the only primary athletic logo the school had ever used - and instead simply write out "Baylor" everywhere the logo should be, including football helmets. He was worried about branding and that too many people would see the BU and confuse us with Boston University. Revolt ensued, never happened. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Oh God I remember that Thursday game. Peak Charlie Strong misery era. And yet we still won somehow.

IIRC, that was Herman.  People were making a big deal about him coming back to Ames (he was OC here under Paul Rhoads).

Our QB was stoned to the gills during the game.  Campbell knew it.  We had a 10 day lay off before heading to Norman as a 30 point underdog.  Campbell benched the idiot starter, put the 3rd stringer in, and the rest is history.

iowa-state-flag-plant-oklahoma.jpg

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

IIRC, that was Herman.  People were making a big deal about him coming back to Ames (he was OC here under Paul Rhoads).

Our QB was stoned to the gills during the game.  Campbell knew it.  We had a 10 day lay off before heading to Norman as a 30 point underdog.  Campbell benched the idiot starter, put the 3rd stringer in, and the rest is history.

iowa-state-flag-plant-oklahoma.jpg

You are correct. We were 1-2 going into it, so still pretty grim for Texas fans.

https://texassports.com/news/2017/9/28/football-recap.aspx

I don't believe you about this pillar of the community being stoned, though

636421026217284364-Jacob-Park.jpg

Edited by texifornia

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You are correct. We were 1-2 going into it, so still pretty grim for Texas fans.

https://texassports.com/news/2017/9/28/football-recap.aspx

I don't believe you about this pillar of the community being stoned, though

636421026217284364-Jacob-Park.jpg

That guy legit had the best arm talent I've ever seen in Ames.  $.10 brain, unfortunately.  Fairly mobile too.