Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

so a center white stripe on the helmet?

The numbers are now white and blocked. The shoulder stripes are different and don't have the letters. It's closer to the Barry Sanders era now.

9 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Starting to warm up to these, didn’t like the helmet when I first saw it but when Cal dropped a picture with a regular hat with the H logo on it looked a ton better.

image.thumb.jpeg.cf163ef8d1c7fb95d17b47ed637c05db.jpeg

image.png.bc139b587f48f2afa94a298673ef1f7a.pngimage.png.049071e5ac38c0d98a15387372205311.png

2 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Starting to warm up to these, didn’t like the helmet when I first saw it but when Cal dropped a picture with a regular hat with the H logo on it looked a ton better.

The lines on the shoulders look like they were done with an:

19 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

As soon as they said it was going to be "the most inclusive uniform design process ever" you knew it was going to be an overdesigned, use every idea all at once kind of outcome.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm tempted to contrast that reaction to this site's feelings towards the Titan's throwback Oilers unis, which are the best unis in the history of, well, unis, but I don't want to get negged into oblivion.  Carry on.

8 minutes ago, SurlyGator said:

I'm tempted to contrast that reaction to this site's feelings towards the Titan's throwback Oilers unis, which are the best unis in the history of, well, unis, but I don't want to get negged into oblivion.  Carry on.

Those uniforms are perfection and it's also stolen valor bullshit that the fucking Titans wear them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

Seriously, the Broncos have looked terrible since they changed, it’s like a remnant of the late 90s fad of way too complicated and dumb looking designs and dark color shades. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 4/22/2024 at 8:29 AM, Macklemore said:

Broncos new unis dropped. Thought they’d be going back to their classic look from the 80s. A lot of small triangles everywhere 

This screams mid-tier CFB team.

Things like the 5280 on the helmet was new hotness a decade ago.  just awful

How could you possibly fuck up as much as the broncos?  Just use the throwbacks and be done with it.  Only using them once per year is more confounded, idiotic thinking, "yeah, we know you like the throwback ones, but you're gonna love these new-new ones!"

Let's Ride! 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

How could you possibly fuck up as much as the broncos?  Just use the throwbacks and be done with it.  Only using them once per year is more confounded, idiotic thinking, "yeah, we know you like the throwback ones, but you're gonna love these new-new ones!"

Let's Ride! 

The obtuseness of sports marketing folks blows me away sometimes.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Generally an upgrade across the board (make the red horned helmet the primary, it's awesome), but the H-Town special uniform jersey/helmet is an overdesigned hodgepodge

I actually thought this was Cougar High aka UH upon first view. I don't have a dog in the fight and don't really care, but that's my first impression.

Agree with others that the Broncos throwbacks are great.

29 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Let's Ride! 

It's like their entire marketing department embraces the legality of weed in CO (nttawt).   I'm honestly surprised some team hasn't decided to use windings font on the jerseys. 

On 4/22/2024 at 9:29 AM, Macklemore said:

Broncos new unis dropped. Thought they’d be going back to their classic look from the 80s. A lot of small triangles everywhere 

Worse organizational decision than trading for R Wilson.  These are so bad. 

5 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

And a new name

and a new color scheme 

so damn boring/ bland.

4 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

I’ve never liked the Texans name, branding, unis, etc but I actually kind of like the red horns helmet. 

The number font is a weird choice. 

I'll add to this that not drafting VY sealed the deal with me never being a fan despite being a native Houstonian (and actually working there a couple of seasons as a bartender.) 

Also, agreed that the red helmet does look better than the other.

55 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I'll add to this that not drafting VY sealed the deal with me never being a fan despite being a native Houstonian (and actually working there a couple of seasons as a bartender.) 

Also, agreed that the red helmet does look better than the other.

Do people around here really think VY would have had some sort of Tom Brady esque NFL career had the Texans drafted him?

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

23 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Do people around here really think VY would have had some sort of Tom Brady esque NFL career had the Texans drafted him?

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

I doubt anyone thinks that, though I do think he would have had a chance to do well in the Kubiak/Shanahan offense. The bigger problem was that the franchise had the chance to bring a jolt of energy and interest to what had been a terribly boring operation, and instead they chose…a DE from NC State.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I doubt anyone thinks that, though I do think he would have had a chance to do well in the Kubiak/Shanahan offense. The bigger problem was that the franchise had the chance to bring a jolt of energy and interest to what had been a terribly boring operation, and instead they chose…a DE from NC State.  

11 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Exactly. HTown kid coming off of winning at the highest level previously. The Texans needed something to get people excited, but chose Mario fucking Williams instead. 

I know he wasn't going to have some Tom Brady esque career playing under Jeff fucking Fisher. 

let it go GIF

Let it go, Indiana. It’s been 18 years. The Texans get no credit for rejecting 100% of pundits and talking heads by not taking Reggie Bush. They said exactly what they were thinking: they’d be in a division with Peyton Manning for several more years, and saw Mario Williams as a possible Bruce Smith type DE to cause Indy trouble. 
I love VY and wish they’d picked him. It’s possible things may have turned out better for him, but there’s no way to know that. You can’t put his NFL shortcomings, poor work ethic, bungling of jobs at UT, drinking and more recent issues, etc. all on the Texans. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Exactly. HTown kid coming off of winning at the highest level previously. The Texans needed something to get people excited, but chose Mario fucking Williams instead. 

I know he wasn't going to have some Tom Brady esque career playing under Jeff fucking Fisher. 

Just admit you wanted to keep cheering for the Cowboys. It's ok, no one else cares.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2