Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Woof.

Every year schools come out with these ridiculous looks and I am forever grateful that my school does not play in this arena.

You have to put yourself in a Miami Vice type headspace to truly appreciate them. I’d recommend doing a few lines of coke then taking another look while aboard a speeding cigarette boat. 

miami vice deal with it GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, QuesoEspecial said:

Nice of Air Force to honor the Army Air Corps with these tributes! Go Army!

Launching from Navy's Hornet.

Love the overlapping responsibilities and bragging rights.

and of course, Go Army!!!

Edited by slorch

On 8/16/2023 at 6:13 PM, SuperSport said:

In the minority but I don’t love the asymmetric helmet although I like the concept. Should have gone with the insignia on both sides or done a much simplified and visible silhouette of the B-25.

Also, realizing this idea would never fly, AFA missed out on a chance to crossover with Oppenheimer mania by doing an Enola Gay tribute instead. Maybe a pink mushroom cloud and you’ve got Barbenheimer, too. 

1 hour ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Begrudging Respect, those look pretty dope and is a very amusing middle finger to the Adams family.

I don’t like many Coog High things, but this is one of them.   Those colors and theme belong in Houston.

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I mean, they’re gonna get sued, right? Isn’t the Adams family a bunch of cunts?

Surely not, because the public backlash if they did would be BRUTAL.  You think their reputation in Houston is bad now, how much worse would it get if they sued over this?  National sports media would eviscerate them.

29 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It sounds like something they would do but think they probably have someone with a modicum of intelligence tell them since it's not a pro football team they probably don't have a leg to stand on

Of course I kinda hope they do just so everyone can see what a bag of cunts they are and publicly shame them...but thats just me.

• Hook 'Em 2

If I were UH I'd change the color scheme to that permanently since the NFL team will never get them back. Raises a question, has a program every had a complete change in primary colors? I think I've seen that Colorado was light blue a million years ago and changed. I'm not talking changes in shading, I'm talking about complete change in colors altogether. Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If I were UH I'd change the color scheme to that permanently since the NFL team will never get them back. Raises a question, has a program every had a complete change in primary colors? I think I've seen that Colorado was light blue a million years ago and changed. I'm not talking changes in shading, I'm talking about complete change in colors altogether. Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head.

Plenty of schools switched theirs way back in the prewar days (Texas being one of them). Thinking about recent school rebrands...

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I think - but am by no means sure - that Clemson used to have different colors (way back in the day), but something about how the old uniforms faded made them switch to what the faded ones looked like. I only remember this because previously I'd wondered how the hell someone ever chose orange and purple as their color combo. 

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm talking about complete change in colors altogether.

image.thumb.png.5cfbf16a48a059bdd1b7923f414d0ba2.png

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Closest I could get in FBS in the modern era was that one year UCF was going to be the Citronauts before switching to the Knights

FTUStudentHandbook1968_69Cover_medium.jp

Otherwise, just a whole lot of changing shades (most recently BYU)

Not gonna lie, this is pretty rad... way better than a knight...

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Closest I could get in FBS in the modern era was that one year UCF was going to be the Citronauts before switching to the Knights

Otherwise, just a whole lot of changing shades (most recently BYU)

I think Pitt has gone through shade changes too. Oklahoma A&M was always black and orange because its first professors were Princeton grads. We were even the Tigers until I think 1920. 

Early caricature of an OAMC tiger jumping through a hoop symbolizing the “O” in Oklahoma.

Edited by 'stache

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

The uniform can't be describe as anything other than "Oilerish". The cougars intentionally didn't use an oil derrick. And it wouldn't surprise me if they used different shades of powder blue and the helmet striping is definitely spaced a little differently.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Colorado state was orange and green and mascot was aggies up until like the mid 50s I think. 

• Hook 'Em 2