Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

31 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Bijan in this is going to look bad ass.

If memory serves, it was the wannabe "Man in Black" - Jerry Glanville - who originally fucked up the Falcons classic red helmets and uniforms.

Now pair it with their Steve Bartkowski era red jerseys.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumbor%2FnOa9Fn4xep0PlJWkx017NJ77phg%3D%2F0x0%3A1280x939%2F1200x0%2Ffilters%3Afocal%280x0%3A1280x939%29%3Ano_upscale%28%29%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fuploads%2Fchorus_asset%2Ffile%2F14478906%2Fbart2.jpg&sp=1689870583T03bb04c029cfdb050f22937c67592394f9fd0f5e3b8d62f99cb51afee46b3399

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I will die on the hill that teams should never use black unless it’s a primary team color. NFL black unis and helmets  should be limited to the Raiders, Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, and Saints, 

+1

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I will die on the hill that teams should never use black unless it’s a primary team color. NFL black unis and helmets  should be limited to the Raiders, Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, and Saints, 

At any level, including high school. I hate the black alts (and grey or "anthracite" in Nike marketing lingo) uniform trend. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

At any level, including high school. I hate the black alts (and grey or "anthracite" in Nike marketing lingo) uniform trend. 

Same. Even as a primary color, I only like OKST black unis in basketball, and the hat in baseball. Everything else should be orange and white.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

If memory serves, it was the wannabe "Man in Black" - Jerry Glanville - who originally fucked up the Falcons classic red helmets and uniforms.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumbor%2FnOa9Fn4xep0PlJWkx017NJ77phg%3D%2F0x0%3A1280x939%2F1200x0%2Ffilters%3Afocal%280x0%3A1280x939%29%3Ano_upscale%28%29%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fuploads%2Fchorus_asset%2Ffile%2F14478906%2Fbart2.jpg&sp=1689870583T03bb04c029cfdb050f22937c67592394f9fd0f5e3b8d62f99cb51afee46b3399

It was, but the red had played out and reminded everyone of all those shitty seasons. The black uniforms weren't met with criticism when they came out, looked badass in fact. Times change. 

The real tragedy was when Seattle fans voted on their new unis and went away from the blue and silver.  They should give their SB back for that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

Also note that this version of the Rams is 10X better than what they are rolling out now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asu2215 said:

Also note that this version of the Rams is 10X better than what they are rolling out now. 

That weird soft grey home uniform and pointlessly breaking up the horn on their helmet is all just awful. The NFL in general is pretty bad at uniforms outside of the classic teams like the Raiders, Packers, and Steelers.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

It was, but the red had played out and reminded everyone of all those shitty seasons. The black uniforms weren't met with criticism when they came out, looked badass in fact. Times change. 

The real tragedy was when Seattle fans voted on their new unis and went away from the blue and silver.  They should give their SB back for that shit. 

The black Falcons uniforms weren't "bad", per se, I just appreciate the classic looks more. In fact, here's Longhorns legend - Tommy Nobis - in a black jersey. So there's history with that in Atlanta.

Football took a terrible toll on Tommy Nobis, but self-pity wasn't ...

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

Hoo boy those are bad. The helmet is unreadable in their own publicity pictures. The blue and black don't belong together. Just not good.

Freaking terrible and the Colts’ regular uniforms are some of the nicest in the league. Royal blue and white doesn’t need anything else and the color block shit is absolutely high school level. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yep.  My immediate sentiment when seeing the Colts alt threads was, " But the royal and white just pops.  Why fuck with it?"

14 hours ago, 'stache said:

I’ll go you one more and say that black shouldn’t be a primary team color unless it’s paired with white, silver, or gold/yellow/red (carefully).  With the last ones you need to work in a lot of white, otherwise things get muddy and washed together. The Steelers work so well because of white numbers and small white stripes to break up the color monotony.

The Ravens and Panthers are two teams that would look better with clean purple/white and blue/silver with maybe a bit of black accents on the road whites to make the numbers stick out.

I blame Insta and HD tv with closeups for this. Designers started adding shit that looks interesting up close but terrible from the stands. Great uniforms like Texas, Pittsburgh, Oakland, etc. work because they are clean and most elements visible from just about anywhere in the stadium. Adding little Easter eggs and doodads around the uniform just makes it look like a mess when trying to take in the whole game. 

Just now, Post Oak said:

The Colts unis are iconic and nearly perfect. The whites and the blues.  Don't fuck with them.

Agree. Make the Pats unis permanent. 

Agreed.  The following NFL uniforms should be the main uniforms for their respective squads.

1231836889.jpg

gettyimages-579987990-1024x1024.jpg

154839575.jpg.0.jpg

usa_today_9767491.0.jpg

F1VcsCKXwBIJRfY.jpg

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

image.png.67c9f4ee6a8ae9b1348e3497eaeb7519.pngHome kit should be the left. Road should be white top and bottom with the blue from the left.

The BARE MINIMUM should be replacing sea foam with silver and matching blue to the star  on the helmet like the left.

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Cowboys' home uni is one of the all-time greats, along with Green Bay and Chicago. 

Why on earth do they need mismatched pants and mixed blue throughout. 

26 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

image.png.67c9f4ee6a8ae9b1348e3497eaeb7519.pngHome kit should be the left. Road should be white top and bottom with the blue from the left.

The BARE MINIMUM should be replacing sea foam with silver and matching blue to the star  on the helmet like the left.

Why on earth do they need mismatched pants and mixed blue throughout. 

The home whites are great. They changed the seafoam a couple years ago and it's not nearly so green now, looks more like an ice blue.

17 minutes ago, LTbear said:

The home whites are great. They changed the seafoam a couple years ago and it's not nearly so green now, looks more like an ice blue.

I get all the nostalgia and tradition with the home white but man the Dallas blue jerseys are criminally underrated.

13 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I get all the nostalgia and tradition with the home white but man the Dallas blue jerseys are criminally underrated.

They're great, don't get me wrong. But all my Dallas memories involve the white tops. And blue + silver/ gray is already done by multiple other teams. 

• Like 1

+1 on classic Pats, Dolphins, Rams, Falcons, Chargers being permanent. I don’t know who runs these team marketing departments over the decades. The weird fonts and shapes of the 90s and 2000s needs to Diaf and never return as future retro. 

The Falcons all black of the 90s wasn’t bad and was a refresh of the (better) reds. The late Vick and Matt Ryan versions were vomit worthy. 

Fuck Adam Adams Seaskunk, her dead father Bud, and the raccoon that lived on his scalp. I hope the Texans play trademark hardball with them when they release the new color scheme in a few month, and that the new “H-town blue” is indistinguishable from the old Columbia blue. Seriously, how does anyone (including Nashville people) support what is nothing more than trolling Houston Oiler fans? There are no oil workers or oil industry in Tennessee. No one there gives a fuck about Earl Campbell, Bum Phillips, Warren Moon, etc. She is just being an ultra cunt. Roger Goodell should piss on her face and award the Oilers nickname to Houston. 

Edited by Murfdogg21
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Fuck. That. Shit.

If someone somewhere happened to send the Titans equipment room an enormous amount of unidentified white powder the week they are supposed to wear these uniforms and they had to destroy them all as a precaution, I wouldn't be very sad...

not related in any way but does anyone know if burning your fingertips really gets rid of the prints...thanks in advance

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
Fuck Amy Adams
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Fuck Adam Adams Seaskunk, her dead father Bud, and the raccoon that lived on his scalp. I hope the Texans play trademark hardball with them when they release the new color scheme in a few month, and that the new “H-town blue” is indistinguishable from the old Columbia blue. Seriously, how does anyone (including Nashville people) support what is nothing more than trolling Houston Oiler fans? There are no oil workers or oil industry in Tennessee. No one there gives a fuck about Earl Campbell, Bum Phillips, Warren Moon, etc. She is just being an ultra cunt. Roger Goodell should piss on her face and award the Oilers nickname to Houston

This

Roger Goodell is a eunuch who pees sitting down. Fuck him, too

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

No one with a straight face can say that this isn't better

Tony Dorsett

than this

Jerry Jones does not rule out return of Ezekiel Elliott under new contract  | Marca

With a straight face answer the above, which is better?

I noticed the number fonts don't match the TV numbers on either jersey. Strange

I do like Tony Dorsett's uniform better, though

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tony Dorsett

than this

Jerry Jones does not rule out return of Ezekiel Elliott under new contract  | Marca

Agree a million percent, they should go back to flat grey. But as someone said above, at least they got rid of the greenish hue.

49 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tony Dorsett

than this

The second. Shine + not looking like a poor man's blue jean = better. But I'm also too young to remember that ugly flat gray, so maybe you olds feel differently. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The oldest franchise of that group, too. 🤣

And most legendary, all due respect to the Raiders. 

Also, I think Jacksonville originally had black helmets and has always incorporated black. They’re in the club. 

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You mean the grey that actually matches the helmet and blue that actually matches the logo? L take 

You talking about that washed out hippie blue jean shit that absolutely does not match a metallic silver helmet? L take 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Rams vs Saints & Colts eye candy. LA's white jerseys were my favs

Regarding Rams whites, I'm the same way for them, Niners, Raiders, Packers are about the only team I like with the colored jersey/pants combo, could probably throw in the Lions old look with them. 

3 hours ago, LTbear said:

The second. Shine + not looking like a poor man's blue jean = better. But I'm also too young to remember that ugly flat gray, so maybe you olds feel differently. 

Maybe they can find a couple more shades of blue to go with the navy, royal, and bluish silver on those stupid ass uniforms. 

• Hook 'Em 1