Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I really wish CSU was a bigger deal.  I'd love for them to be in the Big 12.  Fort Collins is one of my favorite places on earth, and they would fit really if they had an engaged fanbase.

Fuck those goat rapists.  They are the CO version of aggy.  A delusional fanbase of 20 people that talks the same shit that aggy does about Texas.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, 66BUFF said:

Fuck those goat rapists.  They are the CO version of aggy.  A delusional fanbase of 20 people that talks the same shit that aggy does about Texas.

Everyone I've met who went there seemed alright.  Nothing like Aggy at all.  Very in line with ISU/KSU/OK State type folks.  Granted, I'm not a CU alum.

No one is like Aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

When are uniform designers/manufacturers gonna learn that light color numbers - vegas gold, silver, etc. - get washed out on white jerseys? I see PA announcers are in for a hard time calling UCF road games. This minimalist design sucks, anyway.

On 6/30/2023 at 3:43 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

Everyone I've met who went there seemed alright.  Nothing like Aggy at all.  Very in line with ISU/KSU/OK State type folks.  Granted, I'm not a CU alum.

No one is like Aggy.

I also have had generally favorable interactions with CSU folks similar to OKSt., KSU, and ISU. Fort Collins beer game is strong too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/22/2023 at 9:18 PM, Tomatillo said:

UW new unis. I dig the traditional gold helmets with purple jerseys and gold pants. The others are just okay. I think the gold helmets and gold pant’s work on the road too, but alas. 

IMG_4301.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

IMG_4303.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

UW just needs the gold lids and gold pants all the time. The others aren’t awful, just not as good.

NCAA and NFL need to crack down on the short pants. These guys look like they belong chasing a yellow jersey in the French Alps. 

On 6/30/2023 at 7:37 PM, DFW Horn said:

3 Stripes = Swoosh? I'm surprised aggy's SEC logo isn't bigger.

Getting rid of the ribbed fabric is good. Getting rid of the letters under the stripes is good, it simplifies things. The seam on the collar is a down grade but won’t be visible on TV. 

17 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

When are uniform designers/manufacturers gonna learn that light color numbers - vegas gold, silver, etc. - get washed out on white jerseys? I see PA announcers are in for a hard time calling UCF road games. This minimalist design sucks, anyway.

They know it, it’s just that designers now do uniforms that are meant to be displayed on Insta/Twitter and how they look on the field or even on TV is secondary. 

I blame mostly Oregon for this shit and wish the NCAA would regulate more like the NFL.  College uniforms are basically playing Barbies for dudes now. I hate not being able to glance at a game and immediately know who’s playing.

Everyone just needs one home set, one away set, and designate one game per year if you want to do a tribute. 

On 4/12/2023 at 10:13 AM, TX Wing Fan said:

The team got updated uniforms last season: https://texassneakers.com/texas-longhorns-reveal-new-uniforms-for-the-2022-football-season/

There's also been speculation that UT (and Nike's other big programs) will be updating to the new "Vapor Fusion" uniform template next season. This is the style that Oregon has been wearing since 2019, and that Ohio State and Georgia wore in last year's playoff. I bet these will look pretty similar to what we wore last season, but they will technically be "new uniforms".

Hard to tell here, but it looks like we did get upgraded to the new Nike template if you look at the collar.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 4:26 AM, DFW Horn said:

Adidas has a track record of getting almost there but not quite and this is in that boat. The word mark is too big and the mismatch between the numbers with red piping and the word mark in plain white throws it off. The red piping should be on both. The Jayhawk is better than the KU, but needs to be smaller as the giant helmet logo trend is a pox. 

What’s so exhausting about these redesigns is that they are so relentlessly and transparently marketing driven, not design driven on both the school and outfitter side. Even if a set gets nailed perfectly, it will be changed and refreshed.

Also, I want to be in the room and part of the creative team that names these templates. “Vapor Fusion,” LOL. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Adidas has a track record of getting almost there but not quite and this is in that boat. The word mark is too big and the mismatch between the numbers with red piping and the word mark in plain white throws it off. The red piping should be on both. The Jayhawk is better than the KU, but needs to be smaller as the giant helmet logo trend is a pox. 

What’s so exhausting about these redesigns is that they are so relentlessly and transparently marketing driven, not design driven on both the school and outfitter side. Even if a set gets nailed perfectly, it will be changed and refreshed.

Also, I want to be in the room and part of the creative team that names these templates. “Vapor Fusion,” LOL. 

I agree with all three of these points. I thought immediately the KANSAS was too big, didn't notice the piping until you mentioned it and now it bothers the shit out of me, and death to oversized logos on helmets, I'm pretty sure OSU stopped using ours thank goodness. Their KU helmet logo looks really good, they should stick with that helmet.

• Like 1

Agree the KANSAS wordmark is too big.

They should've added complimentary stripes to the pants, too, IMO. Plus, they got rid of their shitty Trajan font. At least this looks like a football uniform.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2F.image%2Ft_share%2FMTkyMTQ5NjM4OTk0NzMyMjEz%2Fusatsi_18971904.jpg&sp=1689027038T480a65e1dd25eb847ceac3b20601cbe632552992c06661d2e7273733d6905ba0

Edited by DFW Horn
added 2022 KU photo

17 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Agree the KANSAS wordmark is too big.

They should've added complimentary stripes to the pants, too, IMO. Plus, they got rid of their shitty Trajan font. At least this looks like a football uniform.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2F.image%2Ft_share%2FMTkyMTQ5NjM4OTk0NzMyMjEz%2Fusatsi_18971904.jpg&sp=1689027038T480a65e1dd25eb847ceac3b20601cbe632552992c06661d2e7273733d6905ba0

That one is really close.  

On 7/2/2023 at 9:14 AM, DFW Horn said:

How do “designers” continue to fuck up the numbers so badly? The font is terrible as well.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

There is no way you can't convince me that #88 wasn't actually 37 years old and playing college football.

Looks like Jaws from the 70's Bond movies

Dave Logan

Player[edit]

Dave Logan was an All-State football player at Wheat Ridge High School. While in high school, he won The Denver Post's Gold Helmet Award. An award for the state's top senior football player, scholar and citizen.[2] Out of high school, Logan was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 19th round as a pitcher/infielder.[3]

Logan instead chose to attend the University of Colorado where he lettered in both basketball and football. In 1974, he was selected by Playboy as a Pre-season All-American. In 1975, he was selected by The Sporting News as an All-American.[3] In 1976, he was drafted by the NBA's Kansas City Kings in the ninth round (143rd overall pick) and by the Cleveland Browns in the third round.

Logan played for the Cleveland Browns (1976–83) and the Denver Broncos (1984). As a Cleveland Brown, Logan ranked among the top 5 in "virtually every receiving category in the franchise record books."[4]

In addition to winning the Gold Helmet Award, in 1972, Logan was also the first winner of the Fred Steinmark High School Athlete of the Year Award, given to a high school athlete who exhibits excellence in athletics, academics and citizenship.

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

Looks like Jaws from the 70's Bond movies

Dave Logan

Player[edit]

Dave Logan was an All-State football player at Wheat Ridge High School. While in high school, he won The Denver Post's Gold Helmet Award. An award for the state's top senior football player, scholar and citizen.[2] Out of high school, Logan was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 19th round as a pitcher/infielder.[3]

Logan instead chose to attend the University of Colorado where he lettered in both basketball and football. In 1974, he was selected by Playboy as a Pre-season All-American. In 1975, he was selected by The Sporting News as an All-American.[3] In 1976, he was drafted by the NBA's Kansas City Kings in the ninth round (143rd overall pick) and by the Cleveland Browns in the third round.

Logan played for the Cleveland Browns (1976–83) and the Denver Broncos (1984). As a Cleveland Brown, Logan ranked among the top 5 in "virtually every receiving category in the franchise record books."[4]

In addition to winning the Gold Helmet Award, in 1972, Logan was also the first winner of the Fred Steinmark High School Athlete of the Year Award, given to a high school athlete who exhibits excellence in athletics, academics and citizenship.

image.jpeg.64336608a8b47c311c1ac9a7a4ca8dea.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

UCF should send that white w/gold #s uniform to the NCAA for approval. IMO the two don’t contrast enough and are in direct violation of the 2022 NCAA rule book.

If the gold #s were trimmed in black, it would make them ok. Home team can force them to change, if not pre-approved. Yardage penalties and loss of time out, each half, should/would be enforced.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, msucolt45 said:

UCF should send that white w/gold #s uniform to the NCAA for approval. IMO the two don’t contrast enough and are in direct violation of the 2022 NCAA rule book.

If the gold #s were trimmed in black, it would make them ok. Home team can force them to change, if not pre-approved. Yardage penalties and loss of time out, each half, should/would be enforced.

Hook’em!!!

I officiated a TXHSFB game where the visiting team was wearing white jerseys with silver numbers and the home team had black jerseys with royal blue numbers. You couldn't read either teams' players from a distance. It was ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

i know i'm in the minority but those were terrible at the time and they're terrible now.

I like 'em for the nostalgia.

Both the Buccaneers and Dolphins colors and uniforms are very Floridian. I spent a lot of time in Tampa Bay growing up. It's just fun and different, IMO. To each his own.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Good!! Now the Patriots need to go back to their old uniforms as well.

Pat Patriot > Flying Elvis?