Thank You, Seniors

ztejas

Thanks to everyone who gave all 4 years to Texas Football.
These guys have a chance to go out on a 10-win season and top ten final ranking.  If they do, they can say they were part of the group that finally rebuilt Texas.

Yep they can definitely own that claim. Hook em

“Amazing” is not one of the words I’d use to describe the ride.

Maybe not for the fans, but yeah I can see it for the guys that suit up. Doing what you love, most of them for the last season they’ll get.

Watching the offense do its thing this season, watching the defense last season, watching the punter. The highs, lows, joys frustration. Fuck I couldn’t imagine that shit as a player. It’s killing me as a fan.

Send the seniors off in style. Thanks fellas.

it's almost poetic that these seniors get a chance, in their last regular season game ever, to get revenge on the team that handed them their most humiliating defeat of their entire tenure at Texas. Feels like these seniors have been slaying personal demons all year long, this would be a big one to get past.

• 1 month later...

I said it in the game thread, but I’ll say it again here:

I feel great for Heard tonight. He went through so much in his time here. His career obviously didn’t go the way he imagined it, but he handled it all with class, was a tremendous teammate, and a great Longhorn. So glad he and the other seniors go out this way.