Gary Johnson Suspended for Kansas Game

LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

"

h also resulted in his first career forced f

Malcolm Roach, who has seen more action as a down lineman since returning for the West Virginia game following a broken foot he suffered in the team's 37-14 win over USC on Sept. 15 due to Breckyn Hager dealing with an elbow injury, could also get work at the B-backer position if McCulloch is needed inside. Outside of the linebackers already mentioned, the Longhorns have already seen true freshman DeMarvion Overshown (who has been working in practice at Johnson's Rover position along with the Joker position in the dime package) play in six games and cross the threshold of being able to redshirt while fellow true freshman Ayodele Adeoye is still in line for a redshirt having played in only two games.

Sorry..... this was cutoff

Defensive coordinator Todd Orlando has some options at linebacker with Johnson out of the picture, although there's a lack of experience compared to when Johnson is on the field. Wheeler, who ranks No. 2 on the team in total tackles (66) to go along with six tackles for loss, two sacks and a quarterback hurry, will likely spend a lot of time playing next to Jeffrey McCulloch, who has 26 tackles, three tackles for loss, two pass breakups and a quarterback hurry in 11 games (four starts).

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

bbacker won't be an issue if McColloch moves to rover. There are options at rover. Ossai, Roach or you can just put another DB on the field. 

It's just a matter of if McColloch can man the rover spot. 

There are no great options at Rover. McCulloch is the only viable one.

Roach is a defensive lineman now and needs to stay there for the rest of his career.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

There are no great options at Rover. McCulloch is the only viable one.

Roach is a defensive lineman now and needs to stay there for the rest of his career.

My bad meant to say "there are options at bbacker". McCulloch is obviously going to be the guy who plays Rover because he's really the only option. 

But there are options at bbacker once McCulloch moves to rover. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'm gonna go with it is tangentially related to the kid, not directly related.  IE GJ did something dumb around the event of having a kid (ie not communicating plans, a little too much partying, whatever)

This has nothing to do with having kids. Gary Johnson is a selfish motherfucker who can’t stay off of drugs during the middle of the motherfucking season. He’s a repeat offender. He basically forced the issue. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This has nothing to do with having kids. Gary Johnson is a selfish motherfucker who can’t stay off of drugs during the middle of the motherfucking season. He’s a repeat offender. He basically forced the issue. 

Fucking stupid

35 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Mad game? Wtf?

It's irresponsibility. Period.  A pattern which continues with whatever he did to earn the suspension.

Dude needs to grow the fuck up.

It was a joke man haha. I agree but I know how surly swings both ways so I wanted to cover the adult in me that says wear a fucking condom and the college kid in me saying “dude is tapping ass everywhere”. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Is anything they do in the absence of Johnson that is going to be ideal, though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No but I would definitely trust McCulloch more than a true freshman that's hardly played. 

It's Kansas. We don't need McCulloch to be an All-American LBer. Just know what gaps you are suppose to fill and go from there. My understanding is that Orlando cross trains these guys so McCulloch probably has a good bit of experience at rover. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

It was a joke man haha. I agree but I know how surly swings both ways so I wanted to cover the adult in me that says wear a fucking condom and the college kid in me saying “dude is tapping ass everywhere”. 

hes a starting player with NFL potential on the football team,  every single player with that qualification is tapping ass everywhere. 

I would say the ones having exclusive relationships are probably the outliers.

I mean hell, Chris Simms had a pretty exclusive girlfriend his whole time at Texas.... yet he married his NJ high school girlfriend almost immediately after graduating Texas. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

59 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Unfathomable that anyone can say this without sarcasm after watching our team this year.

Did you watch them last week? They know how to stop one dimensional teams, and they were fine against the run from Tulsa through TCU.

This is still Kansas we're playing. We need to nut up.

You guessing, know something, assuming or talking out of your ass?

Deferred again.

40 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Seriously you're saying this is weed or what? Coke? 

If you're Herman gotta have your in house testing dudes know when to toss a sample and whistle while walking away. Dudes a senior and you have 2 (hopefully 3) games left in a season you could possibly win conference and get to 11 wins. You won't have to deal with his shennanigans after these next few games so just toss it and walk away. You think Saban's people don't know when to press one and when to walk away from one? 

Gotta pick your battles, especially when it's something no one would know about unless you tell them and it's your best LB in his final 2 or 3 games before he's off to the NFL draft. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You got any proof?

3 hours ago, In10se said:

Seriously you're saying this is weed or what? Coke? 

If you're Herman gotta have your in house testing dudes know when to toss a sample and whistle while walking away. Dudes a senior and you have 2 (hopefully 3) games left in a season you could possibly win conference and get to 11 wins. You won't have to deal with his shennanigans after these next few games so just toss it and walk away. You think Saban's people don't know when to press one and when to walk away from one? 

Gotta pick your battles, especially when it's something no one would know about unless you tell them and it's your best LB in his final 2 or 3 games before he's off to the NFL draft. 

Disagree. Discipline must be consistent. If we can’t beat Kansas without one player who is disrespecting the culture, we are a bad, bad team. I love the statement suspending an important player makes. Urban Meyer may take crap from his stars, but I bet Saban’s guys are rightly afraid of his discipline.

15 minutes ago, alyeska said:

You got any proof?

You bet, you dense fuck, I’m sitting here with the printed test results. I run the testing lab and I’m currently violating every rule ever written in order to get you the proof you need. PM me your personal contact information and I’ll get everything over to you asap. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1