Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am pretty sure the 2000 title was followed by the Big Red Sports scandal which ultimately had a penalty with it from the NCAA, even as dickless as they'd become. We can sit here and say "well, that was Bomar and Peterson, not the 2000 crew" and I'd say, "right, it was just that one time and not an institutional standard of ongoing behavior that had its whistleblown". Also, the violations in 1956 were suspected to have gone backwards since the end of WWII, and they were penalized according to that logic if memory serves. The way OU leveraged dirty money and the GI fund to their advantage in the late 40's into the 50's is a well-established and examined circumstance, contributing in a very large way to Bud Wilkinson's historic winning streak.

And? You can do the same shit with Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, the Mississippi schools Southern Cal, SMU. Even Red’s 44 and 45 Army teams did that. Shit, the fucking list goes on and on when it comes to infractions. If anything at least the argument could be made that dirt burglars got something in return. What the fuck did aggy ever get?

And that is just the shit the media got wind of. The truth is far uglier then that. Scandals that were able to be put down before making it to a major media outlet of the time. Simply because they happened in college towns where the so called media was part of the very slush fund the other major news groups probably knew about. But chose to ignore.

And that doesn’t even begin to address the AFCA group made up of Shug, Dooley, Bryant, Peterno and McKay. And yes even DKR. All of whom decided who could be in the club, and who could not. And who made life hell for those that didn’t toe the line. Maybe you’re to young to remember that we had a few racial issues back then. And people like Switzer were not liked for a lot more reasons then simply the game of football. But I won’t CR that part of this thread. But, If you believe that it was pure investigative journalism that uncovered those stories you’re naive. Research it yourself. Look for Vince Dooleys response to turning down the OU job in 1965 prior to Mckenzie taking it. Don’t take my word for it. Read it for yourself how “His people” back in Alabama would feel about him coaching a black players. Time heels wounds, it doesn’t change history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

BJ Foster needs to knock the fuck out of that midget and make him quit.  

That would be nice. Just got to get to him before he gets down in the fetal position. I've never see a football player shy away from contact like he does. It's what OU football has become. Even their defense don't like contact. 

2 minutes ago, texaslong said:

That would be nice. Just got to get to him before he gets down in the fetal position. I've never see a football player shy away from contact like he does. It's what OU football has become. Even their defense don't like contact. 

I’ll take that offense any day of the week, but you’re right; that defense is a god damn disgrace 

31 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

And? You can do the same shit with Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, the Mississippi schools Southern Cal, SMU. Even Red’s 44 and 45 Army teams did that. Shit, the fucking list goes on and on when it comes to infractions. If anything at least the argument could be made that dirt burglars got something in return. What the fuck did aggy ever get?

And that is just the shit the media got wind of. The truth is far uglier then that. Scandals that were able to be put down before making it to a major media outlet of the time. Simply because they happened in college towns where the so called media was part of the very slush fund the other major news groups probably knew about. But chose to ignore.

And that doesn’t even begin to address the AFCA group made up of Shug, Dooley, Bryant, Peterno and McKay. And yes even DKR. All of whom decided who could be in the club, and who could not. And who made life hell for those that didn’t toe the line. Maybe you’re to young to remember that we had a few racial issues back then. And people like Switzer were not liked for a lot more reasons then simply the game of football. But I won’t CR that part of this thread. But, If you believe that it was pure investigative journalism that uncovered those stories you’re naive. Research it yourself. Look for Vince Dooleys response to turning down the OU job in 1965 prior to Mckenzie taking it. Don’t take my word for it. Read it for yourself how “His people” back in Alabama would feel about him coaching a black players. Time heels wounds, it doesn’t change history.

Is this performance art? It's one of the more bizarre non sequiturs I can remember reading.

• Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Scandals that were able to be put down before making it to a major media outlet of the time. Simply because they happened in college towns where the so called media was part of the very slush fund the other major news groups probably knew about. But chose to ignore.

*COUGH* Talahassee *COUGH* Tuscaloosa

39 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I had a dream last night that Sam got injured and then so did Shane. Then Rising came into the game and we still won that shit

I’ve pondered this but on a larger scale like Tagovailoa. Maybe a Bizzaro type world. I should have prefaced that with I’ve never written fan fiction or so much as a letter to the editor 

1 minute ago, mr. sunshine said:

I’ve pondered this but on a larger scale like Tagovailoa. Maybe a Bizzaro type world. I should have prefaced that with I’ve never written fan fiction or so much as a letter to the editor 

If Rising comes in and Tua's Ehlinger we are about to rattle of 2* straight MNCs

Edited by ztejas
He would obv leave early

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hop on board, Admiral. 31-14 in the game prediction thread and I'm sticking with it. 

Now - I'm factoring Kyler Murray exploding into 100 pieces sometime during the 2nd quarter into that equation. Not sure if you adjusted for that or not before navigating. 

I went with 27-25.  That would be...... poetic.

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

I had a dream last night that Sam got injured and then so did Shane. Then Rising came into the game and we still won that shit 

Maybe it was part dream part nightmare. I don’t know but it definitely confirmed that indeed, ou sucks. 

Please tell me it wasn't a wet dream.

the dirt thieves may have avoided contact, but with what they have on the line, we should not expect them to lay down like they did all season.  except for ewok.   would love to get him in the open with some legal heavy contact that he doesn't know is coming.  faget will lay down all day long.

A team of pussies can’t just wake up one morning and decide not to be a bunch of pussies anymore.

Fuck ou.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I guess I don't really follow this post. Win or lose tomorrow, I still go to sleep tomorrow night with a UT degree. It's the same as it ever was. I realize for you and yours, your entire identity as a human is basically wound into the OU football program, but that's not the case for us on this side of the border. That's the thing, it's never been, and that's why you twits despise us. Whatever our issues are as fans, we're not lacking a sense of self-importance and elitism, and we never have. We're better than you and yours, irrespective of football result, and that's indisputable fact.

Been lurking on here awhile, hardly ever post. But, damn ctj, you hit the nail on the head with this one. That's exactly what I tell my aggy friends and sooner fans. At the end of the day, I still have a degree from THE University of Texas! Well said.

Edited by LarTXHorn