Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

you should read the article, they have a ton of cash coming in generally and have 16m in the bank (28m/month in salries) but incoming cash is frozen, gameday cash is on pause and ticket sales are limited to existing STH's

and

and

TV revenue is about 2.65m / month.

edit: here is what they earned in 2018-2019 season from TV + prize money. it's serious cash.

image.png.58593685637d33e7456cb9a3f411e817.png

Oh, I did read the article.  And I know they have cash.  But this is a prime example of sanctions at work.

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I read a pretty blistering hot take about how it really means that the leadership is invested and cares and so Russia 🇷🇺 is fighting hard. But that was really fucking stupid, so there’s that.

Morale is shit anyway, can't imagine dead generals help.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

their secure communications platforms require 3G/4G, which they took out because it was critical infrastructure

the lack of secure communications has burned them once (the non secure intercepts led to the last guy getting killed) and will again

which probably leads to less communications with leadership

which probably leads to more leadership being pushed out further into the field

which leads to more leadership being killed

All this + this isn't new.  Great book about WWII by Dunnigan/Nofi called "Dirty little secrets of WWII" outlines how one of THE most important things the Russians needed from the US were insulated communication cables/wires.  They had a horrible inability to coordinate and communicate between the front line units and the support elements.  

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Oryx been really busy updating the list the past 48 hours…not sure why it’s posting the same damn tweet twice. Sorry. 

Does anyone have a link/info about the amount of tanks/trucks/vehicles that Russia had staged prior to the invasion?   The Oryx link is reporting 1,091 confirmed lost/destroyed vehicles of some kind for Russia (and it is likely higher).   I am curious what percentage of pre-staged equipment that represents?

On the upside for Russia, they need to supply a lot less Diesel/gas now.  :)

• Hook 'Em 1

About the huge lines at VS in Russia yesterday

PRr6Bjxr_normal.jpg

Vene kodanik Victoria's Secreti poodide sulgemise kohta: "… It hurts a little to look at all this … Will we not see high-quality beautiful lingerie for a long time? Do you know what we will wear and buy now? I’m just shocked.” Okei.

3 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

At least one of the oligarchs are willing to say the obvious about nationalization of foreign assets.

They may get the physical assets, which would somewhat keep production going short term, but the loss of technical supply chain, production knowledge, and most importantly trust by international corporations is irreplaceable.

Go look at Venezuela as an example and magnify that by a magnitude of 10. There it was primarily just oil, in Russia it most of thier packaged food production and a large majority of luxury items for the middle to upper middle class.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

PRr6Bjxr_normal.jpg

Vene kodanik Victoria's Secreti poodide sulgemise kohta: "… It hurts a little to look at all this … Will we not see high-quality beautiful lingerie for a long time? Do you know what we will wear and buy now? I’m just shocked.” Okei.

i feel for those hot Russian women not having access to lingerie 

• Hook 'Em 1

This bodes well.  We can't forget it took the vaunted US military close to 3 weeks to capture Baghdad.  This is far from over and more than likely will devolve into a slugfest of attrition.  "Short" wars are as rare as chicken lips, and almost always have a cleat strategic objective which is definitely not the case here.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

PRr6Bjxr_normal.jpg

they'll get chinese stuff which is where most of it is made anyway and the cam girls will still be paid in nickels so can still afford it if they can figure out how to access their accounts (i assume any who make enough to get the fuck out of russia will do so, i've heard indonesia is turning into cam girl land already)

Just now, BabaYaga said:

This bodes well.  We can't forget it took the vaunted US military close to 3 weeks to capture Baghdad.  This is far from over and more than likely will devolve into a slugfest of attrition.  "Short" wars are as rare as chicken lips, and almost always have a cleat strategic objective which is definitely not the case here.

Negative artic temps combined with being inside of huge chunks of metal that rely on regular fuel deliveries to keep the crew compartments at liveable temperature un a setting where antitank infantry weapons are rampant with no infantry screen to help support the armor…

First time we ran out of fuel (or it became obvious we were going to do so) you are bailing out and finding someplace warm to hole up.

The old adage of an army marches on its stomach is still valid, but it may be better stated that an advance is driven by the ability to provide consumables to the front lines.

No fuel and food means the first sign of hardship discipline and doctrine go out the window.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

RU doesn't have the forces for it.  

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

If they're from the mountains of the Hindu Kush, or similar regions, they very well might

Well it said Arabs, and I doubt Afghans would go fight for him. Plus they are not Arabs

Only other strong mountain fighters are the Kurds and they are not Putin fans. 

Syrian military is my thought judging from their camo. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

They can take the major population centers, encircle them and try and choke them out.  This also makes getting supplies to those fighting within much more difficult.  

Would take a whole lot more troops than they have to encircle a city of millions - I am not sure they have the troops to fully encircle Round Rock...

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

They can take the major population centers, encircle them and try and choke them out.  This also makes getting supplies to those fighting within much more difficult.  

And every circle they make exposes a massive rear to attack from behind.  The risks of that, the further west into Ukraine that we're talking about, are material.  It doesn't matter if the javelin that blows up a RUS tank came from the encircled forces inside a city, or the attacking forces coming from outside the ring.  Blowed up is blowed up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

Will now wear much more high quality Babushka’s Secret, produced of finest textiles in Leningrad by dedicated Bolshevik women.

Say what you will, but many a young Russian lad spent a bit too much time in the bathroom with the Babushka's Secret catalog.....

3bbc2a0d3f1323bc8a33c90c1a4283d7--cute-n

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And every circle they make exposes a massive rear to attack from behind.  The risks of that, the further west into Ukraine that we're talking about, are material.  It doesn't matter if the javelin that blows up a RUS tank came from the encircled forces inside a city, or the attacking forces coming from outside the ring.  Blowed up is blowed up.

It can, but it also allows Russia to apply significant pressure on these population centers, consolidate their forces, and apply maximum pain.  A guerilla army is effective, but mounting large campaigns is difficult for them.  Look at the Tet offensive.  Took years to plan, was massive in it's scale, and still failed spectacularly (from a military perspective).

It won on the public/perspective front, but again, we are talking years.  Assume months now, that a lot of time to have these cities hold out without a way to resupply them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

It can, but it also allows Russia to apply significant pressure on these population centers, consolidate their forces, and apply maximum pain.  A guerilla army is effective, but mounting large campaigns is difficult for them.  Look at the Tet offensive.  Took years to plan, was massive in it's scale, and still failed spectacularly (from a military perspective).

It won on the public/perspective front, but again, we are talking years.  Assume months now, that a lot of time to have these cities hold out without a way to resupply them.  

That's why the attacks from outside of the ring have to be aggressive, relentless, and focused on breaking holes in the ring for resupply.  A thin siege ring is no ring at all, if you can break it.

4 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Then you'd need 300K troops in Ukraine for decades to occupy it.

That's not viable - hence my assumption that they want the quickest end to this, meaning squeeze the cities and cut them off to bring the UA to the table.  That means applying max pain on them.  

18 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

They will do great fighting in winter conditions. 

I love the camera angles too!  It's like a news network filming a protest for the lead story, but there are only 30 people there and so the camera looks up and down on the center group but never pans out.

We can see the nose hairs and then the bald spots of the guys in the center but not much else of the 16K reinforcements.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

That's why the attacks from outside of the ring have to be aggressive, relentless, and focused on breaking holes in the ring for resupply.  A thin siege ring is no ring at all, if you can break it.

They can pin-prick around the edges, but to "break" a siege they'd need mechanized forces, support units, artillery, airpower, etc.  They'd have to go head to head with the Russians at times, and fight them in a way that the Russians prefer.  That's why the VC, Iraqi's, and Afghans avoid direct contact as much as possible.  That means time.  Time I pray the cities have.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

They can pin-prick around the edges, but to "break" a siege they'd need mechanized forces, support units, artillery, airpower, etc.  They'd have to go head to head with the Russians at times, and fight them in a way that the Russians prefer.  That's why the VC, Iraqi's, and Afghans avoid direct contact as much as possible.  That means time.  Time I pray the cities have.

you're not wrong.

And they do have mechanized forces and artillery.....just not sure how much, and where.  I suspect it will take some clever multi-pronged attacks, along with some serious feints.  In the meantime, cities in the east are going to become horror shows.

But they will become horror shows that the world will watch.  Russia's sanctioned/pariah status will only get worse.  There's some element of seeing which besieged population will break first: the Ukrainians dying in their cities, or the Russians who are rushing headlong into having limited goods available to them, including lots of foodstuffs.  And of course, oligarchs who are losing their grasp on their wealth and the benefits that come with it daily.

I don't see the nation of Ukraine surrendering, or even "suing for peace" on terms that are particularly favorable to Russia.  Tens of thousands of Ukrainians are going to die.  Maybe more than that.  But they aren't going to fucking quit, I don't see it.

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The Georgians are there?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

you're not wrong.

And they do have mechanized forces and artillery.....just not sure how much, and where.  I suspect it will take some clever multi-pronged attacks, along with some serious feints.  In the meantime, cities in the east are going to become horror shows.

But they will become horror shows that the world will watch.  Russia's sanctioned/pariah status will only get worse.  There's some element of seeing which besieged population will break first: the Ukrainians dying in their cities, or the Russians who are rushing headlong into having limited goods available to them, including lots of foodstuffs.  And of course, oligarchs who are losing their grasp on their wealth and the benefits that come with it daily.

I don't see the nation of Ukraine surrendering, or even "suing for peace" on terms that are particularly favorable to Russia.  Tens of thousands of Ukrainians are going to die.  Maybe more than that.  But they aren't going to fucking quit, I don't see it.

All true.  And it circles back to the issue of time.  Time is the killer here.  It will grind both the RU, the UA, and most importantly the civilians into the dirt.  This seems to be the breakup of Yugoslavia on steroids.  I think the UA can and will pull this off, but it will be years in the making.  

Here's the problem.....how long is the attention span of the west?  For now, sure....we're all holding hands.  But what about 6 months from now?  A year?  Five years?  How long are we going to support them.  This is the only way they can "win", but they need supplies to continue to flow.  I hope it continues, but that is THE biggest singe point of failure for the UA. 

us....

• Hook 'Em 2