Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Good for more than just tanks too

We're seeing a shift in military strategy on land akin the advent of the air craft carrier supplanting the mighty battleship.  While the tank will always have a place on the battlefield during WWII and after, it's luster was gone...relegated to shore bombardment primarily and interdiction of smaller ships provided they had air cover.  Smaller and obviously cheaper aircraft can harass, drive off, and destroy those large ships with ease

Tanks are so large and cumbersome and MADPADS and AT missiles so prevalent, they are helpless without infantry to support them.  They are also expensive and slow to make, like capital ships.  Seeing these UA infantry stalk and kill these lumbering tanks is like seeing a pack of wolves take out a giant buffalo.  They also have their place, but unless they are supported, they are helpless.  

Can you imagine 60's and 70's era commanders defending the Fulda Gap dismissing large mechanized columns for the most part; instead requesting thousands upon thousands of highly trained and supplied infantry and using the tanks more in a secondary manner?  They'd get laughed out of the room.  

• Hook 'Em 7

53 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Ahhh yes.TP limits…good times! 

buckwheat is serious business:

KAKISSIS: He's also got some unusual delicacies, like fermented bees. And he's got buckwheat, an indestructible grain that's become a staple during years of tension with Russia.

KLOPOTENKO: When your neighbor start to be crazy, you should go to shop and buy buckwheat. If you have a buckwheat, it means that you will not die.

KAKISSIS: He's got at least a two-year supply of buckwheat. He makes chamomile-scented bread with it. And despite the constant talk of war, his restaurant is as busy as ever.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/16/1081247583/a-ukrainian-chefs-borsch-is-an-act-of-resistance

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Russia has requested a meeting of the UN Security Council on Friday to discuss the military-biological activities of the United States in Ukraine

Putin:  They keep killing all our guys and blowing our shit up.  Ukraine isn't fighting fair!

giphy.gif

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Get out your time machine bingo cards!

Last paragraph google-translated:

"Jeans products "Bolshevichki" has already passed the mandatory certification. Roskachestvo experts noted that domestic jeans are superior to Western counterparts in all respects."

Yeah, right! Back to the old Bolshevik LIES that ALL things were invented in ruskie-land and that thus they are "superior to all things." 

Geez, I thought I had heard the last of this shit from these lying commie sacks of shit 30 years ago!  Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

We're seeing a shift in military strategy on land akin the advent of the air craft carrier supplanting the mighty battleship.  While the tank will always have a place on the battlefield during WWII and after, it's luster was gone...relegated to shore bombardment primarily and interdiction of smaller ships provided they had air cover.  Smaller and obviously cheaper aircraft can harass, drive off, and destroy those large ships with ease

Tanks are so large and cumbersome and MADPADS and AT missiles so prevalent, they are helpless without infantry to support them.  They are also expensive and slow to make, like capital ships.  Seeing these UA infantry stalk and kill these lumbering tanks is like seeing a pack of wolves take out a giant buffalo.  They also have their place, but unless they are supported, they are helpless.  

Can you imagine 60's and 70's era commanders defending the Fulda Gap dismissing large mechanized columns for the most part; instead requesting thousands upon thousands of highly trained and supplied infantry and using the tanks more in a secondary manner?  They'd get laughed out of the room.  

That was realized after the 91 Persian Gulf war.  You simply don't have time to ship them anymore.  It takes months to ship and get them in theater.  Fighting Congress took a long time.  A c17 can only bring one at a time.  Ships take months.  War would have ended by now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, FartingMonk said:

That was realized after the 91 Persian Gulf war.  You simply don't have time to ship them anymore.  It takes months to ship and get them in theater.  Fighting Congress took a long time.  A c17 can only bring one at a time.  Ships take months.  War would have ended by now.

Little different with adjacent countries, but the point is valid.  They can't even manage their own logistics for an invasion on their own border. 

4 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Last paragraph google-translated:

"Jeans products "Bolshevichki" has already passed the mandatory certification. Roskachestvo experts noted that domestic jeans are superior to Western counterparts in all respects."

Yeah, right! Back to the old Bolshevik LIES that ALL things were invented in ruskie-land and that thus they are "superior to all things." 

Geez, I thought I had heard the last of this shit from these lying commie sacks of shit 30 years ago!  Lulz.

Russian freezer McDonald’s burger better than fresh McDonalds burger.  Russian freezer perfect hamburger 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, FartingMonk said:

That was realized after the 91 Persian Gulf war.  You simply don't have time to ship them anymore.  It takes months to ship and get them in theater.  Fighting Congress, Boeing, Vought & MDD took a long time.  A c17 can only bring one at a time.  Ships take months.  War would have ended by now.

editorial suggestion...The MIC suuuuuucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SL Xpress said:

Many Viet Cong and north Vietnamese POWs would literally start uncontrollably shaking when they heard a B-52 pass overhead. 

My mom described it has a buzzing sound and the first time they saw the bombs come down it looked like little light bulbs and it exploded everything around them.  She was 9 or 10 years old at the time

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

Many Viet Cong and north Vietnamese POWs would literally start uncontrollably shaking when they heard a B-52 pass overhead. 

I get it.  I was in Cu Chi many years ago - the massive tunnel network region in Vietnam.  The still evident craters, overgrown after decades, were still the size of public swimming pools.  Got to the terrifying.  

I still have a pair of Bolshevichkis. They’re indestructible. 

Putin’s always wanted to nationalize factories but his dumbass failed to do when it was optimal. Now he gets his wish as he witnesses the economic growth he saw collapse within 6 months all because he’s a closeted gay man who wishes it was still 1956. 

Genius, sure. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I can, but that’s because the Fulda gap would resemble the moon because of all the arty and aerial bombing that would take place before and during the push. I agree with your sentiment wrt urban or hybrid conflict, tanks are a horrible choice. That’s not what the Fulda gap fight was ever going to be. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

I can, but that’s because the Fulda gap would resemble the moon because of all the arty and aerial bombing that would take place before and during the push. I agree with your sentiment wrt urban or hybrid conflict, tanks are a horrible choice. That’s not what the Fulda gap fight was ever going to be. 

Fulda would have always involved tactical nukes, so moot point anyway.....but mobile infantry that could be quickly shuttled to the battlefield could turn old-school tank columns advancing in unison to a scrap heap in a hurry, especially with supporting air cover.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Putin’s always wanted to nationalize factories but his dumbass failed to do when it was optimal. Now he gets his wish as he witnesses the economic growth he saw collapse within 6 months all because he’s a closeted gay man who wishes it was still 1956. 

Genius, sure. 

Apparently the style of enterprise he opted for is one where your customers tell you how much they're going to pay for your product, and the gov't tells you how much you're going to pay them for the right to stay in business. Shocking it hasn't worked out for them. Reminds me of the Sopranos episode where Tony and crew took over the guy's sporting goods store.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Genius, sure. 

marketplace had a bit on this yesterday

Ryssdal: Do you suppose we’re headed back to — and look, this a leap — but to the Soviet-era days of a command economy over there?

Miller: You know, I think that is a reasonable comparison to make. The government’s taking more and more direct control of business decisions. It’s imposing new restrictions on the flow of capital and on the ability of individuals to access their own bank accounts. I think the other factor that matters on this front is that the Russian economy is going to get more militarized as the government tries to prepare itself for the current war and any future confrontations. And the more the military and the security services play a role in economic policy, the more command methods come to the fore.

https://www.marketplace.org/2022/03/09/could-russia-return-soviet-era-command-economy/

53 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Honestly wish the Tucker Carlson knob slobbers would just fuck off back to wherever they came from.  Fucking cunts.

Russia is up against this:

The only thing they need to focus on liberating is Ukraine’s foot from their ass.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Fulda would have always involved tactical nukes, so moot point anyway.....but mobile infantry that could be quickly shuttled to the battlefield could turn old-school tank columns advancing in unison to a scrap heap in a hurry, especially with supporting air cover.  

Fuck no.  Not then and not now would our strategy to fight tanks have been to ferry troops quickly into the battlefield to fight armored columns.  If you want an example of a fight of the Fulda Gap look at the battle during  the Gulf war.  Iraqi doctrine was based off Soviet Doctrine. Meet the other army in the open battle fields.  Before the M1s could even show up Apaches and A-10s made short work of the entire Iraqi tank column.  Mobile infantry would have gotten slaughtered.  

Russia mouthpieces now saying stuff about their civilian aircraft. They are fucking despicable anyway and obviously desperate because pretty much the whole world is united against them BUT hopefully they wouldn’t shoot down their own civilian aircraft. I mean the amount of shit they are spewing is just ridiculous. 

Oh and NATO and other nations are not going to stop helping Ukraine. I was reading it is possible for the UN as a collective body to possibly protect Ukraine’s skies but I doubt that happens…but with what Russia is doing right now all options are on the fucking table.