Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

Yeah the US still says only 2,000 dead Russians, the Europeans say around 9,000, and the Ukrainians say 12,000. There is a WIDE discrepancy, which I was pontificating on yesterday. The US to VERY off from the other sources.

9 days ago, back on the morning of March 2nd, Russia officially said 500 dead, 1,600 wounded.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-says-498-its-soldiers-killed-1597-wounded-ukraine-ria-2022-03-02/

There's no way Russia would release the real numbers, and they didn't even release POW numbers.  That's both because they are run by an ex-KGB officer who would not release actual numbers, but also I don't think they know - they are constantly just leaving their dead and wounded behind, and it's clear that senior leaders don't seem to have a grasp of what's going on at the company/platoon level.

And it seems like things are really picking up now.

There's got to be a good 20,000+ dead and wounded at this point, and it's probably higher.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Nah. Just thought about the US propaganda angle after the edit window closed. Plus, she apparently proofreads before posting and I end up editing most posts.

I’m sure there are posters who would beg to disagree with the assessment I proofread my posts. I have limited brain power.

21 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

are you a nicole sock?

Nah. Just thought about the US propaganda angle after the edit window closed. Plus, she apparently proofreads before posting and I end up editing most posts.

Why would an attention hound have a sock?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

The "spoils" of war vary between the times.  This is just sad how destitute the Russians are.  Reap what you sow guys....

I can't decide if Putin is calling for more foreign volunteers because the Russians are thoroughly getting their asses kicked.

Or Putin has received reports that do not give him confidence in the ability of Russian soldiers to fight.

both GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Womp womp

You know what would fix that?

1 -- put on a uniform, bitch.

2 -- get in a BMP headed to Ukraine.

3 -- get a Javelin upside your head.

You'll end up on social media then.  Plenty of shots of dead Russian invaders on there.  Let's make you REALLY famous!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Fuck, you proof read posts? fuck, i fire them off and hope for the best. sometimes if horrible typos I will edit.

We are all pretty much following the same Twitter feeds now so I do try to go back a few pages to see if it’s already been posted. That’s about it. Lol. 

I don’t want to detract from the thread but if I have to defend myself I will. It’s not about me and shouldn’t be ever about me or my posts. It’s a great thread and I’m glad it’s on surly.

5 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

It's not a matter of will, it's a matter of voters.  Midterms, POTUS, etc...how easy is it to say "I will change things".  Politicians are many things, but self-serving is a universal trait.  If the heats gets ramped up, I can see some measure of caving or "talks" happening to get their constituents happy.  Russia's play might be to draw this out as long as they can to punish the West who are reliant on so many of their goods while China smiles from the sidelines.

Not a good outlook.  

This is possibly the first war fought where social media was an integral part of everything, where the people being invaded/attacked still have a lot of internet access, where there are a lot of live webcams streaming all kinds of stuff, and it's shaping public opinion.  People are seeing images unfiltered, and thanks to recent upgrades to social media platforms, they click on "translate tweet" or "translate post" or whatever in twitter or Facebook, etc., and are instantly given the English-language translation.  Things like twitter, TikTok, etc., are bringing us near-real-time photos and videos of shit going down, and people aren't relying on the traditional media outlets for this stuff or to tell them what to think or what is going on, they are getting it through the apps on their phones, and in many cases, if they are following social media, they are way ahead of the traditional media outlets, by hours.

Yes, people can bitch about gas prices (and there's more to that than simply Russia, but that's for the 6th Street Journal threads), but they all understand little kids, pregnant women, etc., being killed and people's homes being wrecked and the targeting of civilians.

People also understand things like when Russians fucking attack Chernobyl.

Russia is fucking up in so many obvious ways already discussed in this thread, but Putin is still stuck in the mindset of Grozny or Aleppo where a lot of that stuff was out-of-sight of Westerners for a lot of reasons (lack of smartphones, social media access, internet access in general, lack of instant and automated translation tools, etc.).  Whether it's his own personal habits or whatever, he's not understanding that Ukraine's success against the Russians is being seen and celebrated around the world, as well as the Russian atrocities are being seen and are angering people around the world.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Womp womp

She could tell all of her followers to meet her in the streets and they could start asking Russian leadership why the West is cutting off all of their toys.

Wish more social influencer types would go through this shit and realize they add very little to society.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

She could tell all of her followers to meet her in the streets and they could start asking Russian leadership why the West is cutting off all of their toys.

Wish more social influencer types would go through this shit and realize they add very little to society.

Exactly! 

About the huge lines at VS in Russia yesterday       PRr6Bjxr_normal.jpg   Liisigrass  @R_Liisi   Vene kodanik Victoria's Secreti poodide sulgemise kohta: "… It hurts a little to look at all this … Will we not see high-quality beautiful lingerie for a long time? Do you know what we will wear and buy now? I’m just shocked.” Okei.   12:17 AM · Mar 11, 2022·Twitter for Android      

Those poor people. They think Victoria Secret is high quality lingerie?
  • Hook 'Em 2

Is anyone following what's going on in Azerbaijan? They're under a ceasefire agreement with Armenia, brokered by Putin, but lately the Azeris have been lobbing missiles into Armenia. Russia has peacekeeping forces inside the Nagorno-Karabakh region. Does Russia have the weight to tell them to stop? If not, does Turkey throw caution and politics to the wind and aid Azerbaijan in taking the region?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

Is anyone following what's going on in Azerbaijan? They're under a ceasefire agreement with Armenia, brokered by Putin, but lately the Azeris have been lobbing missiles into Armenia. Russia has peacekeeping forces inside the Nagorno-Karabakh region. Does Russia have the weight to tell them to stop? If not, does Turkey throw caution and politics to the wind and aid Azerbaijan in taking the region?

I haven't been, but I did read today where India accidentally shot a missile at Pakistan.  How the fuck does that happen?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I haven't been, but I did read today where India accidentally shot a missile at Pakistan.  How the fuck does that happen?

made by Tata?

Yeah read that. India says it malfunctioned. Concerning Armenia, not seeing much at all except for a few items on Twitter. 

BBC Link. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-60711653

Edited by InkaUtexas
Add link

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Do the Russians not have an equivalent aircraft to the Wild Weasel? Or are their anti-radiation missiles just shit?  

I don’t think the US really has any dedicated Wild Weasel aircraft since the last F-4Gs were retired in the mid 90s.  The avionics on the later generation fighters is advanced enough to do the same role with a HARM targeting pod.

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I don’t think the US really has any dedicated Wild Weasel aircraft since the last F-4Gs were retired in the mid 90s.  The avionics on the later generation fighters is advanced enough to do the same role with a HARM targeting pod.

We use F-16s for those missions now: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Weasel

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Did someone say Wild Weasel?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

All I can tell you is that Armenia is the Ireland of the Caucasus region.

I've also seen some folks speculating the Russians are trying to get foreign fighters in to Ukraine to keep forces freed up in case shit starts elsewhere.  But hell, what could the Russians do at this point in Georgia or wherever?  Still don't know how they would take Moldova for that matter.

18 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I used to work with one of the weasel pilots who commanded a squadron heading into Desert   Storm. They picked beer brands as squadron call signs, bribed the Air Force weather weenies to not forecast freezing water for the transatlantic crossing so they wouldn’t have to wear survival suits on the way over with cases of beer and serviced many SAM sites with some of their own medicine. Somewhere there’s video of CNN interviewing him after the first mission. 

Anyone else get not a great vibe from these videos of captured soldiers?   It isn't as bad as dudes with swords and shit standing in front of an isis flag with an American journalist on his knees reading a script.... but I don't know man. Seems a bit much. 

Ukraine is fucking killing it with the pr war,  but maybe temper that shit a touch. 

Or maybe my shits all regarded. 

2 minutes ago, pops said:

Anyone else get not a great vibe from these videos of captured soldiers?   It isn't as bad as dudes with swords and shit standing in front of an isis flag with an American journalist on his knees reading a script.... but I don't know man. Seems a bit much. 

Ukraine is fucking killing it with the pr war,  but maybe temper that shit a touch. 

Or maybe my shits all regarded. 

On the one hand, showing them downtrodden/depressed/etc. is good - shows the Ukrainians that they aren't the mythical Red Army of Olde and are quite beatable.

But on the other hand, I'm sure those guys will be executed when they end up back in Russia, unless Putin is no longer in power.

The F-16 specially block 50/52 carry the HARM (AGM-88) because that platform is responsible for SEAD missions. Can other aircraft carry it, such as the F-15 yes. They have the avionics but a F-15 does not perform SEAD missions and is more of a air superiority fighter.

The F-35 can also carry the HARM but I doubt you'll see it carry out those precision strike for a while.

4 minutes ago, Bravo said:

BTW looking at the tactics on this clip this wasnt some conscript unit. The APCs got the fuck out and the tanks didnt run. Nice job UA fighters!

I would think the tanks wouldn't be run by conscripts, but I will say the tanks should have been engaging guys on the ground in front of them with their co-axial or the machine gun on top and not their main cannon.  That one tank fired into the trees, and some dude popped up and hit it with an RPG (didn't seem to do much damage).

And the infantry should have bailed out of the APCs and went immediately into that tree-line after the Ukrainian fighters, because a few more Javelins in that tree-line and and you'd have 3-4 vehicles gone, including tanks.  Russians were damned lucky.

But yeah, nice little ambush by UA fighters, and I have a feeling this is happening all over the place.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Shit is popping off in Kyiv. I'd guess cruise missiles.

Saw this - it could mean they are running low on short/medium-range missiles if they are using these, because that's a lot of work to get cruise missiles launched.  

Would be like us using B-52s to launch cruise missiles from Texas to Monterrey in Mexico.

• Rage+1 1

The interesting thing about these deaths, putting aside that they are officers in elite units, is that they are being announced by Russian officials, and being published on Russian social media networks.  On the one hand, you'd think they'd want to cover up such deaths.  On the other hand, could be used to tell the Russian people "See, they are killing our heroes! They are evil!"

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Saw this - it could mean they are running low on short/medium-range missiles if they are using these, because that's a lot of work to get cruise missiles launched.  

Would be like us using B-52s to launch cruise missiles from Texas to Monterrey in Mexico.

Are they crossing into Ukraine to launch them?  Or just staying on the Russian side of the border?

17 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Shit is popping off in Kyiv. I'd guess cruise missiles. There hasnt been almost anything for nights there. I would guess they are going to make a push in a few days. They're softening positions

Here's to hoping the Ukrainians have a massive ambush set for them.

• Hook 'Em 1