Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Russian forces now within 9 miles of downtown Kyiv.  Equivalent to southbound Russians taking the Domain.

Also, the Wall Street headwinds against energy companies aren't just the 'Limit production to maximize profits' and risk aversion mentioned in above articles.  Activist investor ESG bullcrap is also a big factor, along with current and perceived future possible impacts of the myriad of regulatory roadblocking, foot dragging, and games.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Saint Tacky said:

Here Is Fiona Hill on "The Daily" today. She says in an interview with Ezra Klein that Putin has shifted from regime change to complete annihilation of Ukraine, it's leaders, cities, and population. He wants nothing more that to punish everyone [13:51] and teach a lesson to anyone that chooses to ignore Russia. This is a long way from over [19:54]. 

This is a good listen.  Thanks for posting.  

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, PTINS said:

No. 

Covid decimated O&G demand in 2020, it started rebounding later in the year, and the green intiative gave it a big kick in the nuts in 2021.  

The Oil & Gas industry is very capital intensive, and the investment community RAN away from the industry given the politcal environment. Wall Street demands capital discipline from energy companies, and trashing your 2022 budget and plan would not be viewed favorably.

If the EU shuts off imports from Russia, is the US ready to step up and take up the slack?  In the past month, Congress has floated trial balloons of protectionist policies, limiting exports of oil & gas and windfall profits taxes.  The US is capable of meeting the challenge, but does the US want really to?

No, what do you mean no? We do have the equipment or are you talking about something else? To your point of should we, absolutely yes we should. You can't curb demand by denying/reducing supply which is what appears to be the goal. If there is a demand for a product, someone will find a way to get that product to market if there is profit and there is always profit or there wouldn't be demand. Do we need to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, sure but that is a very long term project that can't fix the problem we have now. You can produce oil and gas way faster than you can reduce reliance on it. If the goal is to reduce energy costs, the answer is to produce more energy, not how you change the way you use it.

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Has the SA been replaced by the SS? Will be interesting to keep up with this one to see if we can get confirmation.

Fascinating.

1 hour ago, Saint Tacky said:

I had a coworker whose fiancé flew an A-10 in the first Gulf War. He flew in the attack on the retreating Iraqi military personnel attempting to leave Kuwait on the "Highway of Death."  The photos and scenes from that event that have come out since certainly fit his narrative of the carnage.  Flying the length of the convoy, or crossing over it and strafing soldiers that had fled into the desert. Cherry-picking targets at their leisure one at a time with an eye towards maximum damage to man and material. No resistance but small arms fire. He was more concerned about running low on fuel or ammunition and missing out on the last few runs than he was of getting fired upon.

Here Is Fiona Hill on "The Daily" today. She says in an interview with Ezra Klein that Putin has shifted from regime change to complete annihilation of Ukraine, it's leaders, cities, and population. He wants nothing more that to punish everyone [13:51] and teach a lesson to anyone that chooses to ignore Russia. This is a long way from over [19:54]. 

Depressing.

13 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Russian forces now within 9 miles of downtown Kyiv.  Equivalent to southbound Russians taking the Domain.

Inevitable.

Sigh.

Trying to predict what Pinche Putin is going to do is just mental masturbation. 
No one knows… as many stated 350+ pages ago, before the invasion.

He’s a sociopath. Many have said that he doesn’t even know… Which is probably true.

It’s almost like dealing a mentally unstable jilted ex-lover/significant other that you just broke up with. But on steroids and blown up exponentially.

He could boil a bunny, go full gone girl or do something similar of what I’ve read on the divorce thread.

Predicting sociopathic behavior is extremely difficult. No one knows. 
Let’s just hope for humanity, this situation ends as soon as possible. 

Edited by JerrysJheriCurl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

Trying to predict what Pinche Putin is going to do is just mental masturbation. 
No one knows… as many stated 350+ pages ago, before the invasion.

He’s a sociopath. Many have said that he doesn’t even know… Which is probably true.

It’s equivalent of having a jilted ex-lover/significant other that you just broke up with. But on steroids. 

He could boil a bunny, go full gone girl or do something similar of what I’ve read on the divorce thread.

No one knows. 
Let’s just hope for humanity, this situation ends as soon as possible. 

The best laid plans....

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Yep, this is going to devolve into a Balkan/Afghanistan-style charnel house and it's sickening.  I don't see a quick end to this?  Hope I'm wrong...

Well, RU leadership is a bit more concerned about the war for their heads than the special military operation presently.

In two week Putler took a prosperous burgeoning middle class to bankrupt, back to behind to Iron Curtain, and soon rationing and bread lines.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Also, the Wall Street headwinds against energy companies aren't just the 'Limit production to maximize profits' and risk aversion mentioned in above articles.  Activist investor ESG bullcrap is also a big factor, along with current and perceived future possible impacts of the myriad of regulatory roadblocking, foot dragging, and games.

Domain is totally their vibe. They'd never leave. Austin is safe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

of course they are.  part of russia's logistical problem is that the 50,000 crates full of 1,000 rations each are actually 37,987 crates full of 765 rations each. 

Yeah but they should've been prepared for that. It isn't like that's a new problem for Russians.

5 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

No, what do you mean no? We do have the equipment or are you talking about something else? 

Do we have the equipment?

No, we do not have the equipment to get back to the pre-Covid state of the industry.  The supply chain of equipment, drill pipe, nuts and bolts, & people,  etc.,  is nowhere close to where it was 2 years ago.    Many companies went bankrupt, or merged, meaning there are just less fewer of them; you can't flip a switch and erase that. 

It takes time do rebuild that infrastructure.  And money.  Lots of money.  The cost of Capital is higher and development, operating and maintenance costs are much higher (oil field inflation is worse than regular inflation).  

... talking about something else?

This. The social, political and regulatory climate. 

Who the fuck is "Big Oil" anymore; Exxon ($360B Market cap), Chevron ($330B, or Conoco ($130B)?  BP & Shell hardly play in the US anymore.

FYI, Apple comes in at $2.6 TRILLION & Amazon @ $1.5T. 

To be clear, I think the US should mash the gas and do whatever we can to wean the EU from depending on Russia for O&G. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PTINS said:

No, we do not have the equipment to get back to the pre-Covid state of the industry.  The supply chain of equipment, drill pipe, nuts and bolts, & people,  etc.,  is nowhere close to where it was 2 years ago.    Many companies went bankrupt, or merged, meaning there are just less fewer of them; you can't flip a switch and erase that. 

It takes time do rebuild that infrastructure.  And money.  Lots of money.  The cost of Capital is higher and development, operating and maintenance costs are much higher (oil field inflation is worse than regular inflation).  

Who the fuck is "Big Oil" anymore; Exxon ($360B Market cap), Chevron ($330B, or Conoco ($130B)?  BP & Shell hardly play in the US anymore.

To be clear, I think the US should mash the gas and do whatever we can to wean the EU from depending on Russia for O&G. 

Not sure where to find this info so maybe you do or just know. Can the strategic oil reserve play a viable part in this?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

7 minutes ago, PTINS said:

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure where to find this info so maybe you do or just know. Can the strategic oil reserve play a viable per on this?

Oil Barons

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure where to find this info so maybe you do or just know. Can the strategic oil reserve play a viable part in this?

We imported a small amount from Russia.  Maybe 500-600K barrels a day.  The SOR is around 700 million barrels.  So yes, they could.  I know we are in talks with other countries like Venezuela and those fucks from Saudi, so who knows where this lands?

15 minutes ago, PTINS said:

From my understanding, the smaller exploration and production companies are the ones that got swallowed up and or went out of business. We have continued drilling, the companies making drill pipe are still making drill pipe and casing. The oilfield services companies are still intact. The drilling companies are still drilling and still have the rigs. Some of the infrastructure is gone but by no means is all of it. We are in much better shape than we were in 2010 after the financial crisis. You can't flip a switch but you damn sure can turn it up. Most companies did a phenomenal job reducing drilling costs over the last 15 years. When I first went to work in ND it cost around 10 million per well at around 25 days drill time at about 22k feet. When I left about 2 years later they had it to around 4 million. Almost all the tools and parts are manufactured here in the US. Anything stamped made in China was removed or not allowed on site. The biggest hurdle IMHO is political which is actually included in the capital needed for these drilling campaigns.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

She's not new.  We're all big fans of hers here.

We?, my co-worker sitting right next to me says she is a fucking moron, but what does he know, he's from Finland anyway. I do like her comments though. I myself really don't know anything about her. I'll see myself out.

• Hook 'Em 1