Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

I would laugh that they don’t know where anything is in their mafia-ruled country, and don’t realize so much is missing because Putin and his buddies were robbing the state coffers, but it also means they are gloating about fucking with civiiians,

Fe-Fr2AWYAAjKhj?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Different countries, but showing that the drone stuff has made its way into third-world countries.  I’m assuming that the US, Brits, French, etc. are studying the hell out of drone usage in Ukraine, because it could bite us in the ass in the Middle East and Africa.   Small mortars are all over the world, as are drones.  Some of this shit is 3D-printed.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've told this story somewhere on here before...maybe earlier in this thread.

My company launched a streaming analytics platform a couple years ago. One of my customers was a launch partner for our solution, and some of their early solution use cases were predictive maintenance analytics and computer vision analytics. My main contact even filmed a launch video and webinar with our program managers. Anyway, about 4 days after we launched, I get a call from the program manager that "Some Army dude" watched our webinar and is interested in what my partner does, and requested an in-person deep dive. Keep in mind, this is during COVID lockdown in 2020, and there's no travel getting approved. I asked the PM where the guy is located and he tells me Ft Bragg.....Well Shit...So I get our Army team involved, they pull some travel budget out of their ass, and we bring my partner out to Ft Bragg to meet General Christopher Donahue, CG of the 82nd. You might know him as the last guy out of Afghanistan. The very first thing he said was "I need help finding drones". He was talking about this exact thing...relatively unsophisticated attacks with small munitions, or even advanced spotting. He wasn't worried about larger drones, like the TB2s or the Iranian drones, but the DJI stuff kept him up at night.  

Yeah, I see a lot of Army Futures Command. I've had lots of interesting conversations with higher ups like the future of tanks and drone attacks. What's funny is I don't know rankings so I have almost no clue is someone tells me they are command sergeant major.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've told this story somewhere on here before...maybe earlier in this thread.

My company launched a streaming analytics platform a couple years ago. One of my customers was a launch partner for our solution, and some of their early solution use cases were predictive maintenance analytics and computer vision analytics. My main contact even filmed a launch video and webinar with our program managers. Anyway, about 4 days after we launched, I get a call from the program manager that "Some Army dude" watched our webinar and is interested in what my partner does, and requested an in-person deep dive. Keep in mind, this is during COVID lockdown in 2020, and there's no travel getting approved. I asked the PM where the guy is located and he tells me Ft Bragg.....Well Shit...So I get our Army team involved, they pull some travel budget out of their ass, and we bring my partner out to Ft Bragg to meet General Christopher Donahue, CG of the 82nd. You might know him as the last guy out of Afghanistan. The very first thing he said was "I need help finding drones". He was talking about this exact thing...relatively unsophisticated attacks with small munitions, or even advanced spotting. He wasn't worried about larger drones, like the TB2s or the Iranian drones, but the DJI stuff kept him up at night.  

And?  Did you help him find drones?

• Haha 2

The US government bought and shipped many/most of the StarLink terminals to Ukraine (Musk was taking credit for them), and I feel like the US government (and others) were footing the bill already for those terminals as a result.  I don't see Musk allowing them to rake up tens of millions of dollars in outstanding bills.

Edit:

Though Musk has received widespread acclaim and thanks for responding to requests for Starlink service to Ukraine right as the war was starting, in reality, the vast majority of the 20,000 terminals have received full or partial funding from outside sources, including the US government, the UK and Poland, according to the SpaceX letter to the Pentagon.

SpaceX’s request that the US military foot the bill has rankled top brass at the Pentagon, with one senior defense official telling CNN that SpaceX has “the gall to look like heroes” while having others pay so much and now presenting them with a bill for tens of millions per month. 

According to the SpaceX figures shared with the Pentagon, about 85% of the 20,000 terminals in Ukraine were paid – or partially paid – for by countries like the US and Poland or other entities. Those entities also paid for about 30% of the internet connectivity, which SpaceX says costs $4,500 each month per unit for the most advanced service. (Over the weekend, Musk tweeted there are around 25,000 terminals in Ukraine.)

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Rage+1 8

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

The US government bought and shipped many/most of the StarLink terminals to Ukraine (Musk was taking credit for them), and I feel like the US government was footing the bill already for those terminals as a result.

Yep. We paid him for them. A 3rd party contractor shipped them. They are ours. And if he in breach of contract well fuck him. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yep. We paid him for them. A 3rd party contractor shipped them. They are ours. And if he in breach of contract well fuck him. 

The article goes into detail about the fact that SpaceX didn't pay for most of them, and it's fuzzy about the monthly service fees - no way SpaceX/Musk is allowing those bills to run up into the tens of millions or hundreds of millions without having said something before now.

Whole thing seems odd on SpaceX's part.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

He wasn't worried about larger drones, like the TB2s or the Iranian drones, but the DJI stuff kept him up at night.  

Like the stuff below (an off-the-shelf DJI unit).  I've talked to a friend (who was a mortarman) about some of this stuff, and sent him the stuff about the fighting in Myanmar (from the top of this page), and he said if you took your smaller mortar rounds, and  just focused on dropping the actual fuse/warhead assembly with a 3D-printed plastic tail assembly (not the tail fin assembly that comes with it), you can probably get the weight down to around 2lbs on the 60mm stuff.  People don't realize how light those rounds relatively are when they are ready to be fired out of a tube, and how much the tail assembly probably weighs.

Edit: for reference, the grenade below is below 1.5 lbs.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would laugh that they don’t know where anything is in their mafia-ruled country, and don’t realize so much is missing because Putin and his buddies were robbing the state coffers, but it also means they are gloating about fucking with civiiians,

Fe-Fr2AWYAAjKhj?format=jpg&name=900x900

Where's Waldo?

lol, they sold all their ammo to Academy and it is in the closets of people all across the U.S. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’m surprised the Russian government is allowing the bodies to come home.  Second round of mobilization will be an even harder sale to make.

I mean what they gonna do, leave them there? They need young men and probably somewhat content to have them back vs body bags.

since this is Russia, not really sure what I wrote above applies, ignore 

• Haha 2

Putin pissing away Russian influence.

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

They started coming back online yesterday.  Curious timing that Musk is asking for more money, etc.

https://www.reuters.com/world/starlink-helped-restore-energy-communications-infrastructure-parts-ukraine-2022-10-12/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Putin pissing away Russian influence.

They started coming back online yesterday.  Curious timing that Musk is asking for more money, etc.

https://www.reuters.com/world/starlink-helped-restore-energy-communications-infrastructure-parts-ukraine-2022-10-12/

Someone called someone who called someone who sent a suburban full of dudes in suits and at the same time called a contracting officer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russia doing the bluff thing

Seems like every October they run this exercise. But nice way to hide intentions. Like OU's acting like they were going to pass from the wishbone on 4th down. 

What Time is it? OU and Russia Suck. 

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

We know Ukraine isn't going to invade, which. makes me wonder if they are doing this in case of the need to try and mobilize some Belorussians to help Russia fight in Ukraine.Would be nice if the citizens of Belarus decided they were done with the current regime.

Give them visas and their girlfriends a year contract on onlyfans. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1