Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

1500 is more than enough to be a speed bump— the Russians there are like the NATO battalions in the Baltics. Just enough to make the opponent know they can’t move without triggering a wider war. Russia would also be able to count on the support of the ersatz Transnistrian security services and forces, just as it did with the LNR/DNR. And Moldova can’t move on Russia with the backing of NATO, it’s not a member. It would be a tiny, poor nation picking a fight with the bear. They might be able to force out the 1500 but they wouldn’t withstand the consequences. 

I don’t like the term “frozen conflict” for Transnistria, Abkhazia, or South Ossetia. “Manipulated conflicts” is better. Russia and Russia alone decides the intensity and prevents their resolution. 

But there's a point at which Moldova decides that Russia is too weak to make them find out if they fuck around with those 1,500 Russia troops, isn't there?  I mean, I'm not sure we're there yet.  Russia still has the ability to launch long-range cruise missiles in a retaliatory strike against Chisinau, which they would almost certainly do.  And right now, I don't think the Moldovans think that juice is worth the squeeze--Transdnistria isn't really a threat; it's barely even an annoyance.

But at some point, Russia is going to have exhausted its capacity to strike at Moldova (both because it's not going to have any strike capability and because Ukraine will have sufficient air-defense mechanisms in place to protect Moldova from any Russian strike transiting Ukrainian airspace).  And at that point, we might see Moldova move, particularly in conjunction with Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

30 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

But there's a point at which Moldova decides that Russia is too weak to make them find out if they fuck around with those 1,500 Russia troops, isn't there?  I mean, I'm not sure we're there yet.  Russia still has the ability to launch long-range cruise missiles in a retaliatory strike against Chisinau, which they would almost certainly do.  And right now, I don't think the Moldovans think that juice is worth the squeeze--Transdnistria isn't really a threat; it's barely even an annoyance.

But at some point, Russia is going to have exhausted its capacity to strike at Moldova (both because it's not going to have any strike capability and because Ukraine will have sufficient air-defense mechanisms in place to protect Moldova from any Russian strike transiting Ukrainian airspace).  And at that point, we might see Moldova move, particularly in conjunction with Ukraine.

Moldova doesn’t have an Air Force beyond a few helicopters and transport aircraft. And Ukraine even now doesn’t have the capacity to close its airspace. Russia can dump dumb bombs on Moldova all day long. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s Olga Skabayeba on state TV. Kadyrov’s style has always been to say crazy shit on tv. I’d just view this as the Kremlin reminding everyone that Putin’s mad Chechen dog is still all in. He has to do it every now and again. 

Putin and Kadyrov are locked in to each other. Putin can’t control Chechnya without him and Kadyrov can’t fend off the rival clans or stop Islamism from abroad without the Russian state. 

if it would cause instability in Russia if he was dead, then why is he still alive? We need to try a little harder. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

if it would cause instability in Russia if he was dead, then why is he still alive? We need to try a little harder. 

This.  There need to be some real-deal dedicated efforts to infiltrate Russia/behind the lines, and assassinate some of these key figures.  Shit, Putin takes his armored train everywhere.  Cool.  Blow the bridge right as he's passing over.

Oh, and I'm serious -- the families of Russian leaders/oligarchs worldwide are fair game.  Ukrainian operatives should be snatching them off the streets of London, Paris, Milan, wherever.....then either holding them hostage, or murdering them slowly on videos released to the Russian leadership day by day by day.  You support this war so much?  Cool.  Watch your son die, slowly, for thirty days.  Want to end his pain?  End the war.  They have chosen this path.  Make them commit to walking it.  The reaper of war comes for all who thirst for it.  Provide that reaper some directions and support.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  There need to be some real-deal dedicated efforts to infiltrate Russia/behind the lines, and assassinate some of these key figures.  Shit, Putin takes his armored train everywhere.  Cool.  Blow the bridge right as he's passing over.

Oh, and I'm serious -- the families of Russian leaders/oligarchs worldwide are fair game.  Ukrainian operatives should be snatching them off the streets of London, Paris, Milan, wherever.....then either holding them hostage, or murdering them slowly on videos released to the Russian leadership day by day by day.  You support this war so much?  Cool.  Watch your son die, slowly, for thirty days.  Want to end his pain?  End the war.  They have chosen this path.  Make them commit to walking it.  The reaper of war comes for all who thirst for it.  Provide that reaper some directions and support.

Not sure I support the slow execution, but the snatching and imprisonment? Absolutely 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Not sure I support the slow execution, but the snatching and imprisonment? Absolutely 

Nope.  Do it all.  Slowly peel them alive.  Keep them alive with medical measures, letting them feel every measure of pain.  Record it all.  Send it all to the Russian leadership who support the rape and murder of a nation.

Russian leadership, like Solovyov, openly supports rape and murder of Ukrainians.  What you support and wish for should be visited upon you.  Solovyov wants excruciating suffering and death.  I say we give it to him, via emailed high-res videos of his son's long, excruciating last moments.  Hey Vlad, imagine he's a Ukrainian, and you'll smile!

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.  Do it all.  Slowly peel them alive.  Keep them alive with medical measures, letting them feel every measure of pain.  Record it all.  Send it all to the Russian leadership who support the rape and murder of a nation.

Russian leadership, like Solovyov, openly supports rape and murder of Ukrainians.  What you support and wish for should be visited upon you.  Solovyov wants excruciating suffering and death.  I say we give it to him, via emailed high-res videos of his son's long, excruciating last moments.  Hey Vlad, imagine he's a Ukrainian, and you'll smile!

Let's agree to disagree with this one, but we do need to stop pussyfooting around and give Ukraine long range weapons. 

I don't believe Russia will use a nuke and missiles dropping on Russia will change the narrative and possibly force a regime change.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don’t know. The Germans tried this, with Stalin’s captured son. Stalin replied that he didn’t have a son (referring to the captured one, not the other). 

Projecting your human emotions onto them may not work. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Let's agree to disagree with this one, but we do need to stop pussyfooting around and give Ukraine long range weapons. 

I don't believe Russia will use a nuke and missiles dropping on Russia will change the narrative and possibly force a regime change.

I say put everything but nukes in play.

Russia is in a war with the west, they've told us so.  It is a war of extermination (that's how they are waging it).  They take joy in pain and suffering.  It should be visited on them -- all of them.  And everywhere.  Missiles should be raining down on Moscow.  Bridges should be blown on every road and railway between Ukraine and anywhere in Russia.  Oligarch's apartments should blow up with them inside them.  ALL OF IT.

1 minute ago, statsman said:

I don’t know. The Germans tried this, with Stalin’s captured son. Stalin replied that he didn’t have a son (referring to the captured one, not the other). 

Cool.  Then do it with another.  And another.  And another.  And another.

Wives.  Children.  All of them, fair game.  It's total war of extermination against Ukraine, Ukraine should fight back symmetrically.

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Brisket left out the throwing of salt on the partially skinned.   But I’d guess he would use Fleur de Sel. 

I have multiple types of salt in the household....I haven't yet given much thought to which would be best suited for enhancing human suffering.

Let me ponder that a bit.  I'm thinking a coarser grain, that will burn into the exposed flesh over a longer time.

5 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yeah, doesn't really sound like something Eisenhower would do. And he managed to take a winning coalition to the goal line all while upholding the western values of civility (mostly), which put us on solid footing to make those people who HAD been doing the exterminating, a better people and eventually, our allies.

Sounds like a better path.  Let's not become all the things we hate about our adversary.  

Counterpoint:

676240-H.-L.-Mencken-quote.jpg

Russia will only understand, and accept its fate, when it has been visited with unspeakable pain and ruin, and total collapse.

Germany was bombed into rubble.

Japanese cities were burned to the ground, some of them in nuclear fire.

Just informing you that 1) maniacal imperialist states don't "come to Jesus" without a CRAPLOAD of pain being visited upon them, and 2) modern Russia is just such a state.  I'm just telling you what it's going to take to avoid having a major land war with Russia every few years/decades.  I don't like that it's true.  I wish Russia would simply decide "hey, maybe we can be a functioning state, and not a giant piece of dick!", but that's not gonna happen.

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I have multiple types of salt in the household....I haven't yet given much thought to which would be best suited for enhancing human suffering.

Let me ponder that a bit.  I'm thinking a coarser grain, that will burn into the exposed flesh over a longer time..

Or…….and give me some rope here…..we can get a 24/7 loop of video and audio of this 

277BF854-5D4C-4A3C-9B6A-0B2D6B287BF9.gif.fc6ef3061f2df7b9da819c655289a64a.gif

and make them watch it

0F7F1B2B-271B-4E28-846D-A0C9F5D2218E.gif.fb31ea9b80b338f1d75d6be8e0aa7447.gif

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Let me ponder that a bit.  I'm thinking a coarser grain, that will burn into the exposed flesh over a longer time.

Chili-lime salt my man. 

Good for cheering with a michelada or margarita after. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Make them watch it?  They ARE it.  Russia is the most aggy country on the planet.

I’ll give you the architecture . And the delusions of grandeur.    And the racism.   And the sexism.   And the paranoia.   And the inability to accept reality.  And the blaming their shortfalls on others when it is clearly their own failings.  And,…

Dammit! 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, MillerEP said:

18 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

It turns out they should have given the “don’t bunch up in the open” speech so close to the front line.

18 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

image.gif.452ef12fb4f9401ed7c269f2a0494633.gif

18 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Manjar GIFs | Tenor

18 hours ago, Parliament said:

Did anyone die?

17 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

The Amazing Race Smile GIF by CBSUkrainians after the strike 

17 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

image.gif.6639fbc34d66c254c88e711112f1a4ad.gif

17 hours ago, Booper said:

280681A6-8C2B-4C8E-99D8-5B0239EE6F44.gif

Damnit. This must've been a hell of a video. Anybody able to find it elsewhere? Or at least tell me what kind of awesomeness I missed?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fo8R3FkWIAAn2Dr?format=jpg&name=large

Fo8R3FjWAAAiNf6?format=jpg&name=large

Fo8R3FpXwAAyDKp?format=jpg&name=large

Fo8R3FnXsAE6Xb4?format=jpg&name=large

Eh, this shit is pretty mild, even back when I was there a lot in the early 2000s and the West was “in,” you had Valentine’s Day backlash. People get cranky over imported holidays. 

In Uzbekistan they used to make Valentine’s against the rules at colleges and schools and instead you had to celebrate “Babur’s (the Timurid founder of the Mughal Empire) Birthday.” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

I am well aware of how Berlin and Japan ended up as well as the road that had to be travelled to get there.  You needn't see it as your duty to "inform" me.   We all know how you feel about Russia as well, and I share many of the same sentiments.  The war needs to be brought home to the average Russian before we will see major attitude adjustments.  We disagree about how that is accomplished.  

It shouldn't be a big disagreement that I'm saying we didn't have to skin anyone alive and salt their wounds to win WWII.  Because we didn't.   We don't need to now.  And the rhetoric of dehumanization is not the the language of winners.  It's ultimately self-defeating.  

silence of the lambs GIF

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Damnit. This must've been a hell of a video. Anybody able to find it elsewhere? Or at least tell me what kind of awesomeness I missed?

I tried to find it again. It was a video of a group of 20-30 russians milling about in a tight group roughly in a circle and a big bomb is dropped basically right in the middle of them all. Doubt there was many survivors.

• Hook 'Em 3

I can’t cut n paste my new AvWeek’s articles on the war, but here is the summary on Russian cruise missiles:

1. Their best is the KH101. Going from serial numbers, they are going from the assembly line to the battlefield. This is why Russia is firing them less often; they have no reserves. 
2. They fire a lot of KH55 with dummy warheads. The KH55 is designed to be a nuclear cruise missile and it is too inaccurate to use with a conventional warhead. It can, however, attract Ukrainian air defenses. They have just introduced a KH555, which is a KH55 with a KH101 guidance system and a conventional warhead. 

In short, they don’t have a lot of cruise missiles. 

Now, my question- the WSJ says that Russia has started its big offensive-

“Russia has brought thousands of fresh troopsto Ukraine in recent weeks, though Kyiv has claimed to have repelled advances on multiple axes. But the manpower difference has gradually swung in Russia’s favor since it announced a mobilization in September, and it has allowed it to carve out small gains and place Ukraine in a precarious position in Bakhmut.

The U.K. said Russian forces were being given orders to advance along most axes but were failing to amass sufficient combat power to achieve decisive results anywhere along the front line.”

This feels like a tipping point. If Ukraine can apply enough pressure (new trained troops, Bradley’s, and anything else we can give them), they could really make hay (and Ukrainians really know how to make hay). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1