Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

13 hours ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, but the new info is Ukraine's claim that there were 200 casualties. That's double the number from that group waiting for 2 hours for a generals speech. 

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

In Russia, a #Wagner PMC mercenary who returned from the war killed 6 people.

The incident took place in the village of Derevyanoe in the Republic of Karelia. Together with an accomplice, 37-year-old criminal Igor Sofonov first broke into one house and killed all its residents. And then he repeated the same in a neighboring house. The houses were burned to hide the traces of the crime.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

In Russia, a #Wagner PMC mercenary who returned from the war killed 6 people.

The incident took place in the village of Derevyanoe in the Republic of Karelia. Together with an accomplice, 37-year-old criminal Igor Sofonov first broke into one house and killed all its residents. And then he repeated the same in a neighboring house. The houses were burned to hide the traces of the crime.

Allegedly.

He's just lucky this didn't happen in Austin.

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

That map showing Russian fortifications behind the front lines is a bit demoralizing.  Makes me think a full liberation is not possible absent significantly more intervention with an emphasis on superior air power.

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, troph said:

That map showing Russian fortifications behind the front lines is a bit demoralizing.  Makes me think a full liberation is not possible absent significantly more intervention with an emphasis on superior air power.

Russia is like the computer playing EU4

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, troph said:

Things are going to go slow until they go fast. 

Russia broadening the conscription age range quite a bit is very telling.  They can't go lower than 18, and the higher they go, the more problems they'll have internally.

59 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

Russian warplanes bumping, damaging, and crashing US drones.  Belarussian helicopters flying into Polish airspace.  Russian attack drones landing in Romania.  It is beyond time that we  (NATO) issued a red line of our own, and one that we damn sure better follow up on.

There was an American P-8, a NATO E-3 (they didn't say who, but I'm guessing British, otherwise if it was American they would have said so)and a few other aircraft shadowing the Israeli, Greek, and Turkish ships that ran the Russian blockade, and those ships all had their transponders on, and some of the aircraft did.  Sure, the Israeli and Greek ships somewhat hugged the coasts/were in the territorial waters of NATO countries at times, but the Turkish ship straight-up sailed across the Black Sea from Northern Turkey.

Russians didn't fuck around with those ships.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They can't go lower than 18, and the higher they go, the more problems they'll have internally.

This plus the rapidly slowing birthrate in Russia and they're going to run out of working age males very quickly.  No matter the outcome of this war, Russia is fucked in the long run.  They'll have to follow the lead of middle east countries in importing men from poor countries to run their factories and do all the construction.

• Hook 'Em 1

Source: https://www-digi24-ro.translate.goog/stiri/actualitate/mapn-neaga-ca-o-drona-ruseasca-ar-fi-cazut-in-tulcea-dupa-atacul-asupra-portului-izmail-2451591?__grsc=cookieIsUndef1&__grts=56369239&__grua=11cc3ac1615469c53afc4ceb749e8ed7&__grrn=1&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp 

Tudor Cernega, the mayor of the Ceatalchioi commune, in Tulcea, told Digi24 the terrifying moments that the locals went through on Wednesday morning, after the drone attack on the port of Izmail. He said people have reported drones passing over their homes and one falling in the woods. "The locals confirm several times that the drones passed in a straight line over the houses in Ceatalchioi. The fear is very great. No crashed drone was found. There is the testimony of some locals, sailors, that a drone had fallen in the forest It was searched, but nothing was found. There's no way in that forest thicket," said the mayor

• Hook 'Em 2

🙄

Germany refuses to supply Ukraine with long-range missiles Taurus "We still believe that this is not our top priority right now. We are not the only ones who do not deliver. Our American allies are not supplying these cruise missiles either. Our missiles have a special range," said German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

Best I can do is F16.

taking so long, it's if not when. feels like it anyway. put me in the camp I get geopolitics and proxy wars, nato expansion, exposure of Russian military "might" and sinking the Russian military (but for nukes) for 20+ years. That's all good. But put me in the camp of "enough already" liberate Ukraine so they can get back to living.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, morehornsepower said:

Russian warplanes bumping, damaging, and crashing US drones.  Belarussian helicopters flying into Polish airspace.  Russian attack drones landing in Romania.  It is beyond time that we  (NATO) issued a red line of our own, and one that we damn sure better follow up on.

They are probing for an excuse to use nukes. 

That's the only motivation I can think of.

17 minutes ago, troph said:

taking so long, it's if not when. feels like it anyway. put me in the camp I get geopolitics and proxy wars, nato expansion, exposure of Russian military "might" and sinking the Russian military (but for nukes) for 20+ years. That's all good. But put me in the camp of "enough already" liberate Ukraine so they can get back to living.

I think they will get there eventually but this isn't something that happens fast. Just training pilots takes a long time and that's ignoring all the logistics around mechanics etc.  Look at the Abrams for example. They're there but still not on the battlefield. We sat on our asses for way too long and should have moved more quickly but we didn't and this is the result 

• Hook 'Em 5

23 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

🙄

Germany refuses to supply Ukraine with long-range missiles Taurus "We still believe that this is not our top priority right now. We are not the only ones who do not deliver. Our American allies are not supplying these cruise missiles either. Our missiles have a special range," said German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius.

I feel like we do the same fucking song and dance with every system

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

54 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Source: https://www-digi24-ro.translate.goog/stiri/actualitate/mapn-neaga-ca-o-drona-ruseasca-ar-fi-cazut-in-tulcea-dupa-atacul-asupra-portului-izmail-2451591?__grsc=cookieIsUndef1&__grts=56369239&__grua=11cc3ac1615469c53afc4ceb749e8ed7&__grrn=1&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp 

Tudor Cernega, the mayor of the Ceatalchioi commune, in Tulcea, told Digi24 the terrifying moments that the locals went through on Wednesday morning, after the drone attack on the port of Izmail. He said people have reported drones passing over their homes and one falling in the woods. "The locals confirm several times that the drones passed in a straight line over the houses in Ceatalchioi. The fear is very great. No crashed drone was found. There is the testimony of some locals, sailors, that a drone had fallen in the forest It was searched, but nothing was found. There's no way in that forest thicket," said the mayor

Seems like these sort of flight paths would justify NATO air defenses engaging targets. I think you could station assets along the border and safely intercept targets that appear to encroach the border without risking escalation. 

• Hook 'Em 5

34 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Seems like these sort of flight paths would justify NATO air defenses engaging targets. I think you could station assets along the border and safely intercept targets that appear to encroach the border without risking escalation. 

I'm guessing the air defense in that area is going to be boosted.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, The Dog said:

A bigger deal if they're able to quickly penetrate Russia's lines of defense. The fact that Russia built out these layered trench lines and minefields means they can have their troops fall back to another defensive line if one falls before the Ukrainians can really exploit it.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

A bigger deal if they're able to quickly penetrate Russia's lines of defense. The fact that Russia built out these layered trench lines and minefields means they can have their troops fall back to another defensive line if one falls before the Ukrainians can really exploit it.

I don't think that post is implying that they'd jump behind the front lines and go take those defensive position while the front is still active. If the russians are falling back, it's because they are taking enough losses and getting their ass kicked enough to make them go backwards. So in theory, each time they fall back, there are fewer and fewer of them to man the next defensive position.

• Hook 'Em 6

Ukraine has started negotiations with the 🇺🇸USA regarding a bilateral agreement on the provision of security guarantees, Yermak, head of the office of the President of Ukraine.

These security guarantees will strengthen Ukraine's progress towards future membership in the Euro-Atlantic community, including the EU and NATO, which is the ultimate goal and the most reliable security guarantee.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1