Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

SIAP

Edit. at 29 min mark

This might be the real consensus of the Swedish military, or it might be part of a larger PR campaign to get the west (us) to comprehend the seriousness of the Russian threat, and that Ukraine is not the endgame.

Obviously it could be both.

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

SIAP

This might be the real consensus of the Swedish military, or it might be part of a larger PR campaign to get the west (us) to comprehend the seriousness of the Russian threat, and that Ukraine is not the endgame.

Obviously it could be both.

I think it's part of both and likely tied to an enormous training exercise that NATO+Sweden will be conducting next week.

NATO admiral warns of potential all-out war with Russia

Top NATO official Adm. Rob Bauer [Dutch 4-star admiral in the Royal Netherlands Navy] warned Thursday that a larger war with Russia and other adversaries is a real threat amid the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.

Bauer, chair of the Western security alliance’s Military Committee, said “not everything is going to be hunky dory in the next 20 years.”

“I’m not saying it is going wrong tomorrow, but we have to realize it’s not a given that we are in peace,” he said at a press conference in Brussels. “That’s why we have the plans, that’s why we are preparing for conflict with Russia and the terror groups if it comes to it.”

Bauer emphasized the security alliance is defensive and does not seek conflict or a wider war.

“But if they attack us, we have to be ready,” he added.

Bauer gave the dire warning as NATO announced large-scale exercises next week involving all 31 alliance members, as well as candidate nation Sweden.

The military drills, which run until May and are the largest since the end of the Cold War, will involve 90,000 troops and numerous vehicles, aircraft and ships spread across Europe.

When announcing the drills, NATO leaders emphasized this week that it was vital to prepare for conflict and maintain readiness, even as the alliance remains defensive by nature.

The U.S. is aiding two wars in Israel and Ukraine in one of the most volatile global security challenges it has faced in years.

Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine has sparked concerns that a Russian victory could pave the way for subsequent attack on NATO countries, while the Biden administration is fending off attacks from Iranian-backed groups across the Middle East as Washington seeks to contain a wider regional war from spilling out.

Bauer said the Western world needs to prepare for a potential larger war, saying such an effort would involve a “whole of society” approach if the war ever came.

“You have to think about this,” he said. “We’re not seeking war as NATO, but we have to be ready for war. That is our job.”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Assholes.

Russia's RZhD rail giant has apologised to the owners of a cat who died after being thrown off a company train by a conductor in freezing temperatures.

"We sincerely regret that the cat Twix died", the state-owned RZhD said, vowing to change its regulations.

Footage earlier emerged apparently showing the ginger-and-white cat being unceremoniously dumped into the snow in the central Kirov city on 11 January.

The train conductor is reported to have mistaken the male cat for a stray.

This happened after the feline escaped from its travel crate, and was spotted by passengers walking along a carriage.

When the episode came to light, hundreds of volunteers started searching the railway station area in Kirov.

The cat was eventually found dead on Saturday, and later identified by its owners.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68043891

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I think it's part of both and likely tied to an enormous training exercise that NATO+Sweden will be conducting next week.

NATO admiral warns of potential all-out war with Russia

Top NATO official Adm. Rob Bauer [Dutch 4-star admiral in the Royal Netherlands Navy] warned Thursday that a larger war with Russia and other adversaries is a real threat amid the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.

Bauer, chair of the Western security alliance’s Military Committee, said “not everything is going to be hunky dory in the next 20 years.”

“I’m not saying it is going wrong tomorrow, but we have to realize it’s not a given that we are in peace,” he said at a press conference in Brussels. “That’s why we have the plans, that’s why we are preparing for conflict with Russia and the terror groups if it comes to it.”

Bauer emphasized the security alliance is defensive and does not seek conflict or a wider war.

“But if they attack us, we have to be ready,” he added.

Bauer gave the dire warning as NATO announced large-scale exercises next week involving all 31 alliance members, as well as candidate nation Sweden.

The military drills, which run until May and are the largest since the end of the Cold War, will involve 90,000 troops and numerous vehicles, aircraft and ships spread across Europe.

When announcing the drills, NATO leaders emphasized this week that it was vital to prepare for conflict and maintain readiness, even as the alliance remains defensive by nature.

The U.S. is aiding two wars in Israel and Ukraine in one of the most volatile global security challenges it has faced in years.

Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine has sparked concerns that a Russian victory could pave the way for subsequent attack on NATO countries, while the Biden administration is fending off attacks from Iranian-backed groups across the Middle East as Washington seeks to contain a wider regional war from spilling out.

Bauer said the Western world needs to prepare for a potential larger war, saying such an effort would involve a “whole of society” approach if the war ever came.

“You have to think about this,” he said. “We’re not seeking war as NATO, but we have to be ready for war. That is our job.”

Steadfast Defender is huge and it’s going on at the same time as Russian presidential elections. It’s going to be a huge target of disinformation and framing as NATO being aggressive to Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

D in 1974, the F-16 (unintentionally) flew for the first time. During the first high-speed taxi test, a lateral oscillation developed as the jet reached rotation speed. The pilot chose to take off to prevent plowing through the desert and safely landed after a 6-minute flight.

Fucker couldn't wait to go kill Russians.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Are these some kinda magic miniature stealth drones? Or us Russia THIS incompetent?

Speculation is that they are taking air defenses from within Russia to deploy to Ukraine to make up for the destroyed systems.

And it’s a sign that Russia still doesn’t have air superiority nearly two years in.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

When I was twelve, I helped my dad build a bomb shelter in our basement because some damn fool parked a dozen warheads ninety miles off the coast of Florida.  This thing could launch a couple thousand drones off Washington or New York and nobody would know anything until it was all over.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

When I was twelve, I helped my dad build a bomb shelter in our basement because some damn fool parked a dozen warheads ninety miles off the coast of Florida.  This thing could launch a couple thousand drones off Washington or New York and nobody would know anything until it was all over.

Commander Skip Tyler (Ret)... too bad about that damn drunk driver taking his leg

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

What a way to go. At least use your AK (if you have one) and try and shoot it down.

He would have been better off trying to surrender.  It seems to me they gave him a chance and he decided to play ring around the rosie.   

Personally I think the current issue with the Russian military is that they are not doing what won them the Great Patriotic War.  They need to stop coddling their troops and equip them like they did in the 1940s (without others help this time).   They haven't won a war since the AK became their main infantry weapon.   Go back to bolt action rifles and get the job done Russia.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hitting those oil and gas terminals and plants, that’s the level of stuff NATO would do in a war with Russia. That’s some strategery right there. That’s hitting them economically, hurting their logistics chains, and potentially making it hard on the civilians as well (heating, electricity).

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hitting those oil and gas terminals and plants, that’s the level of stuff NATO would do in a war with Russia. That’s some strategery right there. That’s hitting them economically, hurting their logistics chains, and potentially making it hard on the civilians as well (heating, electricity).

I have wondered since things stabilized after the initial invasion in 2022 why Ukraine didn't try more Franchione-like counter-subconscious subterfuge and infiltrate special forces troops into the general Moscow and St. Petersburg areas to blow up shit like this.  We like to think that a lot of the things that have gone boom in Russia since February 2022 have been hit and run attacks like this but I'd think they could really stir up some shit.   

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I have wondered since things stabilized after the initial invasion in 2022 why Ukraine didn't try more Franchione-like counter-subconscious subterfuge and infiltrate special forces troops into the general Moscow and St. Petersburg areas to blow up shit like this.  We like to think that a lot of the things that have gone boom in Russia since February 2022 have been hit and run attacks like this but I'd think they could really stir up some shit.   

These have to be some spiffy new drones with a lot of stealth or advanced guidance (low flying) and a long range.  This is pretty interesting, because it shows a lack of Russian air superiority over Russian airspace, which makes you wonder just how many S-300/400 systems the Ukrainians have wrecked in Ukraine. 

It also means in theory that if Ukraine does this enough, either the Russians have to move air defense out of Ukraine and into Russia proper, or the Ukrainians will be tracking all of this and figure out a path to hitting something even bigger. 

And it’s just 8 or so weeks before the elections. On the one hand, it backs up Putin saying Ukraine is a threat.  On the other, Russian state media is constantly touting the superiority of the Russia military and that Ukraine is hurting.  And if they are hitting St. Petersburg, mentally that will fuck with them just as Putin maybe making a broader conscription effort in the larger cities.  Putin is portraying himself as the savior of Russia, but he can’t stop drone attacks deep inside Russia, and imagine if it knocks out gas supplies for a lot of Russians in the dead of winter.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

So a Kremlin attack on "election" day or something.

Probably the day before so they can get a full news cycle out of it, and the state media can spend hours in the evening before Election Day talking about it.

Doesn’t matter, votes have been counted.

They should keep hitting Russian oil and gas infrastructure.  The Russians don’t have easy access to Western replacement parts.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1