Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

My dad had top secret clearance and he was very entertaining at dinner.  not boring at all.  my neighbors loved it.  this one guy we met at the grocery store, dmitri something, really loved it and would ask if he could join us for dinner all the time.  dad had him rolling just telling stories about work and what not.  dmitri couldn't get enough! 

We used to be friends with a guy named Tom Lee a private equity investor who owned the Enquirer and the Sun and who the Clintons stayed with in the Hamptons when the Monica stuff was going on. He had some pretty good stories.

15 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If you want some really light bedtime reading it’s fun to dig into the ways countries with less robust nuclear deterrents seek to ensure they retain uncertainty and a reliable second strike capability. (Briefly: There’s a good argument to be less persnickety with launch authority). 

Google "Letters of Last Resort."  It's a very British way of dealing with this issue.

• Hook 'Em 2

Macron took another swipe at Scholz during his visit to Czechia today: "We are undoubtedly approaching a moment for Europe when it is necessary not to be cowards. [...] War has returned to our lands”

That is hilarious.

16 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Tell that to the French who fiercely protected the English evacuation of Dunkirk.

Still don't know about Macron calling Schultz a pussy.

But, if only the Germans would have attacked through the Maginot Line.

And as WC once said, "Wars are not won by evacuations".

Edited by Bevo

36 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Still don't know about Macron calling Schultz a pussy.

But, if only the Germans would have attacked through the Maginot Line.

And as WC once said, "Wars are not won by evacuations".

That war was salvaged by that evacuation, not won by it.  Had the Germans massacred the British Army at Dunkirk, like they could have, It may have taken the USA years to get enough kit across the Atlantic to turn the tide of war.  Thing could have gone on into the 50's....easily  

...Or we would have used nuclear weapons in Europe...

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

That war was salvaged by that evacuation, not won by it.  Had the Germans massacred the British Army at Dunkirk, like they could have, It may have taken the USA years to get enough kit across the Atlantic to turn the tide of war.  Thing could have gone on into the 50's....easily  

...Or we would have used nuclear weapons in Europe...

Oh and WC is Winston Churchill who as a warning said to the House of Commons following Dunkirk, “We must be very careful not to assign to this deliverance the attributes of a victory. Wars are not won by evacuations". He was seeking to check the mood of national euphoria and relief at the unexpected deliverance, and to make a clear appeal to the United States. 338,000 soldiers were saved including 26,000 French soldiers when only 45,000 were expected to be evacuated.

• Like 1

Just now, bolverk said:

Keep talking shit about America's first and longest ally, without whom the United States wouldn't exist. Yes, they can be prickly at times, but we've never warred with them. You talk as though the defeat in a war in which many other countries fell to Germany before France, e.g., Austria, Poland, Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, and Belgium, equates to cowardness as a national characteristic.

If not for France's sacrifice at Dunkirk and the Channel, the UK most assuredly would've also fallen in the early stages of that war. Who the fuck knows what the world would look like if the English couldn't have run away to fight another day?

Personally, I know far more French than English, and they've been truly great, reliable, loyal, fun-loving, but also provocative friends. Je les aime, les français. Ils définissent une irritabilité adorable mais profonde. If you don't know any, your life is all the much poorer. Go find a French to love.

oh-no-anyway.gif.9589444471740eef33c2e97e576de4d1.gif

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Keep talking shit about America's first and longest ally, without whom the United States wouldn't exist. Yes, they can be prickly at times, but we've never warred with them. You talk as though the defeat in a war in which many other countries fell to Germany before France, e.g., Austria, Poland, Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, and Belgium, equates to cowardness as a national characteristic.

If not for France's sacrifice at Dunkirk and the Channel, the UK most assuredly would've also fallen in the early stages of that war. Who the fuck knows what the world would look like if the English couldn't have run away to fight another day?

Personally, I know far more French than English, and they've been truly great, reliable, loyal, fun-loving, but also provocative friends. Je les aime, les français. Ils définissent une irritabilité adorable mais profonde. If you don't know any, your life is all the much poorer. Go find a French to love.

Plus....and this cannot be stated strongly enough.....french women are dead-sexy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I'm not equating the two, but kinda funny after you hijacked the thread to go on a "France is full of cowards" rant, that this is your response when called out,

Read my first post. All I did was laugh at Micron with 3 words, "That is hilarious". And I wouldn't personally call a 3 word sentence a rant. K. Furthermore, I went to Hautes Études Commerciales so you trying to call me out on not understanding France is absurd. If you don't think it is funny that Micron basically called Schultz a pussy, I can understand. But, I can't understand you driveling on and on regarding basically a throw-away comment.

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Read my first post. All I did was laugh at Micron with 3 words, "That is hilarious". And I wouldn't personally call a 3 word sentence a rant. K. Furthermore, I went to Hautes Études Commerciales so you trying to call me out on not understanding France is absurd. If you don't think it is funny that Micron basically called Schultz a pussy, I can understand. But, I can't understand you driveling on and on regarding basically a throw-away comment.

ah yes, driveling on and on . . . with my one sentence joke. lmao

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I'm not interested in a thread about French women that doesn't include a picture of Shoshana.

image.thumb.png.12e72fcf45e4341981bbe0a05359fde4.png

I never made the connection, but she looks a lot like a girl named Véronique I dated when studying in France.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Dude, you besmirched the character of an entire nation with the implication that French = coward in three simpleton words. I only pushed back a little bit with a counterexample of French bravery in one comment about the French saving the Brits' asses, but you kept pushing.

Edited by bolverk

10 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Dude, you besmirched the character of an entire nation with the implication that French = coward in three simpleton words. I only pushed back a little bit with a counterexample of French bravery in one comment about the French saving the Brits' asses, but you kept pushing.

7Vun.gif.1e7bdc5b2f49ce578f4ab546cf0c130e.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Russia can move vessels up to about frigate size from Azov to the Baltic and Barents Seas via canal systems and the Volga. 

Until the Ukranians sink one in the Volga. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

28 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I never made the connection, but she looks a lot like a girl named Véronique I dated when studying in France.

It's like y'all are purposefully ignoring one of my current faves, the lovely French-Algerian Shirine Boutella....

6nfpxt014dvb1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

4765360MVB9Ra7.jpg

w1000-476536O7vEoSsM.jpg

She could bring about peace in this conflict.  Or....she could make the combatants fight even more viciously.  Such is the way of many women in history.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's like y'all are purposefully ignoring one of my current faves, the lovely French-Algerian Shirine Boutella....

4765360MVB9Ra7.jpg

w1000-476536O7vEoSsM.jpg

She could bring about peace in this conflict.  Or....she could make the combatants fight even more viciously.  Such is the way of many women in history.....

No more French distractions unless it’s this, people! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I'm not interested in a thread about French women that doesn't include a picture of Shoshana.

image.thumb.png.12e72fcf45e4341981bbe0a05359fde4.png

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

4765360MVB9Ra7.jpg

w1000-476536O7vEoSsM.jpg

I see your Shoshana and Shirine and raise you one Lea Seydoux.

8f0dac6ae6f5fe4491e9687509458ff7.jpg

1cb7def9e337b66cecabf55ecfb06a2e.jpg

Plus a million others that I can't post here. I'll merely add that they are real, and they are spectacular.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

4765360MVB9Ra7.jpg

w1000-476536O7vEoSsM.jpg

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6nfpxt014dvb1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=4d653612dc838314ca7bb632f42c69629fe4d861
4765360MVB9Ra7.jpg
w1000-476536O7vEoSsM.jpg

Looks like she could repair a 67 Camaro and out ski your ass maybe.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Why not?  Is it a bottleneck where the Ukrainians could take them out?

Turkey controls the straits and during wartime has closed them to warships from the parties unless they are returning to a home port. This is under Montreaux Convention. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Why not?  Is it a bottleneck where the Ukrainians could take them out?

Some deal with Turkey. Russia has to have permission from Erdogan to go through the Bosphorus and Dardenelles and he denied it at the war's outbreak, so Russia's Black Sea Fleet has essentially been trapped.

EDIT: Experts beat me to it.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Some deal with Turkey. Russia has to have permission from Erdogan to go through the Bosphorus and Dardenelles and he denied it at the war's outbreak, so Russia's Black Sea Fleet has essentially been trapped.

EDIT: Experts beat me to it.

Expert? Nah, just a dumbass history major who reads a lot of shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1