Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Crimean bridge is scheduled to be destroyed in the first half of 2024. Its destruction is inevitable - The Main Directorate of Intelligence of Ukraine official in an interview with The Guardian He added that the head of the department, Budanov, already has "most of the resources to complete this task."

image.gif

Edited by Chad Fuck
derp

I don't pretend to understand the internal workings of Russia. Putin's regime is already plenty cruel, but voices in the know are saying the mistreatment of the alleged concert hall terrorists points to the Kremlin getting even worse.

“We are seeing the possible beginning of the new Great Terror,” the group said, referring to the purges by Soviet dictator Josef Stalin of the 1930s. “There must be no illusions — the developments follow a very bad scenario and the slide is rapidly accelerating.”

https://apnews.com/article/russia-concert-hall-attack-moscow-putin-torture-a59085c6fe690ea55d43d132ea628eb2

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I don't pretend to understand the internal workings of Russia. Putin's regime is already plenty cruel, but voices in the know are saying the mistreatment of the alleged concert hall terrorists points to the Kremlin getting even worse.

“We are seeing the possible beginning of the new Great Terror,” the group said, referring to the purges by Soviet dictator Josef Stalin of the 1930s. “There must be no illusions — the developments follow a very bad scenario and the slide is rapidly accelerating.”

https://apnews.com/article/russia-concert-hall-attack-moscow-putin-torture-a59085c6fe690ea55d43d132ea628eb2

It’s truly a dystopian society.  Post fall of the wall and pre-Putin, they had a chance.  Now I fear only a revolution will flip the script.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Man I wish I could more directly help. So disgusting and embarrassing that our lack of support for them has directly led to the lack of air defense in Kharkiv. Pre-war population of 1.4M people, now without power indefinitely and getting double tapped BECAUSE US POLITICS ARE ENABLING A TERRORIST 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Sounds like Sladkov needs to work in some cardio.

It’d be better if he’d just drop dead. That fat ugly fuck waddling about and heavy breathing was hard to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

this is the kind of shit that's going to drive security services- like the secret service, absolutely bonkers.

I can easily envision someone doing this with an even lighter version, have it take off at one of the numerous municipal airports within 25 miles of DC, where they pre-scout a path they can program into the controls to allow the plane to not have to climb above 45/50 feet going around larger trees or buildings and then enter DC airspace proper going after .... one of the larger targets there.    

even with anti-air missiles, its gonna be tough as fuck for radar to see it,  911 is going to have a hard time giving the SecServ or Park Police any advance warning, and then the agents on the ground have to look at shooting down a large drone coming for them directly over highly traveled portions of the city.  where even if the damn thing is blown up in the air, it would cause a large enough explosion to damage all kinds of stuff near it... and if they just succeed in taking it down, when it hits the ground 200Lbs of HE leaves a pretty big fucking crater. or it hits a big building with even more people in it and does its intended terror job.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

this is the kind of shit that's going to drive security services- like the secret service, absolutely bonkers.

I can easily envision someone doing this with an even lighter version, have it take off at one of the numerous municipal airports within 25 miles of DC, where they pre-scout a path they can program into the controls to allow the plane to not have to climb above 45/50 feet going around larger trees or buildings and then enter DC airspace proper going after .... one of the larger targets there.    

even with anti-air missiles, its gonna be tough as fuck for radar to see it,  911 is going to have a hard time giving the SecServ or Park Police any advance warning, and then the agents on the ground have to look at shooting down a large drone coming for them directly over highly traveled portions of the city.  where even if the damn thing is blown up in the air, it would cause a large enough explosion to damage all kinds of stuff near it... and if they just succeed in taking it down, when it hits the ground 200Lbs of HE leaves a pretty big fucking crater. or it hits a big building with even more people in it and does its intended terror job.

I'm going to guess that they're going to have to start tracking purchases of all manner of drone stuff if they're not already.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Congratulations.   You're now on half a dozen government lists.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What’s Spartz’s deal? Why is she distancing herself from supporting Ukraine and parroting the conservative (pro Russia) talking points about needing more oversight (corrupt Ukraine)? the MAGA wing of my family has now completely turned on Ukraine and the smartest among them, the last to turn on Ukraine, is pointing to her. 

10 minutes ago, B00M said:

What’s Spartz’s deal? Why is she distancing herself from supporting Ukraine and parroting the conservative (pro Russia) talking points about needing more oversight (corrupt Ukraine)? the MAGA wing of my family has now completely turned on Ukraine and the smartest among them, the last to turn on Ukraine, is pointing to her. 

Because she's always been a nut? Ukrainians hate her.

39 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Screenshot_20240405_062343_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1e3df293c2710e6c1365d6422c4fbe2f.jpg

My first thought is they are using old stuff in the lead, knowing it’s going to get wrecked.  It still points to a shortage of tanks, and also they are sacrificing those crews, so you know they aren’t well-trained, and they’ll get fucked up anyways at some point.

But we also know they were producing about 20 “modern” tanks a month, and were supposedly bumping that up to 40 or more, but it was still not enough to keep pace with tanks being destroyed in Ukraine (their “massive” reserves were originally keeping the front supplied with tanks).  And they were also restarting production lines for turbine engines for tanks, but they were basically hand-producing them, so not in any great numbers.  We might have reached that point where their reserves of T-6x/T-72s are depleted, or at least their ability to deploy them everywhere (parts/engine shortages).

If this starts happening more and more, that’s going to get real interesting.

• Hook 'Em 4

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

My first thought is they are using old stuff in the lead, knowing it’s going to get wrecked.  It still points to a shortage of tanks, and also they are sacrificing those crews, so you know they aren’t well-trained, and they’ll get fucked up anyways at some point.

But we also know they were producing about 20 “modern” tanks a month, and were supposedly bumping that up to 40 or more, but it was still not enough to keep pace with tanks being destroyed in Ukraine (their “massive” reserves were originally keeping the front supplied with tanks).  And they were also restarting production lines for turbine engines for tanks, but they were basically hand-producing them, so not in any great numbers.  We might have reached that point where their reserves of T-6x/T-72s are depleted, or at least their ability to deploy them everywhere (parts/engine shortages).

so how does Ukraine react if the NATO equipment support levels stay where they are (over promised, under delivered) and Russia starts pushing for a ceasefire because they’re exhausted? 

8 minutes ago, B00M said:

so how does Ukraine react if the NATO equipment support levels stay where they are (over promised, under delivered) and Russia starts pushing for a ceasefire because they’re exhausted? 

Why would Putin get exhausted?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's not just producing said tanks, they also need to be able to repair and maintain them... laughable I know.

• Hook 'Em 3

not sure if anyone actually looked, but that account the GRU looney was using today had been set up back in 2021.

I was going to report the post because it sounded like him, but then saw that the account had been established back in 2021.  and I thought, na, theres no way he kept that account quiet until now......

I mean holy fuck, that lunatic has clearly set up numerous login names and obviously has a list of them somewhere, and just brings them out after each new one is banned.

Thats a level of crazy that is actually worrisome.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

not sure if anyone actually looked, but that account the GRU looney was using today had been set up back in 2021.

I was going to report the post because it sounded like him, but then saw that the account had been established back in 2021.  and I thought, na, theres no way he kept that account quiet until now......

I mean holy fuck, that lunatic has clearly set up numerous login names and obviously has a list of them somewhere, and just brings them out after each new one is banned.

Yep. I've long argued that he keeps at least two to three different accounts running simultaneously for the various forums on the board. I once asked a mod about permabanning. Other than the VPN issue, the mod responded that there were so many accounts tied to the IP address that he was concerned several "innocents" would get killed in the crossfire. It might just be that those innocents comprise his stock of reserve accounts. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, B00M said:

I don’t think Putin could survive politically if one day he just stopped and asked for a ceasefire with the lines being where they are.

But if he did because Russia was truly tapped out, I think Ukraine puts a lot of effort into taking the Kerch bridge out once and for all.  When that happens. Russia will not have a decent means of resupply and reinforcement - remember Ukraine has been slowly taking out the ships that could be used for such resupply/reinforcement efforts.

The other thing to note - Ukraine. Is ramping up attacks in Russia proper, and are getting past front-line air defenses, and this latest attack on an air base has got to make the Russians consider pulling back air defenses, and if they do, that makes thing easier on the F-16s.

It’s frustrating that we are not helping them as much, but they are clearly laying the groundwork for some serious long-term moves, and I wonder if that’s what is driving the latest round of Russian attempts at advancing.

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don’t think Putin could survive politically if one day he just stopped and asked for a ceasefire with the lines being where they are.

But if he did because Russia was truly tapped out, I think Ukraine puts a lot of effort into taking the Kerch bridge out once and for all.  When that happens. Russia will not have a decent means of resupply and reinforcement - remember Ukraine has been slowly taking out the ships that could be used for such resupply/reinforcement efforts.

The other thing to note - Ukraine. Is ramping up attacks in Russia proper, and are getting past front-line air defenses, and this latest attack on an air base has got to make the Russians consider pulling back air defenses, and if they do, that makes thing easier on the F-16s.

It’s frustrating that we are not helping them as much, but they are clearly laying the groundwork for some serious long-term moves, and I wonder if that’s what is driving the latest round of Russian attempts at advancing.

Remember the statement than Ukrainian intelligence said the Kerch bridge would be destroyed in 2024 a page or two back.  I imagine it will be. 

cant-wait-football.gif

• Hook 'Em 5

34 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Remember the statement than Ukrainian intelligence said the Kerch bridge would be destroyed in 2024 a page or two back.  I imagine it will be. 

If they can swarm dozens of drones around a major Russian airbase fairly far inside of Russia, I imagine the Kerch is not too long for this world. It’s just a matter of getting enough of an impact onto the supports.  They may end up using cruise missiles to hit the supports and then drones to keep it from being repaired.  

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Screenshot_20240405_145013_Chrome.thumb.jpg.94a49bc4f447bca7608baf4fcf718250.jpg

From a pragmatic perspective, we'd better hope that Ukraine can hold out for the very issue mentioned above. At this point, both Ukraine and Russia likely have the largest arsenals and more experience using UAVs in modern warfare than any other nation on Earth. At a minimum, we want Ukraine to remain viable so they can share their knowledge of drone warfare with us because, as dumb as the Russians are, they'll know how to use them better than our NATO allies and us. 

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So how long until we see T-34s?  They can’t have that many T-55s still running.  Then again, they were pretty simple so I guess if you can get things lubricated and replace the rubber pads on the treads as well as rubber hoses they might get a bunch in service.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/4/2024 at 1:46 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

She looks fast, Truman.

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

It's not crazy.  It's exactly what Russian-funded shitheels have done and continue to do.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

She looks fast, Truman.

It's not crazy.  It's exactly what Russian-funded shitheels have done and continue to do.

I don’t remember any of his posts, but I’m sure he is a homegrown shitheel.

From a pragmatic perspective, we'd better hope that Ukraine can hold out for the very issue mentioned above. At this point, both Ukraine and Russia likely have the largest arsenals and more experience using UAVs in modern warfare than any other nation on Earth. At a minimum, we want Ukraine to remain viable so they can share their knowledge of drone warfare with us because, as dumb as the Russians are, they'll know how to use them better than our NATO allies and us. 

Given the glaring failures of our governmental agencies at various points in the last three decades I’m not sure if you should take solace or sorrow in this, but our government is extremely aware and extremely capable of defense against UAV’s as well as using them in an offensive posture.
  • Hook 'Em 2