Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

Dude, that young woman froze in the moment and doesn’t need to be constantly reminded of it. She actually isn’t as brainless as she sounded in that moment and it is past time this meme died.

And would like the fist of an angry god.

nah. some things should be forever. thats the breaks.

any news on russia fucking up? want this to stay on topic.

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

*If true 

thats a real bad look. 

not that the Russians are going to follow any rules in an undeclared war, but that fucking guarantees every Ukrainian who surrenders to the Russians is going to be killed. 

Might be fair to assume that is true already.  Nonetheless, I hope this isn't true.

Ukraine just announced they are no longer taking POWs.  No quarters given.  Black flag has been raised

If true, that’s a mistake. They’ve got the moral high ground, they should keep it. Also, offering safe harbor is a way to take even more enemy soldiers out of the fight, which should be your goal. 50k dead or 50k POWs, doesn’t matter - both are out of the fight.
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

*If true 

thats a real bad look. 

not that the Russians are going to follow any rules in an undeclared war, but that fucking guarantees every Ukrainian who surrenders to the Russians is going to be killed. 

The Russians are vaporizing entire civilian apartment blocks.  They passed that mark a week ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Constant said:

Nothing on their official twitter. 

Yeah, I can't find it anywhere. FartingMonk is not someone to manufacture it, so I'm sure he saw it somewhere, but the reaction to an announcement like that would be social media mayhem, and I'm not seeing any references to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SL Xpress said:

Yeah, I can't find it anywhere. FartingMonk is not someone to manufacture it, so I'm sure he saw it somewhere, but the reaction to an announcement like that would be social media mayhem, and I'm not seeing any references to it.

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko who is one of the KI's reporters has had fake twitter accounts created to try and discredit him, so wouldn't be surprised if there are fake KI twitter accounts.

Speaking of the Kyiv Independent, how is Russian paying for mercenaries?

I don’t believe the “Ukraine will kill POWs” narrative, just like I didn’t believe many other sensationalized stories that have already been debunked. Ukraine is a pro west country that is enjoying the support a massive international responses. Resorting to war crimes would shit all over their stance and image during this crisis.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, FartingMonk said:

Yeah, that's from the 2nd of March. Not new. It's a reference to a social media post saying they'd execute every artilleryman they found, but it's not an official position.

Thank you for the link. That clarifies things for me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

That was a couple of days ago and it was specific to the artillery forces pounding their cities. You made it sound like they were executing the conscripts surrendering.

It's not even from an official source. It's from a social media video where the Ukrainian special forces soldiers were talking to the camera in an intimidating tone. 

Just now, dcar00 said:

yeah there was a yahoo poll that showed 5% of a certain party supported Putin.

Yeah, to be honest the polling numbers I'm seeing are very clearly in favor of supporting Ukraine. Overwhelmingly so. It's not great to see how high the support is for Putin, but you're never going to get 100% agreement on anything unless the vote is rigged.

1 minute ago, FartingMonk said:

And yes I am a bit drunk right now. But I think it maybe Russian propaganda.  I was trying.to track the source and it went back to Pravda.

I, too, am drunk. Fuck Russia. Fucj Putin. You are a shadow on Earth.

SLAVA UKRANI. Slava Titos.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Advertising it for what reason

Either scare the soldiers or make the Russians keep their AD going 24/7 (which could lead to them being hit), which ironically the TB2s are going after SAMs.

This was announced a few days by the Ukrainian government ago and is ongoing.:

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/defence/latest/ukraine-conflict-turkey-airlifts-additional-tb2-ucavs-to-ukraine

Turkey has airlifted additional Baykar Bayraktar TB2 unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAVs) to Ukraine.

The Ukrainian defence minister Oleksiy Reznikov said on 2 March that new combat ready TB2s had arrived in the country as part of a wider package of international military assistance.

“The amount of help we are receiving is increasing […]. Ukraine has already [received] and [put] on combat standby new [Bayraktar UCAVs],” Reznikov announced. The minister's statement followed rumours of a delivery of new TB2s from Turkey after a Turkish Air Force Airbus A400M transport aircraft was tracked flying from Ankara to Poland on 1 March.

Prior to the Russian invasion, Ukraine was known to have received six TB2s from Turkey. The minister did not say how many additional TB2s had been delivered.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Steel spikes!

The Russian delay in getting to Kyiv proper, giving the Ukrainians all kinds of times to prepare all kinds of anti-tank obstacles and chokepoints, on top of their already precarious supply lines, is going to grind up whatever is left of Russian forces.

Which is also why Russia will probably skip trying to take Kyiv and just level it instead.

• Like 2