Oh well still a good season.

FORTY NINE TO ZERO

4 minutes ago, Buccaneer said:

Sorry guys but I have to say this..... It's 2:50 pm.............................AND TEXAS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOMER BABY!!!!

Let's see how Boomer your ass is when OSU jumps your ass in the playoff rankings to get that last spot.

Edited by Crusher
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Sugar Bowl will be best bowl for UT since 2009. Doesn't seem bad.

yeah, knowing our luck Georgia will beat bama bad enough to knock them out of the playoff and we get a pissed off bama in the sugar bowl

Edited by alphahorn

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

yeah, knowing our luck Georgia will beat bama bad enough to knock them out of the playoff and we get a pissed off bama in the sugar bowl

Georgia or Alabama will beat the living shit out of us in the Sugar Bowl if we go, but it'll be a fun weekend in any case.

1 minute ago, MOODY said:

Need a bowl game victory to show me that this team is on an upward trend.  Lose the bowl game and this year was just another waste of time.

Then we should probably be pulling for the Sugar Bowl to pass us by.  I don’t think we’d match up well against Georgia.  If OU’s defense can rattle our offense, can you imagine what Goergia’s would do.  

Just now, Here’s the deal said:

Then we should probably be pulling for the Sugar Bowl to pass us by.  I don’t think we’d match up well against Georgia.  If OU’s defense can rattle our offense, can you imagine what Goergia’s would do.  

You are correct.  Georgia looks like the better team on paper.  They should kick our asses and probably will but how much of that is SEC and ESPN hype?

Fuck it, give us the SEC team that played in the championship game, don't be scared.  If Herman wants to prove himself then play the number two SEC team and kick their ass.  If we want to run away and hide like aggy does then this program deserves what it gets.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's December 1st, I watched Texas football and cared.  Much improved season. Hook'em

Totally agree, but I must mention the 2015 game against Baylor in December was seriously fun for me to watch and care. And we won, which is nice.

5 minutes ago, Snacks said:

L no.

Even if UGa wins, they're not blowing out Bama.

Bama is going. UGa win puts ou out.

Therefore, Go Dawgs.

This.  Alabama is in the playoff no matter what.  Book fucking it.  Amen, done deal.
Our only chance to get the shit beaten out of us in the Sugar Bowl (vs. not making it at all) is for Georgia to lose today.

Considering how I felt walking out of Fed Ex, this season wasn't bad. I had them slotted at 8-4. So they were one game better with a chance to get 10 wins with the bowl. Yeah it sucks to lose to OU but it's tough to beat that team and that QB twice. I'm won't mind if Orlando goes to Utah State. That 3 man front is piss poor and not what it takes to win the Big 12. I think I'm ready for a change on that side. Kyler faced very little pressure all game and then had wide open options when we needed stops. Oh well. On to the bowl game. 

• Like 3

We were playing with house money, this was a successful season in year 2 of a rebuild. I feel like shit that we lost and we certainly played poorly in stretches, but I expect us to take another big step next year as we continue to restock the talent. There are some seniors that I am not sorry to see go. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Considering how I felt walking out of Fed Ex, this season wasn't bad. I had them slotted at 8-4. So they were one game better with a chance to get 10 wins with the bowl. Yeah it sucks to lose to OU but it's tough to beat that team and that QB twice. I'm won't mind if Orlando goes to Utah State. That 3 man front is piss poor and not what it takes to win the Big 12. I think I'm ready for a change on that side. Kyler faced very little pressure all game and then had wide open options when we needed stops. Oh well. On to the bowl game. 

we aren't going to find anyone better than Todd.  we need some athletes and some maturity. can't believe utah st pays more than he's making

15 minutes ago, MOODY said:

Moral victory, check.  

Don't see anyone claiming a moral victory. Relative to expectations and the recent past, this was a objectively a good year.  9-3 regular season and a loss to a top-5 team in the conference title game is "good" when it follows 6-7, 5-7, 5-7, 7-6. Most thought that Texas would be 8-4 or so this year. 

It doesn't ensure that we'll be on a linear upward trajectory going forward, but it's better than we've been. 

48 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It is completely unfair since my expectations for this team were pretty low but in light of this game it is hard not to see this season as anything but a disappointment 

Trying to figure out how your expectations were higher than this? If you feel this season is a disappointment may I suggest you quit now. Expectations will likely never be met

Just now, XYZ said:

I like what Herman is building. We need more talent at OL and DL. Four losses, but every one of those games was winnable.

I do too, but I am worried that he might not have enough time to do his thing.

I am just fucking mad that this team plays great one week, shitty the next.  Looks like they can beat anyone and then struggle.  Stupid penalties all the time, kickers who look great then fuck up when we need them the most.

Thank goodness I don't control Herman's contract.  I would have fired him after Maryland, then I would have given him a raise after OU, then fired him after Oklahoma State, then give him a pass after WV. 

The Kansas game had me on edge because everyone knows if you lose to Kansas you walk home.

29 minutes ago, MOODY said:

You are correct.  Georgia looks like the better team on paper.  They should kick our asses and probably will but how much of that is SEC and ESPN hype?

Fuck it, give us the SEC team that played in the championship game, don't be scared.  If Herman wants to prove himself then play the number two SEC team and kick their ass.  If we want to run away and hide like aggy does then this program deserves what it gets.

I agree with ya.  But if you need a bowl win for this to be a successful season, Georgia might not be a good matchup for us this year.  They’re looking pretty good against Bama right now.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Was 2012 a good season? Because so far this year feels pretty similar.

(I for one thought 2012 was a good season)

1 hour ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Why do you even bother following this team?  You're the biggest defeatist, pussy, and whiny bitch I've ever come across on any fan board.  Maybe find somewhere else to let your vagina bleed.  

so, no then?

2 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Why?

Because I think next year is a repeat of this year.  Big boosters will get their asses in a bunch and start pressuring for a change when OU or WV wins the conference next year.  

Good thing is that I am usually wrong when it comes to crap like this so we got that going for us.  It is just what I think as this team will be lean next year with a ton of young players.

This was a really good season. If you don't think so, go back to the Maryland game and think about how you saw this season play out. The team's trajectory has been trending upwards all season. We are finally out of football purgatory.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MOODY said:

Because I think next year is a repeat of this year.  Big boosters will get their asses in a bunch and start pressuring for a change when OU or WV wins the conference next year.  

Good thing is that I am usually wrong when it comes to crap like this so we got that going for us.  It is just what I think as this team will be lean next year with a ton of young players.

Nah, if 8-4/9-3 proves to be his floor, he'll be around for a while. Mack didn't have any real heat until after the Holiday Bowl game following the 2003 season, his 6th, and even then I don't think many people who mattered ever really considered firing him. 

This season was a spitting image of 1999 (Mack's second year). Herman will get time to build on this. 8/9 wins needs to be the floor, but he can't plateau here. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Trying to figure out how your expectations were higher than this? If you feel this season is a disappointment may I suggest you quit now. Expectations will likely never be met

They weren't higher than this. That is why I said what I said. And expectations can be met by not enabling four straight OU championships. We had a chance to stop OU and failed. Hard to celebrate OU success at our expense as some kind of win. It is not fair but that is how I feel.

4 minutes ago, MOODY said:

I honestly am not totally on board with this coaching staff.  They aren't bad but they don't blow me away either.  

Agreed. I'm more on board than I was a year ago, but not all the way there. 

Herman brings a lot of good things and a lot that could be improved. I'm not convinced he'll be great, but he at least seems pretty good. He's also still young and in only his 4th season as a head coach. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MOODY said:

I do too, but I am worried that he might not have enough time to do his thing.

I am just fucking mad that this team plays great one week, shitty the next.  Looks like they can beat anyone and then struggle.  Stupid penalties all the time, kickers who look great then fuck up when we need them the most.

Thank goodness I don't control Herman's contract.  I would have fired him after Maryland, then I would have given him a raise after OU, then fired him after Oklahoma State, then give him a pass after WV. 

The Kansas game had me on edge because everyone knows if you lose to Kansas you walk home.

Username checks out.