Is anything less than a Big 12 title next year acceptable?

A’Dam Psycho

Fuck the big12. 

Georgia (if they beat Bama) and Ohio State will probably finish above blowU. So that means to win the big12 AND make the playoffs we will probably have to beat OU twice next season.

If the officiating continues like this I'm assuming that's not gonna happen.

Fuck the big12.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

until our play calling changes we will likely be worse on offense. especially with watson gone and a possible although i pray to god not  ljh and CJ.  im still battered right now 

They both gone. I dont blame em. We play in a league that allows them to be held and interfered with constantly by scrubs so the desired outcome can happen. This confrence sucks shit.

1 hour ago, Juke_Em said:

Conference title and a playoff spot, which 11+ wins will get you in the conversation. The Big XII has always been about QB play. One of the reasons why we struggled over the last 5 years is because we didn't have a QB advantage vs. the other teams. That shouldn't be the case anymore these next 2 years. Ehlinger will be a top QB in the conference and it won't even be close. Don't have to worry about going up against a Kyler/Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, Kenny Hill/Boykin, Bryce Petty/RG3, etc.

Don’t forget that bitch Grier.  Darnold too

Of course we can you dipshit. The issue of course is that our program has been a complete dumpster fire for a decade. That your expectation was conference championships during the past decade doesn’t make you a badass or a better fan, it makes you a fucking idiot.

Go hang out at texfags with that loser mentality you pussy.
  • Fuck You 1

Let me give it a try, fuck face...

My fucking degree says University of fucking Texas on it. I expect to win the CCG every fucking year Texas fields a football team.

Guess what, dumbass. The average star recruiting rating of those players on those shitty Charlie Strong teams was the highest in the conference.

• Fuck You 1

I just want you to type this out:
“i expected Texas to win the conference in 2014, 2015 and 2016.”
type that out and report back on how feel about yourself.

Forgot to quote your dumbass...

Let me give it a try, fuck face...

My fucking degree says University of fucking Texas on it. I expect to win the CCG every fucking year Texas fields a football team.

Guess what, dumbass. The average star recruiting rating of those players on those shitty Charlie Strong teams was the highest in the conference.

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

The coaches are going to have to coach up these young guys filling all the holes.  All those dudes Herman kicked off the team are gonna come back to bite him.  

Would have been nice to have guys like delance, fowler, hemphill, elliot.  I expect about the same .

Delance isn't even listed on the 2-deep at Florida and I haven't heard anything about Elliot, although he's listed 2nd string.  And a whole lotta' meh on the other two, they would have transferred to other D1 schools if they were worth a shit or could.

26 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I honestly would be more content if the conference would die in a fire and we go win a different conference next year.

Fuck the big 12

Fuck ou

Fuck that a billion times. I want no part of those garbage super conferences.

My long term goal is to win the conference title more often than Oklahoma with the realization that on occasion Oklahoma might win it as the programs in theory at their best should be pretty close in talent year after year.  With those conference titles it usually means a CFP berth.

1 hour ago, UTDD said:

My long term goal is to win the conference title more often than Oklahoma with the realization that on occasion Oklahoma might win it as the programs in theory at their best should be pretty close in talent year after year.  With those conference titles it usually means a CFP berth.

We only have to win 9 straight Big 12 titles to catch up to OU.  Sigh.

8 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

Graduating are all three DL, both linebackers, both corners.   That’s seven dudes near the line of scrimmage.  A lot to replace.   I would tap the brakes a little.  

Are you talking about the cornerback that almost single handedly fucked us over today?

Or the DLinemen that haven't pressured a decent OL all sesson?

I don't think that will be that difficult to replace.

1 hour ago, LonghornSean said:

We only have to win 9 straight Big 12 titles to catch up to OU.  Sigh.

Who cares. First of all - this conference has been an abortion ever since the 2008 shitshow. 

Second of all - any program worth a shit doesn't play to win conference titles.

You play to win your rivalry, win national championships, and prove your worth against non-conference opponents. 

Over the past 20 years - OU hasn't been any better at that than Texas.

OU won the conference before the ball was even kicked today. This namby pamby resting on your conference titles is some pussy-ass come in 2nd and be willfully ignorant about it mentality. Just ask Kansas basketball fans.

Basically - would you rather be Michigan or be Auburn? I'll take as many 8-4 seasons that we need to be NATIONAL champions again. 

Send OU a box of thin mints for being better at beating programs that have never won anything than Texas. 

After they get smacked by Alabama and we pull off an upset in the Sugar this will all become more clear for anyone concerned about "conference championships".

Who cares. First of all - this conference has been an abortion ever since the 2008 shitshow. 
Second of all - any program worth a shit doesn't play to win conference titles.
You play to win your rivalry, win national championships, and prove your worth against non-conference opponents. 
Over the past 20 years - OU hasn't been any better at that than Texas.
OU won the conference before the ball was even kicked today. This namby pamby resting on your conference titles is some pussy-ass come in 2nd and be willfully ignorant about it mentality. Just ask Kansas basketball fans.
Basically - would you rather be Michigan or be Auburn? I'll take as many 8-4 seasons that we need to be NATIONAL champions again. 
Send OU a box of thin mints for being better at beating programs that have never won anything than Texas. 
After they get smacked by Alabama and we pull off an upset in the Sugar this will all become more clear for anyone concerned about "conference championships".

I’m in agreement with almost everything in your post other than your last paragraph if you’re referring to Georgia. I would hate for that matchup at this point, but it’s looking like it’s going to be the case.

Hypothetical for next year: 

We beat LSU.  We beat OU.  We stumble against an improved TCU team, but we win the rest.  We go to the CCG and lose to WVU.  We get an invite to a huge bowl and beat Pac-12 champ Washington or SEC runner-up Georgia.

So we don't win the conference, but we go 12-2 and finish the year ranked #4.

If that ain't an acceptable season, we're gonna be a miserable bunch just about all of the time.

15 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

Graduating are all three DL, both linebackers, both corners.   That’s seven dudes near the line of scrimmage.  A lot to replace.   I would tap the brakes a little.  

Yeah. I don’t know why people expect the team to improve next season. Even with a more experienced Ehlinger, I will be impressed if the team doesn’t get markedly worse next year. 

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Hypothetical for next year: 

We beat LSU.  We beat OU.  We stumble against an improved TCU team, but we win the rest.  We go to the CCG and lose to WVU.  We get an invite to a huge bowl and beat Pac-12 champ Washington or SEC runner-up Georgia.

So we don't win the conference, but we go 12-2 and finish the year ranked #4.

If that ain't an acceptable season, we're gonna be a miserable bunch just about all of the time.

I’ve been miserable the last decade...haha. But yeah I can’t be miserable with that. I’m not even miserable now. I mean yeah I hate ousux and losing to them sucks, and yes we could have beat pokes and wvu, but this is also the best we’ve been in a long time. The alternative of being shittier is not what I want. 

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Are you talking about the cornerback that almost single handedly fucked us over today?

Or the DLinemen that haven't pressured a decent OL all sesson?

I don't think that will be that difficult to replace.

If they were so replaceable, then they would have been replaced by younger guys who would have benefited tremendously from receiving those snaps. Just because they weren’t all-conference players doesn’t mean the guys behind them aren’t meaningfully worse options. 

• Like 1

This is what I want to see.

I want to see Texas finish teams off in the 4th qtr consistently and not have every game be a nail biter because we shit the bed down the stretch. I want to see our defense grow a pair of balls when it matter the most, like yesterday right before halftime and after the safety letting teams romp down the field with no resistance at all.

If we do these things we are winning 10-11 games next year.

Tired of watching Texas be up by 2 or 3 td’s and then hanging on for dear life to eek out a win like ou and Kansas. Fucking KANSAS!

• Like 1

I’m with rockethorn. Gotta finish games with aggression. No more letting teams back into games. It has to be coaching and attitude. You would think with such a pattern it’s a conditioning issue, but I can’t believe that’s the case. I think it’s more mentality. 

Yeah. I don’t know why people expect the team to improve next season. Even with a more experienced Ehlinger, I will be impressed if the team doesn’t get markedly worse next year. 

So none of the teams we play next year lose any of their key players to graduation or early draft entry?

20 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

So none of the teams we play next year lose any of their key players to graduation or early draft entry?

I would imagine eight defensive starters and three starting offensive linemen is more turnover than an average team suffers in a given offseason.