Former Horns OC named Head Coach

msucolt45

Sterlin Gilbert, former Longhorns OC, during Charlie Strong’s last year at Texas and with him at USF, is a new Head Coach.

Coach Gilbert will be taking over the duties of resurrecting the McNeese State Cowboys program. It’s his first HC duty since HS coaching in West Texas!

Hook’em Coach Gilbert and Geaux Pokes !!

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

Good luck to Gilbert.  Taking such a non-distinct job, I think he finally understands he needs to jump for his life boat now.  Set out on his own as coaching for Charlie isn't going to get him a better job.  I'm sure he'll take his boy Mattox with him.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Good luck to Gilbert.  Taking such a non-distinct job, I think he finally understands he needs to jump for his life boat now.  Set out on his own as coaching for Charlie isn't going to get him a better job.  I'm sure he'll take his boy Mattox with him.

Ain't nothing but a cow , calf thang.

Gilbert was "the future" 3 years ago and now he's seemed to fizzle out at Texas and USF so this is the best opportunity to him. I know USF fans are celebrating his departure. After the Notre Dame win in 2016, people thought he was on his way to being the next great offensive mind in the country