Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

mdl, your wife find any spindletap or parish?

Not what I was looking for. She was downtown for business so I sent her to the flagship Spec’s as it’s nearby and the only place I knew was close by. However, they didn’t have any of the new Spindletap or any other of their limited releases - only Hop Gusher and standards (which I’ve had before). I have been to that Spec’s before and they had a little of the limited stuff but I was overall underwhelmed with their selection. Before her next trip to Houston, I need to scout ahead to find some other store (HEB, Whole Foods, Central Market?) that is off 45 heading north on her way back to Dallas that would have the good stuff.

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I see your Ska glass, you tried their brut IPA yet?  Really enjoyed the several I had in CO a few weeks back.

Ya, enjoyable. I tend to go Euphoria when I end up a ska. Or in the summer it's all about the Rue B. Soho. Pink Vapor Stew is an alright summer sour as well.

Just now, MoJames said:

Ya, enjoyable. I tend to go Euphoria when I end up a ska. Or in the summer it's all about the Rue B. Soho. Pink Vapor Stew is an alright summer sour as well.

It's been years since I had one, but Modus Hoperandi was one of my gateway IPAs back in the day.

Just had a Tupps Series 8 TDH IPA.  So good, not even gonna complain about their pricing anymore. 

Ask a beer guy stocking the cooler about when to expect to see Electric Jellyfish on the shelves, was told that has been put on hold for the near future. Anyone  else heard this? I thought they were already canning for distribution at the new Round Rock location.

I see your Ska glass, you tried their brut IPA yet?  Really enjoyed the several I had in CO a few weeks back.

6c63514ca795fe9ea157687ce7ae80c0.jpg

Moral panic? If so, I really like it also and it was like $8 a sixer. Is it Colorado only?

Also enjoyed this codename superfan

1f154a4254ec3797dc4cd147f331373a.jpg

So I’m in Louisville and I don’t know that I’ll have any opportunities for beer with all the distilleries on the docket. Just left bulleit and we’re on the way to angels envy. Any beer I should keep an eye out for?

More fun stuff from the OTHER wholesaler BIG DISTRO lobby (not the one who's like 'yeah, lets work together and get these folks in this brewery some to-go beer)

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/food/2019-03-07/wholesale-beer-distributors-of-texas-plan-to-continue-their-antics/

They're shopping the bill right now. We'll know by tomorrow if it gets picked up by some greasy palmed chud in the capitol.

10 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

More fun stuff from the OTHER wholesaler BIG DISTRO lobby (not the one who's like 'yeah, lets work together and get these folks in this brewery some to-go beer)

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/food/2019-03-07/wholesale-beer-distributors-of-texas-plan-to-continue-their-antics/

They're shopping the bill right now. We'll know by tomorrow if it gets picked up by some greasy palmed chud in the capitol.

Narrator: It will.

Oh shit. I hope they’re not looking at Montana for guidance. There, customers can only buy 48oz for onsite consumption per day. Most places give you a card and when your 4 squares are X’d out, you’re done for the day. They also have a finite number of brewpub permits in the state. You have to wait and get in a bidding war with other potential brewers when a brewpub decides to close and give up its permit.

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Oh shit. I hope they’re not looking at Montana for guidance. There, customers can only buy 48oz for onsite consumption per day. Most places give you a card and when your 4 squares are X’d out, you’re done for the day. They also have a finite number of brewpub permits in the state. You have to wait and get in a bidding war with other potential brewers when a brewpub decides to close and give up its permit.

Has Montana always had that rule?

I could swear I killed alot more than 48oz at Bayern years ago.  

Pro tip: if you’re a Texan flying on Alaska Airlines, you can start off your vacation with a beer not available back home before you even arrive at your destination.

b97cb63494e1dc86d853441cc5277457.jpg

Alaska is the best. My Lush consumption has dropped but it’s probably the best beer you can get on a plane in the US, and for free.

Hard pass. Coconut.

I’m not a coconut fan normally, but all of these guys’ coconut beers slam. They do a stout modeled after Almond Joy that’s killer.

It’s two former Toppling Goliath brewers, and the tap room is a block from the original TG taproom. These guys are just killing it. Some of the best beer in the Midwest right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk