Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Amos Moses said:

Plant Supervisor: Most of our insulatin' work we contract out. But I can start you out as a general helper, a laborer, a gofer. You know what a gofer is, boy? 
Bud: Well, I suppose it means you go for things. 
[pause] 
Bud: Or it could mean you're an animal... 
Plant Supervisor: Yeah, well around here they're on the same level. 

I luv you, sissy. 

12 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Sacrificial lamb. The respondent's popularity generally plummets after the rebuttal. Go ask Joe Kennedy, Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal if they are glad they did it. 

It's a nearly impossible task to pull off in a non-awkward way. Any politician on the rise should never accept that invitation.  

Bobby Jindal was a fucking genius until Christianity and Politics rotted his brain. He really could have done some great things and he talked like Bobby Bushay when in front of a camera. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Bobby Jindal was a fucking genius until Christianity and Politics rotted his brain. He really could have done some great things and he talked like Bobby Bushay when in front of a camera. 

Too funny, and mostly accurate, imo.

But let's not put all the blame on Christianity (or politics). Dumb fucks are gonna sell out and be dumb fucks for a lot of reasons. There are plenty of "smart" Christians. Then there are the ignorant ones who think the world is 6,000 years old and evolution is the work of Satan.

And most of those dumb asses are Republican. Not all, but most.

55 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

That reads like he's asking soldiers to stay there or their own volition despite policy. 

"If the airport security and flight controllers can keep showing up with no government support or pay, why can't you? Just stay there and keep doin' what your doin'! You'll be okay, I promise."

20130409__mcconnell3.jpg?w=400

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Well if Russia would just focus their efforts on Calexit, I am highly susceptible to the idea. Maybe if their propaganda campaign is good enough, we can have a peaceful separation and move ahead without the dead weight of many of the red states.... 

Why do you need a Civil War or Russia's help for that?  California's  exit would most definitely be favorable to most Republicans I know.  The only condition would be to make sure everyone who has moved from their to a red state has to return to California first before this exit takes place...

• Fuck You 5

19 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

Why do you need a Civil War or Russia's help for that?  California's  exit would most definitely be favorable to most Republicans I know.  The only condition would be to make sure everyone who has moved from their to a red state has to return to California first before this exit takes place...

Most Republicans you know would be in favor of lopping off 15% of our nations GDP? Bold strategy Cotton. As long as you are getting rid of our top producing liberal states, you might as well go ahead and throw in New York as well. 

24 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

California's  exit would most definitely be favorable to most Republicans I know. 

Yet another in a long list of reasons why today's Republican is just one stupid motherfucker. 

Really. 

What has happened to the GOP? When I was a kid, they were the party of dull, fiscal responsibility, accountability, reason. 

What in the blue fuck has happened to that party? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asithappens said:

Yet another in a long list of reasons why today's Republican is just one stupid motherfucker. 

Really. 

What has happened to the GOP? When I was a kid, they were the party of dull, fiscal responsibility, accountability, reason. 

Nixon. I'm serious. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Most Republicans you know would be in favor of lopping off 15% of our nations GDP? Bold strategy Cotton. As long as you are getting rid of our top producing liberal states, you might as well go ahead and throw in New York as well. 

They'll need it to pay off the state's massive debt.  Have you been there?  Most of their major cities look like a landfill with roads running through it that can't  near handle all the traffic...And, they say the red states are dead weight?

Edited by Rockymtns
  • Fuck You 6

8 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Really. 

Nixon started it with his Southern Strategy of using thinly veiled racism to peel votes from long time Democratic voters.

Ronald Reagan continued the movement with his open appeal to evangelicals and Jerry Falwell's Moral Majority.

Both of these electoral strategies have created a party that focuses on wedge social issues at the expense of traditional fiscal policies that had characterized it for decades.

• Like 4

The Republican Party is completely rotten and corrupt to its very core and Nixon started it down this road. Trump is simply the final culmination of that path. Those in between like Reagan and GWB were vessels along the way. I’m ashamed to admit that at many times I not only didn’t see it but in fact supported this mission. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

They'll need it to pay off the state's massive debt.  Have you been there?  Most of their major cities look like a landfill with roads running through it that can't  near handle all the traffic...And, they say the red states are dead weight?

Have you been to Mississippi?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

Seriously, where the fuck did this narrative come from? My father-in-law says the same non-sense. I'm quite certain he has never set foot in California. But I've been there plenty. California cities are fucking awesome. 

I should add, I've also been to a lot of those small towns in red states. They fucking suck for the most part. Some of the bigger cities and college towns are pretty fun though. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Eh, I think we should go back to Goldwater and the 1964 presidential election when you saw a realignment of the racists with the Republican Party. 

That shift opened the door for Nixon’s southern strategy.

Well that was of course due to the passage of the 1964 civil right act. Nixon was the first to take advantage of the so called “southern strategy” which is nothing more than racism and fear of “the others” that trump has laid bare. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Seriously, where the fuck did this narrative come from? My father-in-law says the same non-sense. I'm quite certain he has never set foot in California. But I've been there plenty. California cities are fucking awesome. 

I think he meant New York cities. He's wrong about that, too.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Oklahoma checking in here. Boomer!

We might not have debt, but we barely have an education system!

*You're welcome Texas. You have all of our good teachers that we invested in, plus our big boy oil companies.  

Edited by Dertyberd

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Well that was of course due to the passage of the 1964 civil right act. Nixon was the first to take advantage of the so called “southern strategy” which is nothing more than racism and fear of “the others” that trump has laid bare. 

LBJ’s fault.

/sarcasm 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

But Nixon wasn't a full-retard evangelical fundamentalist. 

That was more GWB's doing. 

But yeah, Nixon was a crook and the GOP loved him. 

he didn't need to be. but he opened the door to the southern evangelicals. reagan took that further, despite his wife being into fucking ASTROLOGY.

nixon was an evil fuck, who wanted power at all costs, no matter the cost. never forget HST's eulogy of the man, the last line is the best:

Nixon's spirit will be with us for the rest of our lives -- whether you're me or Bill Clinton or you or Kurt Cobain or Bishop Tutu or Keith Richards or Amy Fisher or Boris Yeltsin's daughter or your fiancee's 16-year-old beer-drunk brother with his braided goatee and his whole life like a thundercloud out in front of him. This is not a generational thing. You don't even have to know who Richard Nixon was to be a victim of his ugly, Nazi spirit.

He has poisoned our water forever. Nixon will be remembered as a classic case of a smart man shitting in his own nest. But he also shit in our nests, and that was the crime that history will burn on his memory like a brand. By disgracing and degrading the Presidency of the United States, by fleeing the White House like a diseased cur, Richard Nixon broke the heart of the American Dream.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

LBJ’s fault.

/sarcasm 

It was LBJs fault in the sense that he was probably the only person on the planet who could have gotten that supremely justified law passed. 

Despite his many many flaws, one can ever take that away from him. I hope his ghost fucks with trump in the White House some more. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I live 5 hours from L.A. and San Diego on the interstate...Ive been there plenty...Last time I went to L.A. was about 1 month ago. 

Edited by Rockymtns
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I should add, I've also been to a lot of those small towns in red states. They fucking suck for the most part. Some of the bigger cities and college towns are pretty fun though. 

not to mention, some of those california cities have NO-GO ZONES where sharia law rules the day!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

I just moved back to Austin from the Bay Area. There certainly are some pretty crappy parts of SF & Oakland but come on man... cities that look like landfills? Traffic? Yeah it sucks and will continue to suck out there. The curse of everyone wanting to live there and no space or will to build more roads AND nothing about that makes the state a dead weight. 

Are you talking about California? San Diego looking like a landfill?

God damn you're one dumb fuck if that's what you mean. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YChang said:

I just moved back to Austin from the Bay Area. There certainly are some pretty crappy parts of SF & Oakland but come on man... cities that look like landfills? Traffic? Yeah it sucks and will continue to suck out there. The curse of everyone wanting to live there and no space or will to build more roads AND nothing about that makes the state a dead weight. 

Plus, California is a net contributor to the federal tax base so that parasite states like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama etc.... don't have to pay as much in taxes.  This is to say that California receives much less than one dollar in spending from the federal government for every dollar it contributes in taxes, while the aforementioned states receive much more than one dollar in spending from the federal government. California should demand that those states secede. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 2

They have a lower Debt to GDP ratio than Texas, so I can't really throw stones. 

And yes, I've been to LA, San Diego, Huntington Beach, Tahoe, San Francisco and Napa (sorry for the humble brag), they are all on the tops of my list of my favorite places. I think San Francisco is by far the most beautiful city in America.  

I live in Houston, so again, I can't throw stones when it comes to traffic. It's funny that there seems to be a correlation of cities with jobs having more traffic than cities without. I suppose if I didn't want to deal with traffic I could move to Trump country. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

Traffic congestion = economic dead weight. Boy, you sure are special.

3 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

I was mostly talking  about the L.A. and Oakland area. 

Before I moved back to Texas... if I won the lotto I would have bought a house in the Rockridge part of Oakland. My favorite 'hood in the Bay Area. Really loved living in Oakland, reminds me a lot of Houston actually. 

Edited by YChang

13 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

I live 5 hours from L.A. and San Diego on the interstate...Ive been there plenty...Last time I went to L.A. was about 1 month ago. 

5 hours? Is that supposed to be close? Are you in Vegas? I mean, I've lived 2 hours from College Station and have only been there maybe twice in my entire life.  Anyway, if you thought San Diego looked like a landfill, I'm pretty sure you either had shit in your eye or had a stroke. 

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

5 hours? Is that supposed to be close? Are you in Vegas? I mean, I've lived 2 hours from College Station and have only been there maybe twice in my entire life.  Anyway, if you thought San Diego looked like a landfill, I'm pretty sure you either had shit in your eye or had a stroke. 

I live south of Phoenix...Casa Grande.  San Diego is not that bad, youre right...L.A. is terrible though and the highways in California are all in terrible need of repair at least the 2 interstates from Arizona into California for sure...

Edited by Rockymtns
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

So you either live in Phoenix or Las Vegas and you are calling other cities landfills? 

HA! You've evidently never been to Phoenix metro area for sure.  We don't have graffiti on every open space on every wall with a  pile of trash under it along the freeways, and the freeway is actually smooth and driveable and mostly uncongested...Manicured neighborhoods all over the city...