2019 Fiesta Bowl - LSU vs. UCF

satyanash

love griese saying that UCF comes into the game scoring 44 points a game and LSU holding them to 7.  not acknowledging their starting QB is out.

He helped them score 56 against Memphis, the second best team in their conference. I wonder if that speaks to their level of competition in that conference.

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

True, my main problem is with the spirit of the rule. A 15 yard penalty is a stiff penalty for just hitting with your helmet. But tossing someone when the helmet hit came in the middle of a big speed collision is absurd. They don’t take intent into consideration properly.

If you want to toss someone after two violations okay maybe but your helmet hits another helmet and suddenly a star athlete gets tossed is just ruining the game

I agree.  it should be a team thing. first one 15 yards, second one on the team guy is tossed and it needs to be "intentional".  you can't physically dive at a guys legs or below the shoulders and keep your head up.    you can be diving with your shoulder leading on second and then the next second your helmet leads because, wait for it....a body in motion stays in motion.

if the other player(usually offensive) lowers his head into the "hitting zone" there should be no penalty.

• Like 1

I agree.  it should be a team thing. first one 15 yards, second one on the team guy is tossed and it needs to be "intentional".  you can't physically dive at a guys legs or below the shoulders and keep your head up.    you can be diving with your shoulder leading on second and then the next second your helmet leads because, wait for it....a body in motion stays in motion.
if the other player(usually offensive) lowers his head into the "hitting zone" there should be no penalty.

Gagree

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

fuck UCF playing national champs for beating a mediocre Auburn team and trying to claim it again by trying to beat a half ass Coach O led three loss LSU team. If anyone thinks they could beat Alabama and Clemson in consecutive weeks you’re out of your fucking mind. They would lose by 40 to Bama with Saban playing his backups the second half.

The mediocre Auburn team that beat MNC Alabama by 12 points in the last week of the regular season?  That mediocre Auburn team?

And sports are all about underdog teams that 'would never beat' more talented teams.  In fact, my favorite moments in sporting history involve teams that 'would never beat' a more talented team.    If the favored team won all the time, sports wouldn't worth watching.