2018 Formula One thread

Prepuce of Doom

ricciardo exactly where he wants to be and hamilton exactly where he wants to be given his history.   vettel not doing interviews.  

if liberty wants to do something gimmicky put all the F1 drivers in F2 cars for a 30 minute race on saturday. 

Edited by elfenix

47 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

They’re gonna have to nail strategy to win since they don’t have a second car up front.

Also, safety car(s).

If they slow their second car until Ricciardo laps him and THEN he starts driving as hard as possible, does F1 come down on Red Bull, or is that strategy allowed?

10 hours ago, elfenix said:

ricciardo exactly where he wants to be and hamilton exactly where he wants to be given his history.   vettel not doing interviews.  

if liberty wants to do something gimmicky put all the F1 drivers in F2 cars for a 30 minute race on saturday. 

I think that’d be more fun than gimmick 

Martin trying to point out grid boys along with grid girls... Everyone else just taking about the girls. NTTAWWT

And random people groping Martin is always funny - "someone is grabbing my bum", "who is rubbing my tit?", ... Heh.

Good times on the grid.

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

On RTL, the German broadcast, they just interviewed American Basketball Spieler Dwayne Wade, but it wasn’t Dwayne Wade.

who was it?  i saw them flash a picture on screen which looked like dwyane and his wife

13 minutes ago, Robin Masters said:

Can't wait for Verstappen to get these mega tires, be 5 seconds a lap faster than everyone else, drive brilliantly for a few laps, then stuff it passing some backmarker in a way over the top stupid aggressive move.

didnt he just bump with sainz

Without the specter of reliability issues for Ricciardo, that would have been a pretty boring race. But very happy that he won. 

The wind was tantalizingly cooperative but ultimately a letdown with respect to lifting up Princess Charlene's dress. 

Totally unsurprised that Seb blasted her with champagne. 

Well you make a terrible jock sniffer that's for sure.

Glad to see Ricciardo win.

Crappy to see Fred retire.

Also, I don't like that the VSC was allowed to end right when a car was coming off the pit road and split Ricciardo and Vettel.  That pretty much ended Seb's chances at getting a pass, although Ricciardo got a great start and Vettel likely would not have ever had a chance, anyway. 

On 5/29/2018 at 7:33 PM, utee94 said:

Well you make a terrible jock sniffer that's for sure.

Glad to see Ricciardo win.

Crappy to see Fred retire.

Also, I don't like that the VSC was allowed to end right when a car was coming off the pit road and split Ricciardo and Vettel.  That pretty much ended Seb's chances at getting a pass, although Ricciardo got a great start and Vettel likely would not have ever had a chance, anyway. 

I concur with your first sentence 

ferrucci had a start in indycar this morning, got bumped from behind at 170 mph and went into the tire barrier.  spun and got some air over the curbing but miraculously didn't collect anyone else.  

Edited by elfenix

Some of you guys are going to love this. 

Unhappy with a line of inquiry about his incident-prone season in Thursday's Drivers' Press Conference for this weekend's Canadian GP, Verstappen responded: "I get really tired of all the questions. If I get any more I might headbutt someone."

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11396564/canandian-gp-max-verstappen-unhappy-with-media-questions-over-change-of-approach

Grand Prix of Canadia--

ESPN has the telecasts all over the place for this one folks, so be sure to check your DVRs if that's your method of consumption.  The race itself is on ABC, no problem there, but beyond that it looks like the only live broadcast I can pick up is P3 on ESPN2.  P1, P2, and Qualy are all on channels that are not in my cable subscription (maybe ESPNNews?), so it looks like I'll have to watch them once they're posted to the ESPN app.

Not a huge deal, I wasn't going to be able to watch any of them live anyway, but just a heads-up.

Looks like Google Fiber has all the sessions listed, and all at the right times. I think this is the first time they've managed that.

FP1 855-1030 ESPNU

FP2 1255-230 ESPNU

FP3 955-1100 ESPN2

QUAL 1255-200 ESPNEWS

GP 1230-300 ABC

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crackamacgowski said:

Why is Quali on ESPNews. That's lame af.

Because when the races are in time zones closer to us ESPN chooses other programming and bumps F1 to obscure channels. When it's early morning or the middle of the night it is no problem.

22 hours ago, crackamacgowski said:

I saw that too from an Autoweek e-mail. Perhaps if Verstappen stopped driving like a dumbass people would quit with the questions about him being a dumbass.