Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao. Mike White was even worse in this game than the first and that is hard to do. There's a reason he's behind Cooper Rush.

They even gave him the reps with the 2nd team and he couldn’t do shit. Then they gave Rush the 3rd team reps and he goes on TD drive lol. Rush is the backup. Competition is over. Now please find a kicker 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

They even gave him the reps with the 2nd team and he couldn’t do shit. Then they gave Rush the 3rd team reps and he goes on TD drive lol. Rush is the backup. Competition is over. Now please find a kicker 

Maybe Mike White can be a kicker? Because he sure can't QB for an NFL team.

Just take any recycled kicker that’s been in the nfl for a few years. That’s the thing about these guys. They start off good, eventually lose confidence, go to a new team and regain their confidence. Same thing might happen with Maher. He looked like a great option for the first half of the season last year. Then he just lost his confidence. It happened with Nick folk when we had him, it happened with Shawn shuisam (sp?), it happened with Mike Nugent when he filled in for Bailey. Guys have bounced around the league and had pretty decent careers. Other than the elite guys, they’re all the same. But bring them in now so they can gain confidence. Don’t have their first kick be week 5 after Maher has lost a game for us and it’s a hot button topic in Dallas 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Just take any recycled kicker that’s been in the nfl for a few years. That’s the thing about these guys. They start off good, eventually lose confidence, go to a new team and regain their confidence. Same thing might happen with Maher. He looked like a great option for the first half of the season last year. Then he just lost his confidence. It happened with Nick folk when we had him, it happened with Shawn shuisam (sp?), it happened with Mike Nugent when he filled in for Bailey. Guys have bounced around the league and had pretty decent careers. Other than the elite guys, they’re all the same. But bring them in now so they can gain confidence. Don’t have their first kick be week 5 after Maher has lost a game for us and it’s a hot button topic in Dallas 

I remember in 2007 when Nick Folk was supposed to be the next great kicker for us. Then he fell off a cliff. Can't remember what he did when he went to the Jets. Vanderjagt fell off for the Colts and come to us in 2006 and also sucked. I think he was the one with the short ass kickoffs.

And I'd rather keep Maher than roll with washed up damaged goods Dan Bailey. 

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I remember in 2007 when Nick Folk was supposed to be the next great kicker for us. Then he fell off a cliff. Can't remember what he did when he went to the Jets. Vanderjagt fell off for the Colts and come to us in 2006 and also sucked. I think he was the one with the short ass kickoffs.

And I'd rather keep Maher than roll with washed up damaged goods Dan Bailey. 

He was great with the jets. That’s kinda my point. Conor Barth is another guy. Average kicker. But when they go to a new team, sometimes they can come out with a little confidence. Maher lost his confidence. He’s broke. He knows we don’t trust him anymore. Anytime that happens with an average kicker, it’s time to move on and find a new one 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

I don't follow the Cowboys too closely anymore, but is Mike White the hill that Futureman is willing to die on? He must know more than we could possibly know.

is dak the hill the cowboys are willing to die on?  it seems that could be the case. 

Just now, JohnnyRage said:

Nice strawman. Franchise him for two years after his rookie contract is done.

see, this is progress.  you’re willing to take the position that maybe paying him that franchise-destroying contract is a bad idea, and we can always franchise him if we feel the need to.  the thing is, after this season, we won’t. 

sean payton + bridgewater.  that’s good for a couple years at least to find someone better.  but day one you’re considerably better than dak.
Bridgewater was terrible today, but it is just preseason and he is not playing with the starters.

SP is under contract through the end of next season so you would likely have to trade (a first?) for him, and that is assuming he wants to come and the Saints are willing.

I don't think it can be pulled off.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, TornACL said:

The Cowboys seem to be making a big mistake measuring White and Rush against each other in the quest for a backup qb. 

The problem is, compared to Mike White, Rush looks like Andrew Luck. But compared to the other top 96 QBs in this league, Rush isn't good. 

Right now Dallas still doesn't have a backup qb. 

This is correct.  Rush still looks like a developmental guy.  White looks like a backup in the XFL.  Kicker and backup QB are big weaknesses.

14 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He was great with the jets. That’s kinda my point. Conor Barth is another guy. Average kicker. But when they go to a new team, sometimes they can come out with a little confidence. Maher lost his confidence. He’s broke. He knows we don’t trust him anymore. Anytime that happens with an average kicker, it’s time to move on and find a new one 

And this is why I don't get why people want Bailey back. We moved on from him for a reason. Vikings look to be moving on from him as well after just one season. There is no need to bring him back here.

If the FGs are a long distance, I have a lot of confidence in Maher. It's the shorter, routine kicks I don't feel comfortable at all. And that is a huge issue. You have to be able to make those in this league consistently. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And this is why I don't get why people want Bailey back. We moved on from him for a reason. Vikings look to be moving on from him as well after just one season. There is no need to bring him back here.

If the FGs are a long distance, I have a lot of confidence in Maher. It's the shorter, routine kicks I don't feel comfortable at all. And that is a huge issue. You have to be able to make those in this league consistently. 

Unless Cowboys fix this, it’s no playoff season coming most likely.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't think I've seen one person write or hear one person say they want Bailey back. Most people I've heard have said pay Bryant for this season and see if he can at least get you solid 45 and in. 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

So why not just take delay of game penalties until we hit Maher's range?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burntcowboy said:

Mike White sucks. Jerry will never call Kap(thank goodness). Dak is our best option right now, not worth 40 mil though. What can we get for Zeke trade wise?  Our kicker needs a night with SouthAustin’s mom to regain his confidence. 

Dak never asked for $40mill so that will never be an issue.

3 hours ago, Burntcowboy said:

Mike White sucks. Jerry will never call Kap(thank goodness). Dak is our best option right now, not worth 40 mil though. What can we get for Zeke trade wise?  Our kicker needs a night with SouthAustin’s mom to regain his confidence. 

what a fantastically entertaining post. 

26 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Also, Chris reports Zeke is still in Cabo, even though that viral pic that said Zeke was on a flight back to Dallas. Who knows.

Zeke needs to stop being a pussy ass bitch, man. Jerry has had your back through thick and thin, and he’s gone to bat for you even when there’s an outside chance that something might have happened two years ago. It’s a fucking joke. Clearly it was a joke. He even said as much in the video. Quit being a bitch. That video shouldn’t move the needle at all. The fact that him and his agent have to come out and make a statement about how they felt disrespected is just fucking laughable. STFU

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

Zeke needs to stop being a pussy ass bitch, man. Jerry has had your back through thick and thin, and he’s gone to bat for you even when there’s an outside chance that something might have happened two years ago. It’s a fucking joke. Clearly it was a joke. He even said as much in the video. Quit being a bitch. That video shouldn’t move the needle at all. The fact that him and his agent have to come out and make a statement about how they felt disrespected is just fucking laughable: STFU

You're assuming Zeke and or his representation have common sense and good judgment.  Good fucking luck with that based on prior performance...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, futureman said:

if zeke didn’t want to be run into the ground, franchised for a year or two and kicked out on his ass when his career is essentially done then he shouldn’t have been a running back. 

Best post you've made in days.

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Zeke needs to stop being a pussy ass bitch, man. Jerry has had your back through thick and thin, and he’s gone to bat for you even when there’s an outside chance that something might have happened two years ago. It’s a fucking joke. Clearly it was a joke. He even said as much in the video. Quit being a bitch. That video shouldn’t move the needle at all. The fact that him and his agent have to come out and make a statement about how they felt disrespected is just fucking laughable. STFU

That Pollard performance is exactly what I wanted to see as it would put max pressure on Zeke, and Zeke is letting it be known here he is feeling that pressure.  Pollard looked smooth and took it in from 14 yds out while breaking a tackle. 

I think long term for the Cowboys it would be better off paying Dak, paying Cooper, and then running with Pollard and another back or two as running back by committee to use that 13+ mil a year or so on shoring up defense. No they won't be as good at grinding yards as they are with Zeke, but they can be a better overall team. 

Edited by Junior Miller

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

There’s no point in bringing up Kap’s name if trump is in office. He’s blackballed. He’d be on a team if he wasn’t. Josh McCown was the only logical option, but the eagles were the team that lured him out of retirement. We dropped the ball on that one.

Trump has nothing to do with Kap not having a job. Move on. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1