Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Absolutely stupid of the Cowboys to offer him that deal. Cowboys have all the leverage. Zeke plays a style and position that is devalued. Stephen should be telling the agent 

"he has 2 years and we have tags. If he shows up now and plays the last 2 seasons of his contract in good faith we won't tag him. It'll either be we work out an extension or he hits free agency. If he doesn't show up for week 1 not only will we 100 percent fully enforce every penalty available under the CBA but I guarantee we will slap the tag(s) on him. "

Zeke is the whole fucking value off the offense. They picked him 4th overall. They created their whole offense around him. Stephen already said he's the straw that stirs the drink. Are you that slow to comprehend this? You post this shit constantly and still have not realized Dallas is not other teams. The RB (Zeke) means everything.

Dallas has no real leverage. They have penciled this year as wanting to go all out for it. Are they going to be dumb enough to let Zeke sit and miss the playoffs? Nope. Hence why they offered this contract. They know this team will be shit without him. Pollard/Morris as your main RBs would be a severe drop off. They serve as change of pace backs. Zeke makes this offense go.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Literally no one has said that.

Plenty have said this offense will be just fine without Zeke and that he is so replaceable because he plays RB and every RB is just plug and play. Some in here and tons outside of here. Especially after seeing a backup RB play in the preseason and getting excited. Many honestly think a guy who even college was not even close to a bell cow will come in here and play at Zeke's level.

Did anyone watch the Steelers last year without Bell? They go from Super Bowl contenders 2 years in a row to missing the playoffs and losing the division to the fucking Ravens with Lamar Jackson who can barely throw the ball. Yeah Connor put up stats (like McFadden did) but he just did not command the attention Bell did and did not have the same impact Bell did. That's why simply pointing to stats on paper means very little without the whole story of what happened on the field. Steelers were not the same without Bell. They went from being at the top of the AFC to a team who struggled.

With Zeke, Dallas has a chance to be very fucking good. Replace him with Morris/Pollard, we are scraping by trying to get to 8 wins. 

I think on paper, this team are easily with the Saints/Rams/Bears. It's usually the coaching that holds us back and terrible offensive approach. We will see if Moore changes any of that. They are saying all the right things about he is and how the players really like him but it's still Garrett's offense so I am still skeptical. A chef can only do so much with shitty ingredients.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Zeke is the whole fucking value off the offense. They picked him 4th overall. They created their whole offense around him. Stephen already said he's the straw that stirs the drink. Are you that slow to comprehend this? You post this shit constantly and still have not realized Dallas is not other teams. The RB (Zeke) means everything.

Dallas has no real leverage. They have penciled this year as wanting to go all out for it. Are they going to be dumb enough to let Zeke sit and miss the playoffs? Nope. Hence why they offered this contract. They know this team will be shit without him. Pollard/Morris as your main RBs would be a severe drop off. They serve as change of pace backs. Zeke makes this offense

Are you that slow to comprehend that I've been saying over and over that the offense has to change and change now if they have any chance at all of winning a super bowl? Or even getting to one? Like I've said before if they keep this same style of offense then it doesn't matter what the fuck they do because it will be virtually impossible to win a title with this inefficient of an offense. 

Therefore, if their only hope is to change to a more efficient offense then that would mean Zeke cannot possibly be who the offense is built around. It has to be built around that guy who you're about to pay $34+ million to and who every rule in the fucking game favors. 

Everything I say is what they should do, and that begins with changing their style of offense. If they don't do that then there isn't much to say because they cannot win a title. Near impossibility. Case closed. 

Without Zeke it forces to them to change the way they call games and game plan in general. We’ll see a more up temp offense that isn’t playing it safe or 3 quarters or when they get a lead in the 2nd half.

With Zeke they still really good, but they have to force feed him to justify having him.

Y’all should really go read the new Sturm piece on the Atlantic. Would really like to see exactly what Dak is on a more contemporary offense with inventive play calling and not in an offense out of the 90s. I suspect, much like when they give him the ball and tell him to go win games, the offense, and he, would excel.

Plenty have said this offense will be just fine without Zeke and that he is so replaceable because he plays RB and every RB is just plug and play. Some in here and tons outside of here. Especially after seeing a backup RB play in the preseason and getting excited. Many honestly think a guy who even college was not even close to a bell cow will come in here and play at Zeke's level.

Did anyone watch the Steelers last year without Bell? They go from Super Bowl contenders 2 years in a row to missing the playoffs and losing the division to the fucking Ravens with Lamar Jackson who can barely throw the ball. Yeah Connor put up stats (like McFadden did) but he just did not command the attention Bell did and did not have the same impact Bell did. That's why simply pointing to stats on paper means very little without the whole story of what happened on the field. Steelers were not the same without Bell. They went from being at the top of the AFC to a team who struggled.

With Zeke, Dallas has a chance to be very fucking good. Replace him with Morris/Pollard, we are scraping by trying to get to 8 wins. 

I think on paper, this team are easily with the Saints/Rams/Bears. It's usually the coaching that holds us back and terrible offensive approach. We will see if Moore changes any of that. They are saying all the right things about he is and how the players really like him but it's still Garrett's offense so I am still skeptical. A chef can only do so much with shitty ingredients.

The steelers were just fine without bell...you're just leaving out context when you talk about "your stats"

Conner had 74 yards and 2 td's in chargers game he got injured in and they lost by 3 to one of the top 3 teams in the afc...then conner missed week 14(the loss to oakland)

Connor had 2 games with under 4ypc ...did conner cause the AB/Big Ben drama also

Dont do what you accuse others of doing with stats...

11 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Are you that slow to comprehend that I've been saying over and over that the offense has to change and change now if they have any chance at all of winning a super bowl? Or even getting to one? Like I've said before if they keep this same style of offense then it doesn't matter what the fuck they do because it will be virtually impossible to win a title with this inefficient of an offense. 

Therefore, if their only hope is to change to a more efficient offense then that would mean Zeke cannot possibly be who the offense is built around. It has to be built around that guy who you're about to pay $34+ million to and who every rule in the fucking game favors. 

Everything I say is what they should do, and that begins with changing their style of offense. If they don't do that then there isn't much to say because they cannot win a title. Near impossibility. Case closed. 

How does bringing in Kellen Moore as OC not count as "changing their style of offense"?

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

The steelers were just fine without bell...you're just leaving out context when you talk about "your stats"

Conner had 74 yards and 2 td's in chargers game he got injured in and they lost by 3 to one of the top 3 teams in the afc...then conner missed week 14(the loss to oakland)

Connor had 2 games with under 4ypc ...did conner cause the AB/Big Ben drama also

Dont do what you accuse others of doing with stats...

Availability is pretty damn important, so yeah, Conner wasn't Bell in that regard. Zeke hasn't missed games yet due to health.

• Fuck You 1

15 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Absolutely stupid of the Cowboys to offer him that deal. Cowboys have all the leverage. Zeke plays a style and position that is devalued. Stephen should be telling the agent 

"he has 2 years and we have tags. If he shows up now and plays the last 2 seasons of his contract in good faith we won't tag him. It'll either be we work out an extension or he hits free agency. If he doesn't show up for week 1 not only will we 100 percent fully enforce every penalty available under the CBA but I guarantee we will slap the tag(s) on him. "

You are obviously wrong about the leverage. Stephen Jones does not fuck around, and he is having to fuck around.

3 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
19 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:
Availability is pretty damn important, so yeah, Conner wasn't Bell in that regard. Zeke hasn't missed games yet due to health.

Are you saying bell doesnt miss games?

He definitely has a better track record than James Conner.

• Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

None of that means anyone said Pollard = Zeke. I think what you’re hearing is what Junior said, that we shouldn’t rely so heavily on a bell cow and move toward a committee system that’s all the rage and save the salary. Me personally I think the bell cow system works for us but fuck Zeke if he turns down Bell+ money. My point is that Jerry isn’t cheap so I am certain that Zeke is being a fucking primadonna, especially after the faux outrage over Jerry’s little joke. Take the offer and let’s fuck some shit up already. 

Edited by 'stache

56 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I just dont see how the seemingly most "dangerous" position in the NFL gets paid the least. Seems backwards to me.

Also doesn't make sense that a guy gets punished for being drafted higher. Meaning the 4th round guy gets extended before the 1st round guy.

The first round guy has made a lot more than the 4th round guy. In Zeke's case, 25 mil over 4 years with a 16.3 mil signing bonus. So yea, poor Zeke is getting screwed. Add in the 1-year option and it's 35 mil over 5 years. I don't think anyone is getting screwed here. 

The RB position is also one of the easiest to learn and play. It's not very hard to find a good back in the later rounds, even undrafted FA. 

So the Brady and Belichick combo, the greatest QB and arguably greatest coach in the history of the sport, in 20 years together could never figure out how to win a title any season in which Brady was a top 10 paid QB, but all of a suddenly the last 23 year inept Cowboys are going to figure out how to win a title with a top 3 paid QB, WR, and RB to go along with by far the most expensive offensive line in the league? 

Yeah... This isn't the NBA. You can't win with 2 super stars and a bunch of scrubs. This last year of cheap Dak is the last chance they have to win. Once just Dak's contract hits the window is slammed shut. 

Edited by Junior Miller

1 hour ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The first round guy has made a lot more than the 4th round guy. In Zeke's case, 25 mil over 4 years with a 16.3 mil signing bonus. So yea, poor Zeke is getting screwed. Add in the 1-year option and it's 35 mil over 5 years. I don't think anyone is getting screwed here. 

The RB position is also one of the easiest to learn and play. It's not very hard to find a good back in the later rounds, even undrafted FA. 

Zeke is a legitimate hall of fame talent. He is playing for peanuts right now when you take that into consideration.

42 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

So the Brady and Belichick combo, the greatest QB and arguably greatest coach in the history of the sport, in 20 years together could never figure out how to win a title any season in which Brady was a top 10 paid QB, but all of a suddenly the last 23 year inept Cowboys are going to figure out how to win a title with a top 3 paid QB, WR, and RB to go along with by far the most expensive offensive line in the league? 

Yeah... This isn't the NBA. You can't win with 2 super stars and a bunch of scrubs. This last year of cheap Dak is the last chance they have to win. Once just Dak's contract hits the window is slammed shut. 

We don’t have fucking Bill Belichick. Jimmy ain’t walking through that door. We have a puppet master and a poser running this show. The Cowboys have been inept because of them. The rest of the team isn’t or won’t be a bunch of scrubs wtf.

Edited by Dropout
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

2 superstars and a bunch of scrubs? Lmao. You are doubling down on stupid.

And we aren't NE. No one in the history of this league is NE. So to compare to them is dumb as shit. No team should compare themselves to what they are doing.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

It was always obvious Dallas was not going to go into week 1 without Zeke. Him and his agent played it correctly. They held all the power here. b382e15a2752173ef412c75b5040ee64.jpg

He just said on the radio that the deal is closer to Gurley than Bell in AAV, but the guarantees will have to be earned more than Gurley.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

He just said on the radio that the deal is closer to Gurley than Bell in AAV, but the guarantees will have to be earned more than Gurley.

Yep I heard that. They are going to make Zeke earn it which is not a bad thing. No one has ever questioned Zeke's work ethic or what he does on the field. I think the NFL knows that Gurley deal was pretty dumb and it will be corrected in the market. They tell Zeke he can end up earning the most by a RB if he meets the incentives, which I am sure are fair and reasonable. 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

69593384_415198122448781_444708375474523

68814346_415198119115448_675479599815065

Navy with white pants just sort of defeats the whole purpose. The blue and silver is awesome.

Why are all these teams wearing white at home? This would have to be a record for the Cowboys wearing blue jerseys in a single season.

Without any research, I believe the blues came out once or twice a season, usually against a division opponent on the road the past few years?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

There used to be the idea that the Blue jerseys were jinxed. The only time we wore them was against division opponents because they would switch their jerseys when they played at home against the Cowboys. The St. Louis Cardinals, Eagles, and Redskins always did it while the Giants never did. Fun fact, of their 8 SB appearances only one included the Cowboys wearing their blue jerseys....and they lost to the Colts 16-13. Personally, my favorite uniforms are their original ones with the white helmets with a blue star, the blue jerseys, and white pants. Those are sharp as hell. My least favorite are the ones they are most famous for wearing.

c762d54080b6dbc497b73f8fd1532e69.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

There used to be the idea that the Blue jerseys were jinxed. The only time we wore them was against division opponents because they would switch their jerseys when they played at home against the Cowboys. The St. Louis Cardinals, Eagles, and Redskins always did it while the Giants never did. Fun fact, of their 8 SB appearances only one included the Cowboys wearing their blue jerseys....and they lost to the Colts 16-13. Personally, my favorite uniforms are their original ones with the white helmets with a blue star, the blue jerseys, and white pants. Those are sharp as hell. My least favorite are the ones they are most famous for wearing.

c762d54080b6dbc497b73f8fd1532e69.jpg

We aren’t allowed to wear these anymore, right? What’s the story behind that? Also, thinking the blues are better than the whites is one thing (I couldn’t disagree with you more), but not liking these jerseys is just plain ridiculous lol

We aren’t allowed to wear these anymore, right? What’s the story behind that? Also, thinking the blues are better than the whites is one thing (I couldn’t disagree with you more), but not liking these jerseys is just plain ridiculous lol
We cant wear those anymore because of the nfl helmet rules now...jerry tried to fight so we could wear them on Thanksgiving like we did but nfl said no.

Have to wear the same helmet or some bs now