The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

NOT ONE PLAY over 50 yards. There is an incredible amazing unit of room for improvement and replacing the dink and dunk brute strength with more polish in the passing game is not quite that tall of task

Love the username.....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, USMCHorn said:

Just announced: Game is at 6:30pm CST on ABC, and that all but assures Gameday will be in Austin for the first time in over a decade.

Excellent, I'm expecting a USC-type atmosphere, and hoping for a similar result, although I don't see us blowing LSU out of the water like we did USC.

I am going to be at this game. I'm going to be so &*%^ing sexy, I don't think the LSU fans can handle it. Just like how the Longhorn D won't be able to handle LSU's pass happy, wide-open offense. We've never seen an offense like that. I hear our coaching staff is already flummoxed, and has turned their focus to qualifying for the Fortnite World Cup.

Burrow shouldn't scare anyone who's actually paying attention.  He's can drive the bus and occasionally make a play with his feet.  It's LSU's defense that is the strength of the team.  Unlike most SEC teams, they will take big risks to penetrate and disrupt - high risk, high reward.  They will need to produce turnovers and field position to have much of a shot at winning the game.  If LSU's offense has to march the length of the field, they will be lucky to score 20 points. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

where exactly did i say that?  i'm aware of Ehlinger's intangibles.

many of you are seemingly unaware that more than one QB can possess the same intangibles.

You attacked me and questioned my judgement for saying Sam was the better QB.  So obviously we're talking about a COMPARISON here.  Sam is statistically better AND has better intangibles.  That does not mean Burrow is lacking in intangibles.  It means Sam has more of them.  I can analyze football and diagram a sentence.  Should I question if you actually ever went to college?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, USMCHorn said:

Just announced: Game is at 6:30pm CST on ABC, and that all but assures Gameday will be in Austin for the first time in over a decade.

Hope Herbstreit makes it out of the cesspool unscathed.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

first time for Texas to be featured as ABC's premier Saturday night college football broadcast since 2013, when the Longhorns game against Kansas State was featured by the network.

weren't we on ABC night game in Stillwater last year? 

5 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Some people just don’t understand...

LSU has ATHLETES. With SPEED.

You make a good point.  But what if those speedy players hesitate or run in the wrong direction?   Is that still good?  I only played middle school football so this discussion is probably way over my head.  

LSU is going to be the most talented team we face next year and by far the best defense, which is not only loaded with great athletes but coached by a great DC. You have to give them their due. I expect it to be tough sledding on offense for Texas. LSU should be confident and optimistic that they can hang with anybody on that side of the ball.

On offense, who knows what to expect from them. It's the longest running joke in college football that they are opening up the offense "this year."  Every off season you hear this and then lo and behold, they show the same predictable, run-first, vanilla grind it out garbage that they always have. I get that they hired the guy from the Saints to install RPOs, but they still have the same Greg Davis lite coordinator as last year. Their offense going against a pretty young Texas defense, I think, will determine the game. That, and any turnover or early season special teams weirdness.

There are two other key factors that lean towards Texas: (1)  LSU is a totally different team away from Baton Rouge. They played a grand total of 4 true road games last year in which they beat a middling Auburn by 1, beat an awful Arkansas by 7, lost to a decent Florida team by 8, and lost in that 7 OT bullshit against aggy; and (2) they are coached by a full-fledged idiot. I have no idea how you manage to go out of the frying pan of coaching imbeciles in Les Miles and into the fire of dumbassery that is Ed Orgeron, but they somehow did it. Congrats? I guess part of the deal is that we stole their guy in Herman and I know Orgeron recruits like a motherfucker, but holy shitballs they couldn't find ANYBODY more competent that him? If this game comes down to coaching, I like the guy who is not a raging dumbass.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

LSU is going to be the most talented team we face next year and by far the best defense, which is not only loaded with great athletes but coached by a great DC. You have to give them their due. I expect it to be tough sledding on offense for Texas. LSU should be confident and optimistic that they can hang with anybody on that side of the ball.

On offense, who knows what to expect from them. It's the longest running joke in college football that they are opening up the offense "this year."  Every off season you hear this and then lo and behold, they show the same predictable, run-first, vanilla grind it out garbage that they always have. I get that they hired the guy from the Saints to install RPOs, but they still have the same Greg Davis lite coordinator as last year. Their offense going against a pretty young Texas defense, I think, will determine the game. That, and any turnover or early season special teams weirdness.

There are two other key factors that lean towards Texas: (1)  LSU is a totally different team away from Baton Rouge. They played a grand total of 4 true road games last year in which they beat a middling Auburn by 1, beat an awful Arkansas by 7, lost to a decent Florida team by 8, and lost in that 7 OT bullshit against aggy; and (2) they are coached by a full-fledged idiot. I have no idea how you manage to go out of the frying pan of coaching imbeciles in Les Miles and into the fire of dumbassery that is Ed Orgeron, but they somehow did it. Congrats? I guess part of the deal is that we stole their guy in Herman and I know Orgeron recruits like a motherfucker, but holy shitballs they couldn't find ANYBODY more competent that him? If this game comes down to coaching, I like the guy who is not a raging dumbass.

Excellent stuff.  I can't help but think back to when Texas "changed" their offense in the off season before 2015 and how well that went for them.  I wish LSU similar success.

I also hope we kick off the Jumbo to LSU rumors around midnight of Sept. 7th.

6 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

LSU is going to be the most talented team we face next year and by far the best defense, which is not only loaded with great athletes but coached by a great DC.

Difficult to claim they will be the most talented team/ best defense that Texas faces when we don't know who Texas will be facing in OU and in the post season.  The only constant is the hype campaign by the SEC is very effective.  Maybe they roll out a new offense and it works.  Maybe they look like Shawn Watson's new offense.    Maybe they look like Bill Callahan's Nebraska squad.   Or maybe go fuck myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

You attacked me and questioned my judgement for saying Sam was the better QB.  So obviously we're talking about a COMPARISON here.  Sam is statistically better AND has better intangibles.  That does not mean Burrow is lacking in intangibles.  It means Sam has more of them.  I can analyze football and diagram a sentence.  Should I question if you actually ever went to college?

Considering the team he roots for, I’d say it’s extremely fair to question if he received a college-level education. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Considering the team he roots for, I’d say it’s extremely fair to question if he received a college-level education. 

Monies might've been paid to an institution post high school, but that is by no means indicative that it was for a college-level education.

6 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

You know what happens when you get soap in your dickhole in the shower?

Peter burns

He is doing us a big favor. Herman is great at putting that chip on his team's shoulder. I mean he would probably pretend everybody thought LSU would throttle us even if they weren't but it doesn't hurt that this actually exists.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Difficult to claim they will be the most talented team/ best defense that Texas faces when we don't know who Texas will be facing in OU and in the post season.  The only constant is the hype campaign by the SEC is very effective.  Maybe they roll out a new offense and it works.  Maybe they look like Shawn Watson's new offense.    Maybe they look like Bill Callahan's Nebraska squad.   Or maybe go fuck myself.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/lsu/90981

Maybe I'm not plugged in to SECSECSEC but don't they usually have a great experienced OL and stable of badass runningbacks? I mean, these OL are fucking huge, averaging like 325 lbs. But Freshman and Sophomores except the RG.

That defense though - a 370 lb nose tackle at 6'-3". Wew, I hope we run HNH the whole game.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Screen grabbing this one so I can bring it back up on 9/7/19 at roughly 11 PM.

you could sub out LSU for UGA and this is exactly what all those moronic talking heads said last year.

Which makes me question they actually believe it. They are just playing some kind of stupid dishonest social media game to stir up controversy and get clicks.

I would say that that is a dangerous game for ESPN to play because it hurts their credibility, which is also important to their brand, but they kind of lost their cred as an interesting sports commentator long ago.

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

8 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Monies might've been paid to an institution post high school, but that is by no means indicative that it was for a college-level education.

Harsh but fair.

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/lsu/90981

Maybe I'm not plugged in to SECSECSEC but don't they usually have a great experienced OL and stable of badass runningbacks? I mean, these OL are fucking huge, averaging like 325 lbs. But Freshman and Sophomores except the RG.

That defense though - a 370 lb nose tackle at 6'-3". Wew, I hope we run HNH the whole game.

According to our resident LSU fan, that fat NT has lost a bunch of weight. That being said, their big slow OL should be in for a treat against our quicker lineman, ala Georgia. 

22 hours ago, Zavala said:

Well Gawgia coughed up the ball 4 times against lsu vs. only 2 times vs. Texas... But still..

Passing

15-30, 200 yds, 65.7 QBR

Passing

19-27, 169 yds, 69.1 QBR

Rushing

13-66 yds, 2 TDs (59 yd long, so the other 12 carries were a total of 7 yds)

Rushing

21-64 yds, 3 TDs (17 yd long)

Receiving 

Receiving

1-8 yds

Also in the stat line was Devin White making 13 total tackles.

Anyway, just watch the two play all season, your eyes aren't lying to you.

Completion % and team rushing...different games, different stats. Sam put up those stats with Georgia scheming to stop him. Burrow got stats (50% completion rate) with a running game that was dominant the entire game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Which makes me question they actually believe it. They are just playing some kind of stupid dishonest social media game to stir up controversy and get clicks.

I would say that that is a dangerous game for ESPN to play because it hurts their credibility, which is also important to their brand, but they kind of lost their cred as an interesting sports commentator long ago.

It's Disney Sports. 

61b9ef2a5e51957bc461d2a4wfewff83b442f.jp

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jinx said:

Excellent stuff.  I can't help but think back to when Texas "changed" their offense in the off season before 2015 and how well that went for them.  I wish LSU similar success.  I also hope we kick off the Jumbo to LSU rumors around midnight of Sept. 7th.

Hope your username is right...