The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

11 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Chip Brown has has the matted, damp hair, the clenched forced smile, and the hollow eyes of a man who is sweating out a hangover while bringing on another. He looks like he is shifting between work and 3-4 different tables on an online poker website. He probably does a fuck ton of cocaine just to use it as an excuse for his impotency. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I guess this what LSU fans think their offense id supposed yo look like:

So an unnamed coach that's basically the equivalent of a GA on the Saints staff is now going to come in as LSU's co-WR coach (not offensive coordinator) and install the Saints offense in one season? Riiiiight. Good luck with that, LSU.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:40 PM, Modessit said:

It will be fun to run this guy's day.0b99465da22d274f966f359b67cbea6b.jpg

Some day this fat piece of shit will end up in a nursing home if a heart attack doesn't get him first and some poor son of a bitch will have to wipe his ass for him.  and people ask why people who work in nursing homes go postal and hold pillows over people's faces

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Some day this fat piece of shit will end up in a nursing home if a heart attack doesn't get him first and some poor son of a bitch will have to wipe his ass for him.  and people ask why people who work in nursing homes go postal and hold pillows over people's faces

tenor.gif?itemid=10516427

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

I don't think he has the ability to wipe his own ass now.  

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

I don't think he has the ability to wipe his own ass now.  

yeah he probably just shakes up a miller lite then opens it in the direction of his ass, best he can hope for,  Japanese toilets way too advanced for this fat fuck

• Like 4

14 hours ago, alphahorn said:

Ben-Stiller-Shh-dont-tell.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Chip got that chemo-bloat look on him. Bad wig kinda confirmatory. Also seems like he's had a left-lateral earectomy. T&P.

He's always given me the impression that he was somebody's 3rd grade art project and he's actually made out of tooth picks and papier mache. I'm pretty sure he's had a lip transplant surgery gone wrong at some point, too.

But I try not to focus on that. His superficial character flaws are so numerous, but even so, they do not overwhelm his fundamental character flaws.

This is going to be a very fun match up.  Their highly recruited WRs against our highly recruited DBs.  They also have a badass secondary but we are a match up nightmare for DBs.  Not too many teams have 6’6 and 6’7 WRs.  If I’m Herman, I’m putting our a similar lineup out there as last year with Epps, CJ, and Duv.  Sub Eagles in there too.  You can cover a guy as well as possible but if he’s 6 inches taller, not much you can do against jump balls.  If I’m Orlando, I’m selling out to stop the run and going to force Burrow to beat us with his arm.  

This is going to be a very fun match up.  Their highly recruited WRs against our highly recruited DBs.  They also have a badass secondary but we are a match up nightmare for DBs.  Not too many teams have 6’6 and 6’7 WRs.If I’m Herman, I’m putting our a similar lineup out there as last year with Epps, CJ, and Duv.  Sub Eagles in there too.  You can cover a guy as well as possible but if he’s 6 inches taller, not much you can do against jump balls.  If I’m Orlando, I’m selling out to stop the run and going to force Burrow to beat us with his arm.  

well, except...us.
  • Like 1

Seems to me LSU has a roster ready made for the Power Spread game when you look at their actual receiving depth:

NO NAME POS HT WT CLASS HOMETOWN
#34 Zach Sheffer TE 6'-3" 223 FR Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
#41 Carlton Smith TE 6'-3" 235 FR Houston, TX
#42 Aaron Moffitt TE 6'-3" 262 FR Baton Rouge, LA
#45 Stephen King TE 6'-7" 242 FR Alexandria, VA
#49 Jansen Mayea TE 6'-4" 237 FR New Iberia, LA
#17 Racey McMath TE 6'-3" 221 SO New Orleans, LA
#80 Jamal Pettigrew TE 6'-7" 241 SO New Orleans, LA
#81 Thaddeus Moss TE 6'-3" 225 SO Charleston, WV
#41 David Ducre TE 6'-1" 242 SR Slidell, LA
#88 Jacory Washington TE 6'-5" 245 SR

Westlake, LA

#1 Ja'Marr Chase WR 6'-1" 205 FR Metairie, LA
#28 Danny Bushland WR 6'-1" 178 FR Austin, TX
#6 Terrace Marshall Jr. WR 6'-4" 209 FR Bossier City, LA
#82 Kenan Jones WR 6'-3" 210 FR Berwick, LA
#83 Jaray Jenkins WR 6'-3" 194 FR Jena, LA
#85 Michael Martin WR 5'-8" 168 FR Baton Rouge, LA
#86 Aaron Hodoh WR 6'-4" 181 FR Prairieville, LA
#10 Stephen Sullivan WR 6'-7" 232 JR Donaldsonville, LA
#11 Dee Anderson WR 6'-6" 229 JR Desoto, TX
#12 Jonathan Giles WR 6'-1" 186 JR Missouri City, TX
#14 Drake Davis WR 6'-4" 220 JR Baton Rouge, LA
#19 Derrick Dillon WR 5'-11" 184 JR Franklinton, LA
#87 Wesley McKoy WR 6'-0" 192 JR Englewood Cliffs, NJ
#2 Justin Jefferson WR 6'-2" 185 SO Destrehan, LA
#38 Keith Fulton WR 5'-10" 199 SO Metairie, LA
#89 Colby Brunet WR 5'-11" 186 SO Metairie, LA
#30 Michael Ostrom WR 6'-0" 188 SR Baton Rouge, LA

And yeah, 7 WR 6'3" or taller, and a couple of 6'7" TEs too. I don't know how many of these guys in the above list are walkons, but it's safe to say they've got some bigger receivers.

20 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Seems to me LSU has a roster ready made for the Power Spread game when you look at their actual receiving depth:

Westlake, LA

And yeah, 7 WR 6'3" or taller, and a couple of 6'7" TEs too. I don't know how many of these guys in the above list are walkons, but it's safe to say they've got some bigger receivers.

#86 "Hey Ronald, hold the door"... or Aaron Hodoh in ogre

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Marshall, Jefferson, Chase, Sullivan, Anderson, Dillon, McMath will see close to equal time. the first four listed are our starters.

A bunch of guys who will get 30 catches per year at LSU and then go on to have succes in the NFL becuase those teams don’t waste their natural talent.

On 6/8/2019 at 2:41 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

Westlake, LA

btw, this was last year's roster.  subtract the two seniors as well as Drake Davis and J. Giles, and add Trey Palmer and Devonta Lee.  otherwise it's the same.

12 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

btw, this was last year's roster.  subtract the two seniors as well as Drake Davis and J. Giles, and add Trey Palmer and Devonta Lee.  otherwise it's the same.

Just proves y'all have been wasting WRs for a while now. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir on that one, but Jeebus. Given the talent LSU regularly draws, y'all ought to have a top 10 offense year in and year out.

9 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Serious question @Kyrie Eleison, what do you make of y'all's new offense? Obviously there's always hope in a new system but they often come with their own set of problems. Is the general consensus more "fuck yeah, we got a real offense now!" homerism or is there genuine optimism based on something?

there's a lot of factors here.  first, Burrow didn't arrive on campus last year until June, and when he was named the starter we immediately had 2 back-ups transfer (McMillan and Narcisse) leaving only 1 scholarship QB for back-up...Myles Brennan.  and unknown to anyone until after the season was that Brennan had a shoulder impingement through the season that made it impossible for him to see the field until the Rice game were something to happen to Burrow.  so we were forced to protect Burrow as much as possible.

second, the receivers were young...two true freshman starters in Chase and Marshall, and two true sophs in Sullivan and Jefferson.  along with a QB who was just getting his feet wet there were some early season hiccups.  add to that an extremely weak RB corp with no horses to call on and it was until later in the season that we got things rolling.  look at the stats from the last 5 games vs. the first 5 games.

so even without any changes in the O i would be much more confident with the returning experience at QB and WR, as well as us having two extremely good freshman RBs coming in (John Emery and Ty Davis) to fill the void that was the RB position. 

the changes that are coming on O with Brady are anyone's guess, but i suspect it'll be subtle...different route trees, different reads on the RPO, and getting our RBs in space in the passing game a'la Alvin Kamara.  it'll be much more diverse and quick hitting with a variety of good options all the way around but still physical...personally, i also can't see us wasting Tory Carter (our 265lb. meas as fuck fullback/H back who relishes sending your tonsils through your asshole...dude can flat-out stick).

in short, we were limited for a variety of reasons laid above last year but still managed to have a damn good year all things considered.  this year we won't have that issue, and add to that the new wrinkles and i'm confident.

put it to you this way...going into last year we were ranked 122 in the nation in returning production and still managed 10 wins against pretty tough schedule.  

going into this year we're 15th...with significant upgrades at RB.

• Like 3

On 6/10/2019 at 10:24 AM, Kyrie Eleison said:

put it to you this way...going into last year we were ranked 122 in the nation in returning production and still managed 10 wins against pretty tough schedule.  

going into this year we're 15th...with significant upgrades at RB.

Seriously, and it should have been 11 wins but you idiots couldn't take care of business against the ags.  In general I like LSU,  but I'm not sure I can ever forgive you for that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Seriously, and it should have been 11 wins but you idiots couldn't take care of business against the ags.  In general I like LSU,  but I'm not sure I can ever forgive you for that.

I have a much more jolly collegial attitude towards LSU when they're beating A&M. Same with Arkansas. When they can't do that, I view them with far more contempt. 

23 minutes ago, utee94 said:

10 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I have a much more jolly collegial attitude towards LSU when they're beating A&M. Same with Arkansas. When they can't do that, I view them with far more contempt. 

In all fairness they had 2 opponents that night. The officials really fucked them.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:24 AM, Kyrie Eleison said:

look at the stats from the last 5 games vs. the first 5 games.

First 5 games, total yards:

Miami - 296

SE La - 335

Auburn - 370

La Tech - 417

Ole Miss - 573

Average = 398.2

Last 5 games, total yards:

Alabama - 196

Arkansas - 359

Rice - 552

A&M - 496 (including 130 yds in the OTs)

UCF - 555

Average if you take out the OT yardage = 405.6

I fail to see how this 7 yard difference is instructional. You were impotent against Bama, one of the best defenses in the country. Arkansas was 2-8. Rice was 1-11. They were two of the worst teams in all of college football last year. A&M had a middling defense with bad DB play. Yards are skewed by the OTs. I suppose the UCF numbers are impressive, but they played without their QB and two time AAC player of the year and still gave you a game. They couldn't move the ball consistently and only held it for 15 total minutes. LSU ran up a bunch of second half yards on a worn out AAC defense but credit to them for wearing them out.

Maybe the eyeball test is different from the stats and maybe there is some recency bias from the Fiesta Bowl, but I'm really not seeing a massive improvement. 

• Like 7

On 6/18/2019 at 11:53 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

First 5 games, total yards:

Miami - 296

SE La - 335

Auburn - 370

La Tech - 417

Ole Miss - 573

Average = 398.2

Last 5 games, total yards:

Alabama - 196

Arkansas - 359

Rice - 552

A&M - 496 (including 130 yds in the OTs)

UCF - 555

Average if you take out the OT yardage = 405.6

I fail to see how this 7 yard difference is instructional. You were impotent against Bama, one of the best defenses in the country. Arkansas was 2-8. Rice was 1-11. They were two of the worst teams in all of college football last year. A&M had a middling defense with bad DB play. Yards are skewed by the OTs. I suppose the UCF numbers are impressive, but they played without their QB and two time AAC player of the year and still gave you a game. They couldn't move the ball consistently and only held it for 15 total minutes. LSU ran up a bunch of second half yards on a worn out AAC defense but credit to them for wearing them out.

Maybe the eyeball test is different from the stats and maybe there is some recency bias from the Fiesta Bowl, but I'm really not seeing a massive improvement. 

The stats don't lie.  Against any defense with a pulse, LSU's offense struggled to crack 24 points unless they got multiple turnovers or big plays from special teams.  That was true from start to finish.  The narrative of improvement as the season went on is simply a comforting meme with little or no basis in fact.