Cowboys: QB 2019

Kyle

as I know that mike white will probably not be given the chance he deserves, perhaps there are other avenues.  fat patricia is a new coach up in detroit and he has a dumpster fire on his hands.  would he and the lions brass be dumb enough to take dak and some picks for stafford?  amari could approach megatron numbers with defenses accounting for zeke’s legs.

14 minutes ago, futureman said:

as I know that mike white will probably not be given the chance he deserves, perhaps there are other avenues.  fat patricia is a new coach up in detroit and he has a dumpster fire on his hands.  would he and the lions brass be dumb enough to take dak and some picks for stafford?  amari could approach megatron numbers with defenses accounting for zeke’s legs.

Like to get Strafford but don’t see it happening.  

Just now, Horn80 said:

Like to get Strafford but don’t see it happening.  

of course it won’t happen.  this is the dallas qb fantasy thread.  jerry isn’t dead and we are locked in to ginger and dak and 8-8 and one playoff win every five years.  that is our reality.  but fantasy is more fun.  

stafford would absolutely destroy defenses with zeke and play action. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, futureman said:

of course it won’t happen.  this is the dallas qb fantasy thread.  jerry isn’t dead and we are locked in to ginger and dak and 8-8 and one playoff win every five years.  that is our reality.  but fantasy is more fun.  

stafford would absolutely destroy defenses with zeke and play action. 

Good points...

I keep thinking about what went well this season and what went poorly and I keep ending up on injuries to the OL and on Dak. 

I like Dak a lot, but he just doesn't seem to be quite accurate enough when we need him to be. 

The Stafford idea is intriguing. He still has at least 5-7 good years left, if not a few more, and he's from Dallas. Stafford himself might actually find that idea intriguing. 

58 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Actually, my Cowboy fan buddy thinks Jerry Jones will make a play for Foles.

I think it would be a good idea. Dak seems like a really good team guy but he's not championship level accurate, imo.

Your buddy is almost certainly going to be wrong.  Foles without a WC based offense isn't really very good, go check the stats.  Love the guy, but he's also going to be 20 million or more.... it's not a thing unless Dak gets suspended or something.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Oh I’m not going to make an age/salary argument. I’m just saying he is better. And recent NFL history suggests you can win, repeatedly, with an older QB. Brady. P. Manning. Brees. Rodgers and Roethlisberger in most years. Rivers, though that argument is more flawed. Stafford is closer to Ben and Phil and may be on their level. Dak is not. 

I was impressed with Dak more than I thought in the back half of the year than I ever have been, but combined with coaching staff, I don’t think he will ever win us a playoff shootout. And this year more than any other demonstrates we need that. 

All of those guys had already won a SB, let alone made an appearance, by this time in Stafford's career and life.  So basically your comparisons are like Jim Plunkett and Rich Gannon.  Maybe he could be like Jim Plunkett and go to a team and revive his career.  Stafford's been trapped in a shitty system the last few years but none of Stafford career high stats actually reach Dak's career highs in 3 years.  Stafford hasn't evolved very much really.  Great arm, tough guy, always seems to make a big mistake in crunch time.  He's a lot like Kirk Cousins, who actually has better numbers..... You want to trade assets and pay more for Kirk Cousins?  Dak may not be the answer but it's extremely doubtful Stafford or Cousins are.  

the rams corners were giving us huge cushions all night because they were selling out to stop the run and basically telling us to beat them with our shit quarterback.  dak is limited as a passer and sucks so he couldn’t take advantage of it and continued to check down and maintain his respectable completion percentage while keeping our offense from doing anything in terms of scoring or maintaining possession.  he flat out sucks and will never, ever make it through a full playoff run against capable teams playing defense with their season on the line.  

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Dak just completed his 3rd season, would like to see how good he can be with some real coaching before I’m ready to move on from him.  He does need to work on his accuracy but again, I attribute that to coaching.  

Oddly, when he's got good protection and plenty of time, it seems like he missed easy passes to wide open receivers. When he's pressured and making throws on the run, he tends to look like Joe Montana. Not a good option when you (when healthy) have a great O-line. :) Maybe he over-thinks it and is better off on instinct.

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Rivers has been to a Super Bowl?  The issue with Dak proponents is that they actually think Stafford and Cousins are inferior options to Dak. 

I’d take any post 2010 3-year stretch of Stafford over Dak’s preceding 3. I’d trade 8 QBR points for 1,000 yards and a half dozen INTs, because I know that his chance-taking usually meets with success to the overall detriment of QBR.  And with Zeke, we are going to score appreciably more than under Dak. Cousins is similar. 

The problem with hecklers is they don't show their work.  They make broad statements and aggressively assert silly opinions without actually supporting them with any evidence or data.  Read what you just wrote.  You'd trade efficiency for more yards and turnovers and you allege it will meet with more success even though QBR will suffer?  How so?  Examples?  Can you support your theory?  Because Matt Stafford has a 46.8% winning percentage.  His best 3 year stint is 19-13 where he made the playoffs twice, went 0-2 in the WC games, threw 35 picks and never had a QBR over 66.5.  I don't think Stafford's a bad QB at all, but he's certainly not elite nor would he be a huge difference maker in the run first offense we employ.  

Dak's not an elite QB, but he isn't a scrub or jag either.  I have no problem moving on from Dak if folks would present reasonable and realistic options to the QB situation.  Trading for Matt Stafford is asinine.  Signing Nick Foles is interesting but I doubt we would want to pay the price in free agency and he doesn't appreciably improve accuracy (61.6% completion rate with 41% on deep ball accuracy).  Again, he may not be a schematic fit as he's played in other systems and been poor.  Otherwise, we generally have a fanbase of complainers.  Of bitch boys.  They don't provide any analysis or alternatives, they complain about the current players and when asked how should the team improve the situation, give half assed and lazy answers.... like you're doing.

• Like 1

The problem with hecklers is they don't show their work.  They make broad statements and aggressively assert silly opinions without actually supporting them with any evidence or data.  Read what you just wrote.  You'd trade efficiency for more yards and turnovers and you allege it will meet with more success even though QBR will suffer?  How so?  Examples?  Can you support your theory?  Because Matt Stafford has a 46.8% winning percentage.  His best 3 year stint is 19-13 where he made the playoffs twice, went 0-2 in the WC games, threw 35 picks and never had a QBR over 66.5.  I don't think Stafford's a bad QB at all, but he's certainly not elite nor would he be a huge difference maker in the run first offense we employ.  
Dak's not an elite QB, but he isn't a scrub or jag either.  I have no problem moving on from Dak if folks would present reasonable and realistic options to the QB situation.  Trading for Matt Stafford is asinine.  Signing Nick Foles is interesting but I doubt we would want to pay the price in free agency and he doesn't appreciably improve accuracy (61.6% completion rate with 41% on deep ball accuracy).  Again, he may not be a schematic fit as he's played in other systems and been poor.  Otherwise, we generally have a fanbase of complainers.  Of bitch boys.  They don't provide any analysis or alternatives, they complain about the current players and when asked how should the team improve the situation, give half assed and lazy answers.... like you're doing.

I think Stafford — and maybe Cousins — are definite upgrades over Dak on the field but their contracts are insane compared to their contributions. Dak’s contract, at the moment anyway, is extremely team-friendly.

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think Stafford — and maybe Cousins — are definite upgrades over Dak on the field but their contracts are insane compared to their contributions. Dak’s contract, at the moment anyway, is extremely team-friendly.

yeah but dak will get stafford/cousins money.  and then we’ll have to get rid of some of the players who are actually winning these games, and we’ll be locked into 7-9 bullshit for the duration of dak’s contract, which will go down as one of the worst contracts in the history of the league if he gets a maxed out deal. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

yeah but dak will get stafford/cousins money.  and then we’ll have to get rid of some of the players who are actually winning these games, and we’ll be locked into 7-9 bullshit for the duration of dak’s contract, which will go down as one of the worst contracts in the history of the league if he gets a maxed out deal. 

I think he'll get a step down from Stafford/Cousins -- at least he should. I'm sort of OK with Dak at $15M/year but once you get to $20M+ fuck that, let's find somebody else.

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think he'll get a step down from Stafford/Cousins -- at least he should. I'm sort of OK with Dak at $15M/year but once you get to $20M+ fuck that, let's find somebody else.

I think he's going to fleece the Cowboys.  Not so much that he's got them duped but what are their options without him?  Trade everything for a top pick or hope to find another late round gem.