Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

10 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Ignatuis J Reilly passed away today. He was an amazing dog for my aunt and grandmother. My grandmother has not been in good health lately, but she has had Iggy by her side.

Image may contain: dog and indoor

“Canned food is a perversion. I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul.” 

"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."

Oh man, that looks like Biff.  Love beagles.  Hook em Iggy.

Went to a wedding this weekend and had to take the dogs along last minute.  Found out Biff does not do well in hotels by himself.  Apparently he barked for 3 straight hours while we were at rehearsal dinner.  Wife skipped the actual wedding to avoid any more complaints.  We got him some CBD treats that apparently helped, but I think we can say that's the last time he gets left alone in a hotel.  Dammit.

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Went to a wedding this weekend and had to take the dogs along last minute.  Found out Biff does not do well in hotels by himself.  Apparently he barked for 3 straight hours while we were at rehearsal dinner.  Wife skipped the actual wedding to avoid any more complaints.  We got him some CBD treats that apparently helped, but I think we can say that's the last time he gets left alone in a hotel.  Dammit.

Had a lab that was the same way. Luckily I didn't find out the hard way like you and only had to leave him alone for a few minutes.

Just got back from aggy vet school. Gonna start weaning Blue of her meds. Fingers crossed.

I was on my phone in the exam room, reading the "Tell Me About Texas A&M" thread, and didn't look up when the vet walked in. 

"Reading anything good?"

"Just trying to learn about A&M."

"That's great!"

Lulz.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 4:58 PM, Biff Tannen said:

We had a dog that was fantastic traveling. Until we left him alone in the car.  He then proceeded to chew through not one, not two, not three but all four seatbelts.  That was an expensive lesson to learn. 

• Like 1

My only real complaint with A&M in the 7 months we've been going there is that I haven't seen the same vet or vet student once. Dog has a serious problem, yet it just gets passed on the the next person every time. Some continuity would be nice.

So Biscuit got himself fed a bit too many table scraps in the last week as we've had a lot of company come see the new baby - He got himself a nice little bacterial infestation of his guts and had to go on some probiotics, anti-diarrheal, and antibiotics to whether the shitstorm that came about the last couple days... 

I'm posting this because it's 2:30am and I think I may have to evacuate the house. He has unleashed a fart that may rewrite some laws of chemistry. 

This dog weighs 12 lbs. He could've won the Battle of Verdun with this thing. 

• Like 5

Pretty sure my 15 plus year old Dalmatian has gone deaf. God bless her. Came home today, and she didn't know I was even there until I came right up in front of her. No longer barks when the other dogs are barking. *sigh*

Bummer 15 is pretty long run for a Dalmatian isn’t it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A lady I work with told me she ran into a friend, who works at the aggy vet hospital, at one of her dog events last weekend. She mentioned to her that I have been taking my dog there to deal with her liver shunt, to which the woman responded, "Blue?! Is it Blue?!"

Apparently, this dog has won the entire teaching hospital over. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 3

That makes me smile.  A good dog, like Blue clearly is, will echo through the ages.  I know for a fact I’ll never for the rest of my life have a dog like Crosby.  And that’s OK.  Because I had him.  And I’ll remember him forever, when the time comes for him to be a memory, which I hope is a long ways away.    Whenever it is,I had the greatest dog, who loves me more than most of my family.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2019 at 8:33 PM, Deej said:

Pretty sure my 15 plus year old Dalmatian has gone deaf. God bless her. Came home today, and she didn't know I was even there until I came right up in front of her. No longer barks when the other dogs are barking. *sigh*

I discovered this about my 12 year old Lab today.  She is totally deaf and it seemed like it cam on all the sudden.  Really a bummer.

On 3/29/2019 at 11:48 PM, Sbbruin said:

That makes me smile.  A good dog, like Blue clearly is, will echo through the ages.  I know for a fact I’ll never for the rest of my life have a dog like Crosby.  And that’s OK.  Because I had him.  And I’ll remember him forever, when the time comes for him to be a memory, which I hope is a long ways away.    Whenever it is,I had the greatest dog, who loves me more than most of my family.

Yeah, she's "That dog".

I've got two like that, at the moment.

Had to say goodbye to my little white sidekick Eddie this weekend. He had a blockage in his gallbladder that would require a $10,000 surgery and recovery. We just couldn’t justify it for a 60% survival rate on a 12 year old dog. I hate that I feel like I failed him. The worst part is we were in Dallas and there was no way to make it back to be with him at the end.

The house just doesn’t feel the same and there is no way a new dog could carry my little buddy’s personality. I already miss him terribly and everything reminds me of him. Bye buddy, you were a good boy.

40fc508abe40214dbff3e2a904da3d9e.jpg9ff0d8ca927294c759774094554a0f35.jpg

• Like 8