Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Got a new chair, it rocks back and forth and reclines. Chuy is all "fuck that noise, wheres my old chair???" Shes also a little freaked out by things that move and make noise. Anyways, get home late last night, sit in the chair and boom! There she is, jumps up on my lap
4ec2664a77ce870a8b6c8d3b7a6b4ac4.jpg

• Like 7

13 hours ago, LebongJames said:

RIP Eddie. You never feel like another guy will replace them but if do go that route when you are ready. You will some of Eddie in the next guy and it will just be the best feeling.

Agree completely. Luna has her own personality, but she definitely does not take any shit from other dogs just like Amber didn't. 

On 3/20/2019 at 10:22 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

Ignatuis J Reilly passed away today. He was an amazing dog for my aunt and grandmother. My grandmother has not been in good health lately, but she has had Iggy by her side.

Image may contain: dog and indoor

“Canned food is a perversion. I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul.” 

"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."

"Employers sense in me a denial of their values. They fear me. I suspect that they can see that I am forced to function in a century I loathe."

Does anyone have an English lab? We’re starting to look at dogs now that we’re about to be in the new house. Wife doesn’t want a big dog. Her idea and mine might be different. Our last dog was big - lab/Great Pyrenees. Her head was about to my waist. She weighed around 74. But she had really long legs and actually looked really thin. I would love a clone of her.

My wife is thinking smaller. She sent me a mini puppy that someone was offering the other day. My answer “that’s a mini”. I can’t do a dog that’s 13”.

So English lab popped in my head. I knew someone a long time ago who had a couple. I just remember they were about knee high. Calmer than regular labs.

Any help? Thoughts? I have a large yard, three kids 7/5/5 and I need a dog that will learn. In the past dogs have fallen in my lap. I keep waiting for that to happen but it’s been way too long. Thinking it might be time to take action.

2 hours ago, kmac30 said:

Does anyone have an English lab? We’re starting to look at dogs now that we’re about to be in the new house. Wife doesn’t want a big dog. Her idea and mine might be different. Our last dog was big - lab/Great Pyrenees. Her head was about to my waist. She weighed around 74. But she had really long legs and actually looked really thin. I would love a clone of her.

My wife is thinking smaller. She sent me a mini puppy that someone was offering the other day. My answer “that’s a mini”. I can’t do a dog that’s 13”.

So English lab popped in my head. I knew someone a long time ago who had a couple. I just remember they were about knee high. Calmer than regular labs.

Any help? Thoughts? I have a large yard, three kids 7/5/5 and I need a dog that will learn. In the past dogs have fallen in my lap. I keep waiting for that to happen but it’s been way too long. Thinking it might be time to take action.

Great dogs. 

Daughter and hubby have both an English Lab (Red) and regular ol' Lab (Black). Spent WAY too much money but got 2 very smart and easily trained dogs. Excellent whether hunting or letting their 1-yr old abuse them.

Both the same size within a pound or two and in hight. Lots of exercise. Not neutered. English lab seems more lean/slim.

Hope this helps.

English Labs are generally a little shorter, not as long, and heavier than American Labs.  They have blockier heads and, while good hunters in their own right, are not quite as high energy.  My dog's dad is 85 lbs.  His mom is 65.  They're not small dogs.
Yeah, was gonna say the same thing. They are bigger but look better, imo.

Chester and Walter need a YouTube show.

The cuteness! Those faces! The personalities!

They could be like two young lads taking on the big city and we get to watch them learn valuable life lessons and the hijinks that ensue!

And there’s nothing cuter than a young pup with an old man name.

On 4/6/2019 at 10:32 AM, elfenix said:

Biscuit is tired of other dogs' shit

Also saw the biggest hound dog ever, way bigger than the retrievers that were running around

7769c3f561e75c10cbc0124c5daa6f42.jpg

184f9d03ac52b993b14a6f00488465ed.jpg

Bloodhounds always make me think of Hee Haw.

Walter reminds me of my Belle, who’s all grown up now. Miss those puppy days.
7310e404efadeb0ee3f9c5f5e9446749.jpg
4a12934e064e0264041d05bed3f6c681.jpg

Far and away best dog I’ve ever had. Just a tremendous pup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like she is saying “Worst owner I have ever had. Won’t share beer in yeti”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATExAD

Goodbye sweet girl. 

Today Olive decided that she was ready to go.  She's stopped eating and can't stand up.  Calling around to make her final arrangements and bawling like a baby.

From the moment we found her in the pound to today, her last day, she had been the most loyal, loving, smart, and happy dog I've ever known.  I'm going to miss her terribly.

Olive, I love you.  I hope I was worthy.

Edited by Nuge
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
3 hours ago, Deej said:
Whatever the one on TOS went for, minus some for obvious dog damage.

Pepper does that. The sound drives me nuts.

a gf had an extra small shih tzu that would eat the lava rocks from the garden.  weirdest thing i've ever seen a dog do

5 hours ago, Coyote said:

How old? Fine looking gal right there!

Thanks. She was about a year in that pic. 18 months now, but never grew anymore. She topped out at 54#.  Like yours, she took to fetching immediately. I’ve got her coming along great - she’ll sit and wait to be commanded to get her bird, works real well with her nose, etc. Hopefully she’ll be hunting this year - although she’s the biggest house lap dog I’ve ever seen. Sometimes she’ll scoff at going outside just because. The wife has spoiled her. 

On 4/5/2019 at 3:43 PM, kmac30 said:

What about a Vizla? They are awesome dogs.

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

What about a Vizla? They are awesome dogs.

Had a Vizla when I was a kid. Fantastic dog. Best hunting dog I've ever been around. Point, flush, retrieve, endless endurance...dog did anything asked of him. Was very protective of us kids, too.