Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Our nine year old morkie/jack Russell mix tore her ACL doing her favorite thing on this earth, playing fetch. Took her to the vet, and the vet seems to think since she is a small dog that she can possible just heal naturally. Her temperament hasn’t changed. She’s happy. She will let you hold it and not show any symptoms of pain. I just still feel bad for her limping around. She’s the absolute sweetest dog. 9ca11c84150dc591a9922519b3660d68.jpg

I present to the surly nation, the currently hobbled Emmy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

5fb3485c5a4998670265a8e2dbf8724f.jpg
ae1fc3c28b4f7a493c3098cea1d5e9e2.jpg

Here’s Lulu, about 3 days after the splenectomy. She was high as a kite for a few days, but is coming out of it nicely and on the mend. Should get the lab results early next week - expecting it to be malignant but hoping for the best. Either way, we are getting more time with her, which wasn’t looking possible at times over the weekend.

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

We are adding to the pack in a few weeks.  A good friend's White Lab got in a family way with the neighborhood Lothario, a Golden Doodle named Yoda.  I sent her a message a week ago asking if the puppies all were spoken for.  They were, but she said we were on the wait list.  Today, I took my kids to a pop up puppy adoption  just to look.  There were three cute retreiver mixes (lab/border collie).  But when we went back, and I was mulling things, I got a minor emergency call and we had to leave.  When I got home, I saw a text from this morning from the friend saying someone had backed out and there was a female pup available.  We went over for a meet and greet and were sold.  She's 5 weeks at this point.  We get to bring her home in another two to three weeks.

We've decided on a name I've been holding on to for a while being an Arrested Development fan. 

Meet "Maeby," our new Golden Honky Doodle.  At least two of her siblings are going to other close friends of ours, and another is staying with the nice friends who are giving her to us. 

CF6j-AN3-Oim-OHNYv-Zc5u-Nz-HYPs-Qe-XV6-Z

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 8

On 4/24/2019 at 12:55 PM, ocugolf said:

Our nine year old morkie/jack Russell mix tore her ACL doing her favorite thing on this earth, playing fetch. Took her to the vet, and the vet seems to think since she is a small dog that she can possible just heal naturally. Her temperament hasn’t changed. She’s happy. She will let you hold it and not show any symptoms of pain. I just still feel bad for her limping around. She’s the absolute sweetest dog. 9ca11c84150dc591a9922519b3660d68.jpg

I present to the surly nation, the currently hobbled Emmy.

I think your JR mix and my JR mix would be good buddies

23 minutes ago, Coyote said:

This guy eats more grass/twigs/etc than any dog I’ve ever had. Is that typical for a lab?
d83fdfc10f6747a9baab1664662b5732.jpg

Don't know about labs, but my 2 Newfies are part beaver, I think.  They eat wood all the damn time.  Pinecones are a favorite, as are small branches that they pull off the trees on our property.

• Like 1

Took Luna through pease park off leash on the way to eeyores. First time off leash somewhere she could run off, and she did very well. Never went more the 20 ft from me except when i crossed the creek while she wasn't looking. 

The "wtf are you doing over there" look on her face, and subsequent sprint to my side was very encouraging.

The Bond is strong.

Edited by MissingInAction

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Cajun your little guy/gal is adorable!

Love that grin for the camera. Looks like you’ve got a little ham on your hands!

She's a little shit, but she's cute as hell and that goes a long way.

My Shar Pei disagrees, however.

Guess it gets old having little needle teeth chewing on your wrinkles all f'n day.

Help me

The nephew of a neighbor moved in because the man is 90 and has dementia and has moved his whole clan in with him. They immediately put the 2 year old German Shepard in a tiny lot in the back yard and neglect it and don’t let it run. Some of us agreed to walk it for them and in the middle of the second walk the nephew gets pissed and has his wife find the lady walking the dog and bring him back. He have called the local animal shelter that works with the Sheriff’s office and they have came out several times. Yesterday I see them and flag down the animal shelter truck and talk to an officer and he agrees it is bullshit and the cage is too small and he will escalate it. This morning I get a text saying they are keeping the dog in a crate in the garage now because they saw the truck. I am getting pissed and running out of patience. Anyone have any advice? I have already had words with the guy but he wouldn’t come to the street.

What else can I do

Help me

The nephew of a neighbor moved in because the man is 90 and has dementia and has moved his whole clan in with him. They immediately put the 2 year old German Shepard in a tiny lot in the back yard and neglect it and don’t let it run. Some of us agreed to walk it for them and in the middle of the second walk the nephew gets pissed and has his wife find the lady walking the dog and bring him back. He have called the local animal shelter that works with the Sheriff’s office and they have came out several times. Yesterday I see them and flag down the animal shelter truck and talk to an officer and he agrees it is bullshit and the cage is too small and he will escalate it. This morning I get a text saying they are keeping the dog in a crate in the garage now because they saw the truck. I am getting pissed and running out of patience. Anyone have any advice? I have already had words with the guy but he wouldn’t come to the street.

What else can I do

d30ab564f9271e6c33b3356777d0c8e1.jpg

On 4/27/2019 at 8:11 PM, dcbc said:

We are adding to the pack in a few weeks.  A good friend's White Lab got in a family way with the neighborhood Lothario, a Golden Doodle named Yoda.  I sent her a message a week ago asking if the puppies all were spoken for.  They were, but she said we were on the wait list.  Today, I took my kids to a pop up puppy adoption  just to look.  There were three cute retreiver mixes (lab/border collie).  But when we went back, and I was mulling things, I got a minor emergency call and we had to leave.  When I got home, I saw a text from this morning from the friend saying someone had backed out and there was a female pup available.  We went over for a meet and greet and were sold.  She's 5 weeks at this point.  We get to bring her home in another two to three weeks.

We've decided on a name I've been holding on to for a while being an Arrested Development fan. 

Meet "Maeby," our new Golden Honky Doodle.  At least two of her siblings are going to other close friends of ours, and another is staying with the nice friends who are giving her to us. 

CF6j-AN3-Oim-OHNYv-Zc5u-Nz-HYPs-Qe-XV6-Z

We need an emoji for diabeetus attack.

• Like 1

finally downloaded a few pics of Chloe as a pupper.

lil squeak easily fit into the HEB bag in Oct. 

40800264363_2760a7c79e_z.jpg

and she really took to Sadie, using her as a pillow....

47766433141_4d0c50dab9_c.jpg

and this is the freaking squeak on Fri afternoon obviously oblivious to the world.....

47766403461_cc38199e77_z.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, LebongJames said:

Can’t really do much unless they really mistreat it. People suck but unless they never let him out and don’t feed him I don’t think the Sheriff can do much.

The only reason that dog is out is because the owners have it in a crate in the garage because they spotted the police officer. The officer gave me so good advice on what to do and if I am ever arrested I think I will go into a good cell. I am getting riled the fuck up by the minute. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

fullsizeoutput-277b.jpg

quinn chillin in the sun on her 5th birthday this weekend

Can't believe she is that old already.  Finn had his 2nd birthday this weekend.  Took him out to St. Edward's park for a hike and then threw the ball til we had to stop so he wouldn't pass out. 

HDaHtMqCJlE08I_stXGlzvxTvlxEYhRITqrdYsYp

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Clintonaldo said:

Gidget, Dobbs, and Sadie are getting their freak on down in Cape San Blas Fl while the wife and I work to make sure they are having fun

Can't quite put my finger on it, but I sense you are doing something wrong.

😉

I've discovered my 2 y/o Eurasier has turned into my ultimate hiking buddy.  He can probably go x4 farther and higher than I can and has four feet to do it with agility.  And he loves it.

The past few weeks we've had incredibly nice weather so I've taken him on several Columbia River Gorge hikes usually around 6 miles total with up to 2500 ft elevation gain.  

Hopefully just the beginning

Top of Angel's Rest (OR side):

0E4AF247-E418-4977-A251-5E004075FCD6.jpe

Not the least bit scared of standing on the edge of major cliffs.  WA side hike :

BE2BD3BF-C257-4FE2-9464-B6E547F8961F.png

2F98C0C6-B534-4821-9DAD-97378554099F.png

09BB728F-337A-4360-B944-D593CAD77EB9.jpe

CD259782-58FE-4B28-A201-319979ED24AE.png

• Like 6