Are you considering going expat?

TexArcher

10 minutes ago, Outer Space Bukakke said:

Obama did a lot of bad things. But hes still just another president. The novelty effect of having a half black president wore off pretty quick. 

Try checking out "Dreams From My Father" sometime. Obama has said lots of things that Trump couldnt get away with. If saying "pussy" is unpresidential, what about this? 

AND LOOK AT THIS! How would the trump hates react if trump had done this? But Obama gets a pass. 

Saying you just ‘grab em by the pussy’ when you want trim is wrong you idiotic fuck.  Not the word ‘pussy’ itself.  

Just now, Outer Space Bukakke said:

Trump could cure cancer and you would get offended. If Trump cured cancer, and the liberal lunatics would say curing cancer is racist. 

Yeah, that's a good point. Trump might very well cure cancer one day. We should consider this possibility.

41 minutes ago, Outer Space Bukakke said:

Have any Trump haters actually followed through and gone expat? 

Seriously? They're too addicted to having brown people mow their mansions and scrub their toilets for less than minimum wage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Please.  Sue me for slander.  If you want, I'll PM you where you can serve me with process.

A word of warning, however--I'm hiring @Brisketexan as my lawyer.  He's very expensive.  And that's of importance to you because you'll be paying his fees.  Because, you see--my first filing will be a motion to dismiss under the Texas Citizens' Participation Act, Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code ch. 27 (you should google that).  And when I win that motion, an award of fees is mandatory.

Oh, and now with that, all the lawyers on here can get 0.1 hours of self-study CLE 

Deleted

Edited by RayDog

3 minutes ago, Outer Space Bukakke said:

Trump could cure cancer and you would get offended. If Trump cured cancer, and the liberal lunatics would say curing cancer is racist. 

Trump would claim to have cured cancer and bilk every desperate patient he could. So yeah, I would get offended.

11 minutes ago, RayDog said:

Why don't we do an internet wager instead?

If you can prove I have had sex with someone under 18 I will never post on surlyhorns.com again. If you can't prove it then you can never post on surlyhorns.com again.

Were you a loser in high school, Ray?  You were a loser weren't you. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

No. I have history. It's pretty bad.

Tell us a story of why white privilege keeps Asian and Indian students for matriculating into institutions of higher education. Thats one of my favorites. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'd rather you tell us how white privilege isn't a thing.

And go.

Bless your heart. We both know you'd rather spend Race Card yarns and tell us why it is always someone else's fault. But tell us more why Asians and Indians cannot matriculate into higher education and need quotas.

Just now, Kyle said:

Bless your heart. We both know you'd rather spend Race Card yarns and tell us why it is always someone else's fault. But tell us more why Asians and Indians cannot matriculate into higher education and need quotas.

They can. No one is saying they can't. And that's why it's a straw man.

Come on now. Tell us how white privilege doesn't exist in the United States.

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Still waiting on your telling us about white privilege and how we didn't land on the moon.

Ever been pulled over and not been worried about getting arrested or shot?

That's white privilege.

Ever gone into a store and not been followed by security?

That's white privilege.

Ever applied for a mortgage or a job without having to worry about the way your name sounds?

That's white privilege.

There are many more examples and you know all of them.

I lived in Texas for 35 years and now NY for 5. I’ve traveled the world 10X over. There is one simple truth out there: It sucks everywhere. Maybe there are countries with less stress, or areas with better scenery or perhaps places with more action out there. But, in the end, it’s all the same. The government has a charectar to play and sometimes they play it well and you think they have your interests at heart. They don’t. They’re just husbands trying to talk wives into butt stuff before they get kicked to the curb.

I’d move for financial concerns in my retirement years but not because of an economic and social system that is perpetually broken. This utopian society people claim simply doesn’t exist. It’s the same old shit with more sheep.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RPM said:

I've strongly considered moving to Belize or Costa Rica. Belize is more stable and the better deal all around, but CR is more remote and on the Pacific side. Both have beautiful beaches, which is my primary requirement.

Costa Rica is on the Caribbean side too.

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Ever been pulled over and not been worried about getting arrested or shot?

That's white privilege.

Ever gone into a store and not been followed by security?

That's white privilege.

Ever applied for a mortgage or a job without having to worry about the way your name sounds?

That's white privilege.

There are many more examples and you know all of them.

Is it racist to point out that statistics support the privilege shown in every one of your examples?

-Blacks account for over 50% of the homicide rate despite accounting for 13% of the population. 

-Blacks are 8.55 times more likely to be the suspect in a robbery or theft case based on current incarceration rates

-According to the Consumer Bureau, blacks are the only race not to average a credit score above 700. If you don’t think white people have issues with jobs, try having a foreigner’s name.

Does this mean that all blacks are inherently bad people or should suffer? Of course not. But to pretend that these are stereotypes instead of reality is disingenuous. It’s pretty unfair that perceived Muslims are randomly selected for further screening too. But...

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Is it racist to point out that statistics support the privilege shown in every one of your examples?

-Blacks account for over 50% of the homicide rate despite accounting for 13% of the population. 

-Blacks are 8.55 times more likely to be the suspect in a robbery or theft case based on current incarceration rates

-According to the Consumer Bureau, blacks are the only race not to average a credit score above 700. If you don’t think white people have issues with jobs, try having a foreigner’s name.

Does this mean that all blacks are inherently bad people or should suffer? Of course not. But to pretend that these are stereotypes instead of reality is disingenuous. It’s pretty unfair that perceived Muslims are randomly selected for further screening too. But...

Exactly. 

Thanks to a previous job, I lived and worked in Holland, the UK, and eastern Europe for a few years. The journey ended about 15 years ago...this was in the days before social media became so ubiquitous. The language difference made it was very easy to unplug and ignore politics for the most part. I loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat. If I could relocate to Canada that'd be my first choice. Lately I've been thinking about trying out living in Portugal, though I have concerns about healthcare and global warming. 

4 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

I find it hilarious that a guy claiming to bang 20? Whores per month out of the country that might skirt the US age laws is threatening to sue a lawyer that once dressed up as pedobear

I'm all fucking out of likes to give

17 hours ago, AngryDragon said:

I think this is the route I'm going. Buy a condo in Thailand and make that a home base. Travel to the states when needed for business but spend most of time in Asia.

I lived there for ten years so the wow factor isn't there any more, but I would consider it.  I'm leaning more towards the Caribbean at this point in time but haven't picked a country in particular.  When I retire, I plan to travel to various countries for a year and see which one I like best before settling in.

10 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

I lived in Texas for 35 years and now NY for 5. I’ve traveled the world 10X over. There is one simple truth out there: It sucks everywhere. Maybe there are countries with less stress, or areas with better scenery or perhaps places with more action out there. But, in the end, it’s all the same. The government has a charectar to play and sometimes they play it well and you think they have your interests at heart. They don’t. They’re just husbands trying to talk wives into butt stuff before they get kicked to the curb.

I’d move for financial concerns in my retirement years but not because of an economic and social system that is perpetually broken. This utopian society people claim simply doesn’t exist. It’s the same old shit with more sheep.

I too have lived in Texas most of my life and have traveled a good bit doing consulting work.  Foreign landscapes and cultures can be really awesome, but when you get past the honeymoon period and start to examine how the gears turn, you really gain a deeper appreciation (at least, I did) for the ethos upon which America was founded.  If the whole world really does go to shit, I think America stands the best chance to rise from the ashes with liberty (and opportunity).

Anyway, in regards to the topic of the OP I meet a lot of expats in Costa Rica. They are by and large old, drunk, and pro Reagan/Bush/Trump. And lonely. At least on the coast. I haven’t met many from the nicer areas around San Jose.

they are also cracking down on the “perpetual” tourism here. In theory you can stay here for up to 90 days, leave the country for three days or more and then return. But they are not always allowing re-entry automatically anymore. Last I checked a few years ago about 1/4 million cash solves the problem. You can buy residency by  making a deposit in that amount to a national bank. You are allowed to withdraw a small percentage of that each year and then after 3 or 5 years or something you become a resident.

Edited by justhookit

Anyway, in regards to the topic of the OP I meet a lot of expats in Costa Rica. They are by and large old, drunk, and pro Reagan/Bush/Trump. And lonely. At least on the coast. I haven’t met many from the nicer areas around San Jose.
they are also cracking down on the “perpetual” tourism here. In theory you can stay here for up to 90 days, leave the country for three days or more and then return. But they are not always allowing re-entry automatically anymore. Last I checked a few years ago about 1/4 million cash solves the problem. You can buy residency by  making a deposit in that amount to a national bank. You are allowed to withdraw a small percentage of that each year and then after 3 or 5 years or something you become a resident.

Temporary residency for two years can be had by: having a monthly pension or retirement greater than 1 k a month, depositing 60k in a bank which you can draw up to 2500 a month from, or investing 200k in a business.
Also have to sign up for health care.
You cannot work
You must be in country for 4 months per year.
Basically they want to insure that you really like the move and are not a burden.
You can telecommute.

After 3 years you can apply for permanent residence for around $3000 with lawyer fees.

That said, nobody move there. Land values have gone way up.