Texas recruiting notes 2019

23 hours ago, bEastTexas said:

Not even sure Texas has actually submitted the paperwork yet, last update I saw said they were waiting for the Martell ruling to see if they needed to add anything to their case. 

I get waiting to file the waiver request until after you have some more data points to bolster your case.  But you have to figure in the NCAA's molasses-like response time, and at some point you increase the chances that the NCAA won't even rule on the request until well into the season. 

25 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I get waiting to file the waiver request until after you have some more data points to bolster your case.  But you have to figure in the NCAA's molasses-like response time, and at some point you increase the chances that the NCAA won't even rule on the request until well into the season. 

It's not like the NCAA's enforcement division is going to be busy in the next couple months or anything.

Since we're waiting on Martell's waiver to be completed before filing for Bru, I thought I'd take a quick peek. Not encouraging for those who don't want to wait.

Miami athletics director Blake James joined 560WQAM's The Joe Rose Show on Friday. He provided a brief update on where things stand with Ohio State quarterback transfer Tate Martell and his waiver request to play immediately instead of sitting out the upcoming season.

"We continue to work through the process," James said. "Unfortunately I don’t have a timeline to give as there really isn't a timeline."

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Heh heh. You said "Wee wee".

You know what's more annoying than a typo?  The subsequent additional text of *When.  Yes, dumbass I realize you didn't mean to say We we but rather When we.  Do you think I'm fucking stupid?  So I refrain.

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

You know what's more annoying than a typo?  The subsequent additional text of *When.  Yes, dumbass I realize you didn't mean to say We we but rather When we.  Do you think I'm fucking stupid?  So I refrain. 

source.gif

1 hour ago, futureman said:

Things-That-Bounce-7.gif

I used to date a girl that was practically a carbon copy of this one. Problem was she was bat shit crazy and extremely high maintenance. I put up with it for so long because...well...she was very nice to look at and the extracurricular activities were great.

I waived her and there was a line of guys willing to sign her to a free agent deal.

My life is much less stressful now. Best move I ever made.

Now...onward to 1,000+!

Edited by DontTaseMeBro

10 minutes ago, DontTaseMeBro said:

I used to date a girl that was practically a carbon copy of this one. Problem was she was bat shit crazy and extremely high maintenance. I put up with it for so long because...well...she was very nice to look at and the extracurricular activities were great.

I waived her and there was a line of guys willing to sign her to a free agent deal.

My life is much less stressful now. Best move I ever made.

Now...onward to 1,000+!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Just now, DontTaseMeBro said:

Does anyone have any updates on potential grad transfers (aside from Braun)? Richmond? Murphy from UCLA/Tech?  Any RBs?

We seem to be good at OL. RB, wait til after spring practices shake out depth charts.

And I swear you've been active on the boards long enough to know that.

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We seem to be good at OL. RB, wait til after spring practices shake out depth charts.

And I swear you've been active on the boards long enough to know that.

I’m just trying to get this board back to discussing the 2019 class again. 

Yes, the early returns on Tope, Angilau, Okafor, and even Urquidez are good. They may not reach on another OL now that Braun and Jackson are off of the board (not to mention that UT didn’t offer Proctor). I’m more concerned about RB depth, but Whittington looks like he belongs and KirkoGrinds is doing his best to win the Russell Gashamp Award.

McKnight>Jeff Madden + Bennie Wylie

Edited by DontTaseMeBro

9 minutes ago, DontTaseMeBro said:

I’m just trying to get this board back to discussing the 2019 class again. 

Yes, the early returns on Tope, Angilau, Okafor, and even Urquidez are good. They may not reach on another OL now that Braun and Jackson are off of the board (not to mention that UT didn’t offer Proctor). I’m more concerned about RB depth, but Whittington looks like he belongs and KirkoGrinds is doing his best to win the Russell Gashamp Award.

McKnight>Jeff Madden + Bennie Wylie

The returns on Urqiidez have not been good at all, and Imade will likely never start at Texas. Regardless, we look pretty solid at G.

I had completely dismissed Urquidez as well, but my team contact who alerted me of the Tyler and Braun commits ahead of public announcement told me that J.P. and Tope have taken to McKnight. No one is expecting either to start, but the team’s depth  isn’t in dire straits.

Edited by DontTaseMeBro
  • Like 1