Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

31 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This guy better be good if he comes here because he is a major attention whore. . 

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I hope he picks Tech. We don't need these me first flashy pre madonnas on the team. Give me a reliable guy like Kyle Porter every day. If there's 3 yards available on a run, he's going to get those 3 yards. And if there's 20 yards available on a run, well he's still going to get 3 yards because it's called consistency.  

No shit.

35 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's definitely going to delete this, so quoting for posterity. Berkeley grad, JuCo transfer - same thing, right Anwar?

Hell. Anwar is drunk as shit by this time of day. Most entertaining part of the orangebloods podcast is when he's drunk as shit. 

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Nahlin doesn't feel good about NaNa to Texas after his OV.

That's a surprise, we usually nail OVs. Guess ND 100% sold his family on the academics on the first one and we didn't counter effectively enough.

Chalk up an early loss for Giles... again. (If it turns out he's ND bound)

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

Nahlin was the one who urged the coaching staff to vet him thoroughly, and while I don't know what he meant, maybe he is simply out of touch on this recruitment.

Talent evaluation is different from just recruiting him to Texas, but who knows. We'll see what TFB says; they've been a little more grounded on this one.

Edited by Machinator

1 minute ago, ChingoHorns said:

$9.95ers have been as reliable as the Mexican border patrol this cycle as far as their “feelings and sources” 

Yep, EJ just had Texas Tech "surging" for Watson 20 minutes before he committed to us. It's nonsense, it's not a fucking horse race, the lead in a recruitment doesn't change minute to minute.

Either 9.95ers were wrong about Nana when they were picking Texas, or they're wrong now, I don't buy the constant jockeying. 

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Yep, EJ just had Texas Tech "surging" for Watson 20 minutes before he committed to us. It's nonsense, it's not a fucking horse race, the lead in a recruitment doesn't change minute to minute.

Either 9.95ers were wrong about Nana when they were picking Texas, or they're wrong now, I don't buy the constant jockeying. 

EJ gonna EJ, but the NaNa warning signs were flashing even before his OV.

• Like 1