Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

49 minutes ago, coachkiss said:

No one said anything was fake. It may be. It may not be. But since you can’t prove it untrue, you only need enough people repeating it to prove it true in public opinion.

That's as aggy as it gets....they ignore any facts, and just repeat untrue crap and before you know it, all of aggy then believes it as fact....aggypedia is fully of their nonsensical crap.

47 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@Machinator I think one of the DL takes has to be a JUCO with all 3 starters graduating.  May even look at grad transfers down road as well.

We signed a pretty legit DL class this year. I assume our core starters for 2019 are going to be true sophomores from that class. Unless you think it will be hard for Ojomo to start at 14 years old. 

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So, how do you feel about your posting style? Do you feel like you have any pent up anger?

Is it because a famous football player punched you in the face during a basketball game for "no reason" after you dove at his feet and talked shit at a football game months earlier? Is it because Sydney use to drive a nicer car than you? Tell me about it?

Bizarre post, and you infer a lot of incorrect premises, too. 

Beyond that, it’s always funny to me when people assume I’m pessimistic or angry as a dude. You clearly track my posts, but then one of your conclusions is that I have pent up anger? 

You guys need to pull yourself together and follow Machinator’s lead and get back to recruiting. You’re pulling your hair and gnashing your teeth because I mocked the recruiting value of a coach. 

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We signed a pretty legit DL class this year. I assume our core starters for 2019 are going to be true sophomores from that class. Unless you think it will be hard for Ojomo to start at 14 years old. 

I mean, we'll still have Graham and Bimage and I guess Fitz and DCG if they're still around.  Seems like we'd want at least 1 guy who could come in and start right away.

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So, how do you feel about your posting style? Do you feel like you have any pent up anger?

Is it because a famous football player punched you in the face during a basketball game for "no reason" after you dove at his feet and talked shit at a football game months earlier? Is it because Sydney use to drive a nicer car than you? Tell me about it?

Do you feel like your homosexuality makes life more difficult for you? 

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I mean, we'll still have Graham and Bimage and I guess Fitz and DCG if they're still around.  Seems like we'd want at least 1 guy who could come in and start right away.

fitz is like jj watt except better than that.  it’s incredible to have that kind of depth off the bench. 

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

OK, let's change pace here while waiting for 2:30 to arrive. What's a realistic class at this point?

QB (1): Roschon

RB (1): Cain

WR (5): Whittington, Smith, Houston, Wright, Higgins/Ellis/Washington/other

TE (2): Liebrock, Wiley

OL (5): Johnson, Shepherd, swing tackle or late bloomer, center prospect, JUCO

DL (4): Sweat, Mpagi, T. Carter, late bloomer or JUCO

LB (2): Floyd, some OOS take like Cooper or a late bloomer

DB (5): Watson, Caldwell, Adimora, Catalon, Cine or some late bloomer

ATH (1): Tongue

<50% chance of getting them but they have spots reserved if they want to come: Leal, Bru, Rian Davis, Jermaine Johnson, Wilson, Stingley

Questions:

Does the staff try their luck with the grad transfer market again at OT instead of the JUCO ranks?

If we don't land Cine or a comparable prospect do we stick with 4 DBs and save a spot for the loaded 2020 DB class?

How will LB recruiting shape up? I feel we have the least clarity on that right now.

If we get Tongue and Wright, do we take a 5th true WR (probably depends on what CJ and/or LJH do after this season)?

Decommitments

Close to Jumping

Sidney Carton

FIXED

Edited by ckhorn
PR

7 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Thank goodness. That should rinse off some of the AIDS from the last few pages. 

Welcome, Caldwell!!!

Oh no, our recruiting average dropped! Not enough stars! 😞

But wait, maybe he gets the Texas recruit bump in his ranking.

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

OK, let's change pace here while waiting for 2:30 to arrive. What's a realistic class at this point?

QB (1): Roschon

RB (1): Cain

WR (5): Whittington, Smith, Houston, Wright, Higgins/Ellis/Washington/other

TE (2): Liebrock, Wiley

OL (5): Johnson, Shepherd, swing tackle or late bloomer, center prospect, JUCO

DL (4): Sweat, Mpagi, T. Carter, late bloomer or JUCO

LB (2): Floyd, some OOS take like Cooper or a late bloomer

DB (5): Watson, Caldwell, Adimora, Catalon, Cine or some late bloomer

ATH (1): Tongue

<50% chance of getting them but they have spots reserved if they want to come: Leal, Bru, Rian Davis, Jermaine Johnson, Wilson, Stingley

Questions:

Does the staff try their luck with the grad transfer market again at OT instead of the JUCO ranks?

If we don't land Cine or a comparable prospect do we stick with 4 DBs and save a spot for the loaded 2020 DB class?

How will LB recruiting shape up? I feel we have the least clarity on that right now.

If we get Tongue and Wright, do we take a 5th true WR (probably depends on what CJ and/or LJH do after this season)?

- Probably won't get Cain with LSU ratcheting up the pressure after losing John Emery. More likely is Glass or the kid from Amarillo.

- Center could be Chris Akporoghene, plus a swing guy. Don't know if we need a junior college kid on the O-line if Cosmi is what he's cracked up to be.

- The kid out of Lufkin, Carl Williams, is a DT I hope we offer. Javasia Brunson is another good kid from there. JUCOs are a crapshoot, we can't just assume a Texas-level JUCO will pop up out of nowhere and even if he does we'd have to fight off many other programs for him which is not at all a guarantee.

- Who knows with LB. Wish we had more clarity on the Gbenda situation.

- DB looks spot-on. IDK why you have 'late bloomer' at every position that isn't full yet though, it's entirely possible the staff circles back to an existing target they're already familiar with.

"Probably won't get Cain with LSU ratcheting up the pressure after losing John Emery. More likely is Glass or the kid from Amarillo."

The Cains have said in-season performance is going to be huge for them. I know he's from Baton Rouge but Coach O's Tigers aren't particularly ferocious.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

- Probably won't get Cain with LSU ratcheting up the pressure after losing John Emery. More likely is Glass or the kid from Amarillo.

- Center could be Chris Akporoghene, plus a swing guy. Don't know if we need a junior college kid on the O-line if Cosmi is what he's cracked up to be.

- The kid out of Lufkin, Carl Williams, is a DT I hope we offer. Javasia Brunson is another good kid from there. JUCOs are a crapshoot, we can't just assume a Texas-level JUCO will pop up out of nowhere and even if he does we'd have to fight off many other programs for him which is not at all a guarantee.

- Who knows with LB. Wish we had more clarity on the Gbenda situation.

- DB looks spot-on. IDK why you have 'late bloomer' at every position that isn't full yet though, it's entirely possible the staff circles back to an existing target they're already familiar with.

I wouldn't give up on Cain with Drayton recruiting him. Especially since LSU is on the downswing with Coach O. I wonder if the staff will ever offer Logan Sagapolu out of Utah for the center spot. I haven't even looked at his film, but it'd be nice to keep building a pipeline into Utah.

With Cain, we still have he and sanders talking. We can still say we’ve wanted him and recruited him all along while LSU sees him as a consolation prize after losing Emory. 

Only a true pessimist would consider the Cain recruitment over just because LSU says hey we will take you now. 

So good post I guess. You be you. 

56 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Good thing that's not what I said, then. 

Good lord. You came out with your typical “it’s over, throw in the towel” pessimism. In between changing your tampon and jumping at the sight of your own shadow I do not know how you have the time to post.