Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

Grades? Attitude? Texas' chances? I fucking hate the cryptic horseshit.

You hate one comment screenshots with nothing to put it into context? We should hang out.

I believe the concerns are that he doesn’t have an alpha personality or a driven mentality.

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Guys, we just don't get the context of Erik Young's behavior. That's on us. 

A poster on IT had said he had heard concerns about Wright. The poster mentioned specific issues. Nahlin confirmed he had heard the same from other sources. A poster here decided to only post Nahlin’s response which lead to other posters bitching that he was being cryptic.

247 just updated 2019

247 state rankings
1) Garrett Wilson
2) Marcel Brooks
3) Jeffery Carter
4) Kenyon Green
5) Tyler Johnson
6) DeMarvin Leal
7) Baylor Cupp
8') Trejan Bridges
9) Theo Wease
10) Elijah Higgins
11) Dylan Wright
12) Nana Osafo-Mensah
13) Demani Richardson
14) Brian Williams
15) Lewis Cine
16) EJ Ndoma-Ogar
17) Austin Stogner
18) Marquez Beason
19) Branson Bragg
20) Jordan Whittington
21) Tamauzia Brown
22) Bobby Wolfe
23) Arjei Henderson
24) Javonne Shepherd
25) Erick Young
26) Marcus Stripling
27) Jalen Catalon
28) David Gbenda
29) Daimarqua Foster
30) Noah Cain

OOS Commits
62) De'Gabriel Floyd
160) Chris Adimora
165) Demariyon Houston
176) Jake Smith
184) Brayden Liebrock

OOS Targets
4) Bru McCoy
15) Trey Sanders
93) Rian Davis
95) Stacey Wilkins
Edited by Fud
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Nearly every rankings bump went to an A&M or blOU commit/target. Virtually nothing for our in-state guys.

Tyler Johnson doesn't camp, Whittington was injured for most of the spring, apparently Roschon doesn't look great in camp settings (although Nike told him he finished one spot out of the Elite Eleven), and I wasn't expecting the three starts to get bumps at this point 

Shrugs

One thing I've never understood with respect to recruiting rankings, is are they ranking those players on their perceived ability to succeed in college, or are they ranking those players on their perceived pro ability? Seems that many dual threat quarterbacks are always ranked fairly low in the 247 rankings with the exception of someone like Deshaun Watson and even then I think he was outside the top 50 that year. If they're judging based on perceived pro ability, I think they have ground to stand on wrt dual threats being pushed down the top 247.

5 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

One thing I've never understood with respect to recruiting rankings, is are they ranking those players on their perceived ability to succeed in college, or are they ranking those players on their perceived pro ability? Seems that many dual threat quarterbacks are always ranked fairly low in the 247 rankings with the exception of someone like Deshaun Watson and even then I think he was outside the top 50 that year. If they're judging based on perceived pro ability, I think they have ground to stand on wrt dual threats being pushed down the top 247.

Good question. Along with that, I'd ask if the same perspective applies to kickers and punters. The college ranks produce those for the NFL every year, but I don't recall the last time I saw one highly ranked in any composite. Maybe I just missed them.  

Edited by Gut Wagon

It seems to shift by the minute. Regardless of what they say, it is clear that politics(who the trainer is, shoe co., AA game, Needless camp attendance, who you/your coaches know, what school they think you are attending...) play the biggest role in rankings. 

The rankings are based on their pro projection.  One of the services, I can’t remember which one is is right now though even makes it a point to have exactly 32 5* recruits in their rankings to signify the number of 1st round pick in the NFL draft

Edited by DeAngelloBeige
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, rungeflash said:

Vince Young was ranked pretty high 247. 1 dual, 1 state, 1 nation

And he proved it by having the greatest season by a college QB ever. Seems like he was a can't miss prospect.

I could find many lower ranked dual threat QB's who improved a bit as a passer in college and were able to use their wheels to exploit weaknesses in defenses to be a good to great college QB, value that can't be demonstrated in most camp and 7 on 7 settings.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif

2 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

And he proved it by having the greatest season by a college QB ever. Seems like he was a can't miss prospect.

I could find many lower ranked dual threat QB's who improved a bit as a passer in college and were able to use their wheels to exploit weaknesses in defenses to be a good to great college QB.

I had never been less worried about a 3rd and long than when VY had the ball. Dude was pretty much automatic. 

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

A poster on IT had said he had heard concerns about Wright. The poster mentioned specific issues. Nahlin confirmed he had heard the same from other sources. A poster here decided to only post Nahlin’s response which lead to other posters bitching that he was being cryptic.

I don't think you realize that the ONLY point of my post was to tweak TankedBevo...

11 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

An in state running back is now ranked higher than Cain by 247. I linked him below. Also according to 247, Iowa State has top national top 150 running back commits. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Daimarqua-Foster-46050025

Idk if he’s better than Cain but I saw him twice last year and watched him run for 580 in one game.   Foster that is. He’s an animal. 

Edited by BurntOrangeBlooded15

It seems to shift by the minute. Regardless of what they say, it is clear that politics(who the trainer is, shoe co., AA game, Needless camp attendance, who you/your coaches know, what school they think you are attending, which aggy is funneling cash to your mailbox...) play the biggest role in rankings. 

Fify..