Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Wilkins looks like he's about to reserve a spot at OU. There's always a chance we have a really good season and impress him on September 15, but he's liked the Sooners for a while now.

Stripling is a natural ATM lean. I'm sure we tried, but... let's just say the topic of recruiting DL when working from a disadvantage has been beaten to death. Some people also aren't as high on him as a prospect.

I think we keep tabs on Carter because he's a stud on the field but it doesn't look like we'll pursue right now, while a certain other school that has ignored the cornerback position for multiple cycles now is much more ready to take a risk.

Sure.

Yeah I've pretty much written him off. I don't know if there's ever been a player photographed doing the horns down and then committed to Texas later on.

59 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

CTJ asked Greg Davis to dinner once, too.  It was on that fateful night when CTJ said it was his treat and cashed them out ... only for Greg to look disapprovingly at the tip CTJ left before adding a few more dollars and telling CTJ, “That’s not our standard.”  And then a blood feud was born.

Close, but not the story I heard. Greg asked CTJ to dinner. When it was time for the check, CTJ paid. Then, Greg threw down  money for the tip. Unfortunately, it fell a little short and fell to the ground. CTJ looked up, and saw that the tip was incomplete, put down a few more dollars and yelled at Gerg, "This is not our standard", and stormed out of the room.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I’m remembering a picture where it was Calvin and somebody else and the other guy was doing Horns down but Calvin wasn’t 

You are correct, sir.  Calvin Anderson is too smart to have ever done a Horns down in public and he would likely be insulted by the claim that he did. 

Edited by lemonandaturd

7 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Nahlin interviewed Hornsby and his private QB coach several weeks ago. Soon after posting it he received a message from someone close to Hornsby chiding him for not “going through the proper channels” to get the interview.

Sounds like the perfect Jimbo Fisher QB. Do they carry crab legs at the College Station Kroger?

I refuse to get worked up because Eric Fucking Nahlin got his feelings hurt by someone close to a recruit. Ever single 9.95er can piss off with their fragile egos as far as I am concerned. The kid is a bad ass and we need players like him. 

In terms of his writing style let’s just say I am glad Twitter was not around when Jamaal Charles was in high school. I am going to need more data points that this kid is the next Ryan Perriloiux than this. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I refuse to get worked up because Eric Fucking Nahlin got his feelings hurt by someone close to a recruit. Ever single 9.95er can piss off with their fragile egos as far as I am concerned. The kid is a bad ass and we need players like him. 

In terms of his writing style let’s just say I am glad Twitter was not around when Jamaal Charles was in high school. I am going to need more data points that this kid is the next Ryan Perriloiux than this. 

The salient point of the tweet isn't the "writing style" 

43 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Malik Hornsby ain't Vince Young.  Hudson Card might be a better version of Colt. Is that a wash?   I ain't sweating any Hornsby drama.  Let aggy and LSU fight that battle unless Hornsby says, fuck it, I am going to UT.  

LSU has its 2020 QB already

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

The salient point of the tweet isn't the "writing style" 

Well, I sure as hell had trouble reading it but the entire thread turned into questions about his handlers from a 9.95 post. 

Perhaps you can translate the gibberish and explain why this post means he is the next Fred Rouse? 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Well, I sure as hell had trouble reading it but the entire thread turned into questions about his handlers from a 9.95 post. 

Perhaps you can translate the gibberish and explain why this post means he is the next Fred Rouse? 

He got on twitter and criticized one of his high school coaches. By itself, it's not a deal breaker or anything, but it's obviously not a good sign, especially from the quarterback position. I get that you have an issue with the "mental eval" and "character issue" posts that have been coming from IT, but after watching chunks of several Strong classes wash out because of this, and watching Herman avoid a lot of the more highly regarded prospects in this class presumably because of these issues, it's something I definitely keep tabs on. 

I'd still prefer we land him and pair him with Card, but the way this one is trending, that seems unlikely. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

you dont need Twitter for ugly educational takes. Check out VY at the NFL draft this year. smh

• Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, Fud said:

He got on twitter and criticized one of his high school coaches. By itself, it's not a deal breaker or anything, but it's obviously not a good sign, especially from the quarterback position. I get that you have an issue with the "mental eval" and "character issue" posts that have been coming from IT, but after watching chunks of several Strong classes wash out because of this, and watching Herman avoid a lot of the more highly regarded prospects in this class presumably because of these issues, it's something I definitely keep tabs on. 

I'd still prefer we land him and pair him with Card, but the way this one is trending, that seems unlikely. 

Este - plenty of good players have sketchy recruitments, but calling out your coaches on Twitter (and in just godawful English to boot) isn't a good look at all.

• Like 1

Bringing this thread back to 2019, EJ seems to be involved in some sort of Twitter spat over Erick Young, and now Young's dad and ole 6Figs have joined the slapfight. RudeDawg (the account some people believe to be used by Daniel Figuerelli) is also featured somewhere.

Edited by Machinator

A&M probably knows he's a safety too but they have to get the commitment somehow. Same as we did with Caden Sterns at first by telling him he could be a CB. 

Then again, the previous coaching staff also thought Renfro was a SEC cornerback so who the hell knows what Jimbo will do. 

EJ isn't even saying anything bad about Young. Definitely not attacking his character or saying he won't be shit. Just said Texas recruited him as a safety and had a couple other guys higher on their board. Aggies are putting words in his mouth and EY's dad is eating it up. 

It's retards like the randoms on this board and twitter that are attacking Young lol, but that happens with every fanbase. A&M people attack our commits. So do Sooners. And we have some fans dumb enough to do it back. It's an unfortunate reality of sports. 

8 minutes ago, Tony Soprano said:

Can someone explain the whole SLX thing? I'm confused on what happened here. He was posting pretty often on Shaggy and then he was gone.

Have you seen the length of his posts?  He probably needs to hibernate a few years to recuperate. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

Bringing this thread back to 2019, EJ seems to be involved in some sort of Twitter spat over Erick Young, and now Young's dad and ole 6Figs have joined the slapfight. RudeDawg (the account some people believe to be used by Daniel Figuerelli) is also featured somewhere.

Definitely on EJs side here. Man, aggys are dumb. 

v3o8QaE.png

7 hours ago, Fud said:

IT from February 10th

"Erick Young is being recruited as a safety by Texas. From that you can deduce where he is on the big board — behind Richardson and Catalon."

Also, IT stated numerous times during the spring that they were told that Young was behind his own teammate, Morris, on their big board

I personally think Young is a stud, but it's difficult getting too concerned about the recruitment knowing we're always going to land 2-3 studs at the position, whether it's high profile guys like Sterns or Foster, or someone like Adimora or Catalon who are almost if not just as good 

Edited by Fud