Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Young is a stud, and is the type of safety Leon thinks he is. Problem is he'll probably spend most of his aggie career at corner, because they're terrible at landing real corners. Maybe they'll put him at nickel. 

I guess I am in the minority in thinking that EJ, nahlin, or any of them have no clue what Texas big board looks like with recruiting.  They may get info from coaches but that info would be provided for purpose.  In other words, Texas won't tell anyone what their big board is, but will leak things they think may positively impact recruiting. 

• Like 4

The other thing to factor in here is that most staffs who haven't filled out their dance cards, no matter the state of their pecking order, are going to try and get guys to hold off on committing. Just because Texas made a last ditch effort to get him to delay his decision doesn't say anything about where Texas projects his position on the field nor does it imply that he was a highest priority recruit. They just didn't want him picking aggy now. It could be because they 100% had him as their most important recruit or it could be they have him in a group of 3rd tier back up plans as a worst case scenario.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but Young should have just kept his mouth shut in calling out other programs. His Twitter actions the day before his commitment, his interview with Hamm, and now his father's weepy Twitter vagina suggest he was probably backburner for our staff due to mental evals.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rickyspub said:

The other thing to factor in here is that most staffs who haven't filled out their dance cards, no matter the state of their pecking order, are going to try and get guys to hold off on committing. Just because Texas made a last ditch effort to get him to delay his decision doesn't say anything about where Texas projects his position on the field nor does it imply that he was a highest priority recruit. They just didn't want him picking aggy now. It could be because they 100% had him as their most important recruit or it could be they have him in a group of 3rd tier back up plans as a worst case scenario.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but Young should have just kept his mouth shut in calling out other programs. His Twitter actions the day before his commitment, his interview with Hamm, and now his father's weepy Twitter vagina suggest he was probably backburner for our staff due to mental evals.

12 minutes ago, deech said:

I guess I am in the minority in thinking that EJ, nahlin, or any of them have no clue what Texas big board looks like with recruiting.  They may get info from coaches but that info would be provided for purpose.  In other words, Texas won't tell anyone what their big board is, but will leak things they think may positively impact recruiting. 

Some of the "$9.95ers" talk to some of the staff. That's a fact. Whether or not the info is true is a good point. We as outside observers just have to take on a case by case basis and try to believe what passes the smell test. I think Young being a secondary target on the board is very plausible, based on the pattern of this recruitment paired with nuggets dropped during the process. 

I agree that there could be some gamesmanship in trying to make it harder for A&M or OU to gain a commitment from a recruit when they want it, or it could even be trying to show him enough interest before he commits to hopefully plant a seed for if you need to re-recruit him later, say if you miss on someone like Catalon and A&M's season is bad enough to where someone like Young is looking around. 

He could have been put on the backburner due to mental evals, but I think it's more likely that they just like Catalon more in the rangy good in man to man coverage free-safety spot than Young. 

3 hours ago, rickyspub said:

I can comfortably say Young and his dad are pieces of shit. Your mileage may vary. 

17 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Lmao Sanders's smirk when Wolfe starts saying they're going to win a natty and beat bama

Shouldn't Wolfe maybe, I don't know, focus on learning how to not fall down in coverage drills before he starts bragging about how aggy is going to "beat down everybody?" Just a thought.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

It's worth listening to the whole thing, but skip to about 14 minutes if you just want to hear about how Carrington got involved with recruiting and Coach Herman.

Thanks for sharing, very glad to have BC on our side.

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

It's worth listening to the whole thing, but skip to about 14 minutes if you just want to hear about how Carrington got involved with recruiting and Coach Herman.

Listening right now. This guy isn't a recruiting gimmick, he's real. 

He needs SJL to start leaning on a few recruits in her district. Kidding, not really. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

First of all, I highly doubt that EJ or Nahlin know anything concrete about our “board”.

Even if they are right and Young was the 4th or 5th safety on our board, it is still possible that we recruited him aggressively to get an unofficial visit.  So what. Mr. Young comes off looking like a dumbass topped only by the untouchable 6figs. 

• Like 1

It would have been nice if this NFL meetup went down before the dead period. It looks like Earl Thomas and Jeremy Hills have a top notch training facility in Austin that will attract athletes for their offseason work. I doubt that's happening at the station.

15 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

It would have been nice if this NFL meetup went down before the dead period. It looks like Earl Thomas and Jeremy Hills have a top notch training facility in Austin that will attract athletes for their offseason work. I doubt that's happening at the station.

It’s hard to have those night workouts when the station is so lit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

It is so awesome to have guys like Sterns and Davante see how people like Earl and Jamaal work.  If guys that are that talented are working like that then you see how hard it is to really make it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GOAT said:

Is Texas the only school that views Young as a safety? Every article I read about him from other school sites only label him as a CB and don't mention him moving to safety.

Sites don't want to burn bridges with him and his entourage by stating the fact, and if you're talking 247, Wiltfong loves Elko and won't fuck with his recruiting. It'll all come out in the end - EY is a good safety, we want him if Cine or Catalon go another way, but he's just plainly not a CB.