Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

“You could ask him, out of nowhere, ‘Hey, what’s this play?’ from a game prior … and he would go down the board of everybody’s responsibility,” says Bru McCoy, a five-star athlete in the class of 2019 and Daniels’s best friend since seventh grade. “He watched so much film that he knew the plays by heart in order, by number, just literally from going through constantly, clicking it through and playing it over and over.”

Article about JT Daniels on The Ringer.  Didn't realize they were best buds.  He goin to USC.

Edited by fellside

Kenyatta Watson's (and his dad's) # 1 ranked team is not happy with their coach:

http://footballscoop.com/news/top-ranked-high-school-team-georgia-staged-walkout-protest-practice-conditions/
I see no mention of Watson or his dad?

Anyway, that coach is a dumbass for having full contact practice with no pads, wtf mate, trying to make football rugby?

Having said that, such protests would have been unheard of back in my day...snowflakes were encouraged to quit and try out for the golf team or something, and parents wouldn't really speak up either unless it was something really bad.

38 minutes ago, satyanash said:

What's dumb is going full-contact with no pads/helmet and just shorts. 

Torn on this one.  I do think that so many football-related injuries are from poor form and players throwing their bodies around because they are armored up.  If you are forced to make contact, yet don't have the luxury of a helmet and pads, you have to have proper form.

Similar to a boxer (vs. bare knuckle fighter) taping his hand up like a hard-cast and pounding on a wooden door.  Take off the tape, and you can't hit as hard; and if the angle of your punch is off, you break all those small bones in your hand.  

Were there any injuries?  

I know I've read some people mention Jamaal Charles as a comp, but Brown doesn't have anywhere near that level of freaky athleticism.  I think Kam Martin is a better comp.  Good, not great athlete.  Somewhat slender build, but shows out against HS competition.  He could be productive if developed well and utilized properly.  Kam has done pretty well when he's played, but he can't take the hits.  Brown probably won't take the hits either.  As long as the role the staff has in mind fits his frame, he could be useful.  He's a nice complement to a traditional RB.

• Like 2