Texas recruiting notes 2019

6 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Meh. Garret Wilson seems like he sucks. As a person. Not as a football player. Tired of hearing from, and about, this kid. Let him go burn couches with that garbage person urban Meyer.

Iā€™m with you. Ā His momma needs to pay closer attention to what is going on at tOSU. Ā This is not ā€œjust lifeā€. Ā Maybe it is in her world. Ā IfĀ that is what she wants her son to be exposed to, then i feel sorry for the kid for not having the proper guidance that he needs to make sound decisions. Ā Whatever, he sounds like a smug little prick. Ā Go burn couches young man!

Garret will fit right in at OSU. He's an understanding young man and realizes notĀ everybody is the perfect person in the world. EveryoneĀ does -- kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, beats and chokes their wife, covers up domestic violence and lies about it.Ā I just feel that people need to give him a chance.

He's pretty alreadyĀ the next Terrelle Pryor and hasn't even graduated high school. Let's give the kid credit.Ā 

• Like 4

EJ after dark: New DL recruits on UT's radar

ā€” Texas is still looking to add some beef upfront this recruiting cycle and may be turning to a familiar state. According to a source, the Longhorns are carefully evaluating Buford (GA) defensive lineman Ahmad Craig. The three-star prospect is committed to Duke, but a Texas offer may get him to think some things over. Craig is a teammate of running back target Derrian Brown. Texas has had some success in Georgia, landing four-star cornerback Kenyatta Watson II.

ā€” Texas is also looking for some immediate help along the defensive line and is monitoring JUCO product Rodney Sopsher. The brother of five-star defensive lineman and 2019 target Ishmael Sopsher, Rodney picked up his first offer from LSU on Monday. Offering Rodney could help the Longhorns in their pursuit of Ishmael, who recently listed Texas in his Top 7.

ā€” Another defensive lineman on UTā€™s radar is three-star Sandra Day Oā€™Connor (AZ) prospect Bralen Trice. He holds offers from the likes of Alabama, Arizona, California, Notre Dame, Oregon, TCU, UCLA and others. Like with Georgia, Texas has had success recruiting the state of Arizona this cycle, landing four-star wide receiver Jake Smith and four-star tight end Brayden Liebrock.

ā€” Not a new name here but did want to make a note that Texas is keeping in contact with three-star Dallas Woodrow Wilson defensive lineman Zā€™Core Brooks. Remember, Brooks visited Texas earlier this offseason, and heĀ has beenĀ in touch with defensive line coach Oscar Giles. Brooks holds seven total offers and has a ton of upside.

1 hour ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Iā€™m with you. Ā His momma needs to pay closer attention to what is going on at tOSU. Ā This is not ā€œjust lifeā€. Ā Maybe it is in her world. Ā IfĀ that is what she wants her son to be exposed to, then i feel sorry for the kid for not having the proper guidance that he needs to make sound decisions.

No matter the outcome of this whole fiasco with Urban Meyer, you can be sure that any athlete that attends that school for the foreseeable future will be receiving a barrage of "training" and enlightenment on how to treat women.

50 minutes ago, satyanash said:

ā€” Texas is also looking for some immediate help along the defensive line and is monitoring JUCO product Rodney Sopsheļ»ærļ»æļ»æ.

6'2" 255lbs is a little small. Hopefully, he is athletic. OTOH, he isn't going to Texas so who cares.

50 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Another defensive lineman on UTā€™s radar is three-star Sandra Day ļ»æOā€™Connor

What the fuck is Giles doing?Ā  I can see how she would be considered a high-value prospect as a jurist.Ā  But, as an 88-year old woman, I don't think she merits a scholarship offer as defensive lineman.

Also, pretty sure she's out of eligibility.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Good. Fuck him. I hope the whole staff gets shitcanned after he signs and they suck the wholeĀ time heā€™s there.Ā 

Agreed. Honestly, my biggest fear is his decommitting and going to OU or aggy. I hope he stays at tOSU and flounders in the turmoil.Ā 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

What the fuck is Giles doing?Ā  I can see how she would be considered a high-value prospect as a jurist.Ā  But, as an 88-year old woman, I don't think she merits a scholarship offer as defensive lineman.

Dude, now you're just profiling.

19 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Giles has a radar?Ā  I thought it was just a couple of rusty cans and some old string

Nah, he has radar. But, it is pretty much like the Opana Radar with lots of sightings but not much actionable utility.

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

She is no Whizzer White. Ā 

• Like 2

3 star bro, 3 STARS

24 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I've got some friends in LT who are pretty plugged in to the Wilson recruitment (notĀ Longhorn94 bullshit) and here's what they are telling me:Ā 

- Wilson still fully supports Meyer and OSU, he knew about the domestic violence and Meyer turning a blind eye to it before he committed. In fact, it was one of the main reasons he committed. He just fucking loves domestic violence. It's like in the NCAA football games how you can pick what pitch to give to a recruit, if you picked domestic violence, you would get Wilson's commit 100% of the time. Meyer knew this and really played up that angle. It's why he's one of the best in the game.Ā 

- However, Herman is not going to just give up on Wilson. He's just biding his time until he drops his ace in the hole: Casey Horny. Herman knows if Wilson likes domestic violence, he's going to love the guy involved in a systemic program put in place at a university to cover up widespread, violentĀ sexual assaults.Ā Once the season is over, Herman is going to promote Horny to a coach like he did with Carrington last year. Horny's only job is going to be recruiting Wilson and Herman is confident that he can get him to flip.Ā 

- One dark horse to watch in Wilson's recruitment: Michigan State.Ā 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I've got some friends in LT who are pretty plugged in to the Wilson recruitment (notĀ Longhorn94 bullshit) and here's what they are telling me:Ā 

- Wilson still fully supports Meyer and OSU, he knew about the domestic violence and Meyer turning a blind eye to it before he committed. In fact, it was one of the main reasons he committed. He just fucking loves domestic violence. It's like in the NCAA football games how you can pick what pitch to give to a recruit, if you picked domestic violence, you would get Wilson's commit 100% of the time. Meyer knew this and really played up that angle. It's why he's one of the best in the game.Ā 

- However, Herman is not going to just give up on Wilson. He's just biding his time until he drops his ace in the hole: Casey Horny. Herman knows if Wilson likes domestic violence, he's going to love the guy involved in a systemic program put in place at a university to cover up widespread, violentĀ sexual assaults.Ā Once the season is over, Herman is going to promote Horny to a coach like he did with Carrington last year. Horny's only job is going to be recruiting Wilson and Herman is confident that he can get him to flip.Ā 

- One dark horse to watch in Wilson's recruitment: Michigan State.Ā 

While Wilson enjoys the sounds of rhythmic slapping, fortunately for us it is only that of husband beating his wife, or else Penn State would also be on the short list.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Richter said:

Are you suggesting that we need to keep recruiting players once they are here so that they don't transfer?Ā 

If you're transferring to Cedar Valley CommunityĀ  College, there's other things going on than just playing time.Ā  Think Bonney has enough experience to play well in a situational role.Ā  Wish he wasn't transferring but if he wants to be one of the main dogs, he could probably read the writing on the wall pretty clearly from the sideline.Ā 

9 hours ago, destroya said:

Garret will fit right in at OSU. He's an understanding young man and realizes notĀ everybody is the perfect person in the world. EveryoneĀ does -- kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, beats and chokes their wife, covers up domestic violence and lies about it.Ā I just feel that people need to give him a chance.

He's pretty alreadyĀ the next Terrelle Pryor and hasn't even graduated high school. Let's give the kid credit.Ā 

Let him sign with Ohio State. Much better than going to OU or Jimbos lite house.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like Rivals is updating rankings this week.Ā  Top 100 came out, not a lot of movement.Ā  Wease up to #2 in nation (lulz).Ā  OU commit Bridges made a huge jump (shocking!).

Well, Wease is really good, and plays for a traditional, easy-to-access powerhouse. He's just kind of a dipshit.

57 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like Rivals is updating rankings this week.Ā  Top 100 came out, not a lot of movement.Ā  Wease up to #2 in nation (lulz).Ā  OU commit Bridges made a huge jump (shocking!).

Rivals is working its way to irrelevance. They might be there already.

On 8/13/2018 at 11:49 AM, Machinator said:

A little more IT on JUCOs:

Ā 

Ā  Hide contents

Ā 

JUNIOR COLLEGE TARGETS EMERGEĀ 

Texas has no problem combing the JUCOs for guys who could potentially step in and play right away. Fullerton College (CA) linebacker Caleb Johnsonļ»æ is a prime example of a potential starter rather than depth.Ā 

The 6-foot-1, 215-pounder and Iowa State commit picked up a Texas offer recently. And now they have his attention. Good evaluation, Matt Campbell, Todd Orlando will take it from here. We'll see.Ā 

ā€œI read coach Orlandoā€™s whole defensive scheme and also saw tape of it. Similar to Gary Johnsonā€™s spot, I believe. I love the programā€™s history,ā€ said Johnson, who is also getting the hard sell from Oregon and Cal.Ā 

He thinks Texas would be a nice fit.Ā 

ā€œI'm looking for a program that helps me reach my full potential most of all,ā€ said Johnson, who holds offers from Arkansas, Florida Atlantic, and Marshall. "And as of right now Iā€™ve been building a great relationship with the director of recruiting coach Carrington and D-coordinator coach Orlando.ā€Ā 

With it certain to lose Gary Johnson and Anthony Wheeler, the staff understands the need to add a more mature body to the competition, along with the younger talent it will acquire on National Signing Day. Johnson fits the bill as a nuanced linebacker who is aggressive through contact, uses his eyes well, and can make plays in space or downhill. It isn't lip service to say he could fill in at Rover, but even if that doesn't work he could be a fantastic Mac.

Two others to watch from the JUCO ranks are defensive lineman Chester Graves from Iowa Wesleyan, and linebacker Lakia Henry from Dodge City. Henry is a tackling machine following in the footsteps of Gary Johnson (how is Dodge City finding these guys?) and a Tennessee verbal pledge. UT is confident it can make significant headway with each of the three.Ā 

The recruiting department will continue to look for more JUCO kids to breakout this fall. Adding a junior college prospect this cycle seems inevitable and you'll likely want to set the over/under at 1.5.

Ā 

Sorry to interrupt all the wonderful Garrett Wilson chat (btw, kiss my ass, Garrett. Enjoy the Rust Belt and your scummy spouse abuse enabling coach/program), but I was skeptical about all the Caleb Johnson = Gary Johnson comparisons...

Until I watched C. Johnson's HUDL.

This kid looks like a baller. Maybe not the same top end speed as GJ, but he actually looks a little bigger. He also seems to like hitting an awful lot. I think it's safe to say that he also hates QBs and RBs. Very, very impressive looking film. Yes, it's just highlights, but I really like what I see so far. Really hope they can bring him in.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3112161/5a063140a0232522d41946b9

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Well, Wease is really good, and plays for a traditional, easy-to-access powerhouse. He's just kind of a dipshit.

Is he Julio fucking Jones? If he is, fine, have him in the top 10 nationally. If he's not, he has no fucking business being anywhere near #2. It's more than being a dipshit. He's unlikely to be the #2 pick in the NFL 3 or 4 years from now, and that's honestly what I'd expect of the #2 rated recruit in this cycle. Maybe we look back and laugh at how wrong I am, but the history of WRs, especially in the state of Texas, isn't something that gives me pause when I state that he should be in the top 25-50 range, and nothing better.Ā