Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's pretty obvious what happened. Wilson has always been a Texas commit, but Herman had him pretend to commit to OSU so he could get a man on the inside. Then Wilson got all of those text messages and sent them to McMurphy, thereby bringing down the entire OSU program. Don't be surprised when they find a child sex dungeon underneath a pizza parlor owned by Lincoln Riley or when Nick Saban is indicted for laundering money for third world dictators. People forget, Tom Herman is in MENSA. 

And DJ Durkin is Zed.

Zed's dead.  Zed's dead.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

WRs are a dime a dozen.  We've landed multiple high profile WRs and they amount to nothing without a good QB.  We're loaded there and have some studs committed in Smith and Whittington.  This has nothing to do with Wilson and I could give two fucks if he ends up at Texas.  I know the kid is 17 or 18, but it's sad that he's sticking up for a wife beater and a man that hid domestic abuse for so long.  Good on Herman if he helped her and good on him if he did this to give Meyer a big fuck you.  Meyer has shit on Herman every chance he has gotten publicly.  This dude has cheated at multiple programs.  He left Florida because he couldn't control the thugs he recruited there.  Percy Harvin punched and choked his WR coach during practice and Urban didn't so much as suspend him for a single game.  Now his own coach is choking and beating his wife and he hides it.  This is the type of coach he is.  He is the ultimate piece of shit and I hope Herman keeps leaking more shit on on Meyer if he has it.

I’m just glad the endless cycle of hirings and firings in CFB never lined up for Urban to be our coach. Not that he wanted to be, but still glad it never happened. He’s a maggot. We’d almost certainly have won big, but my tolerance for this kind of trash grows less by the day. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

WRs are a dime a dozen.  We've landed multiple high profile WRs and they amount to nothing without a good QB.  We're loaded there and have some studs committed in Smith and Whittington.  This has nothing to do with Wilson and I could give two fucks if he ends up at Texas.  I know the kid is 17 or 18, but it's sad that he's sticking up for a wife beater and a man that hid domestic abuse for so long.  Good on Herman if he helped her and good on him if he did this to give Meyer a big fuck you.  Meyer has shit on Herman every chance he has gotten publicly.  This dude has cheated at multiple programs.  He left Florida because he couldn't control the thugs he recruited there.  Percy Harvin punched and choked his WR coach during practice and Urban didn't so much as suspend him for a single game.  Now his own coach is choking and beating his wife and he hides it.  This is the type of coach he is.  He is the ultimate piece of shit and I hope Herman keeps leaking more shit on on Meyer if he has it.

Dilly,  Dilly!

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

Seems to be the Plan B for Lakia Henry - he's the #2 JUCO OLB, so even though it's a big dropoff rankings-wise, there's not really anyone else to turn to.

Yeah, we probably need a JUCO take at DE and LB this cycle. Or a grad transfer. Seems like that's the plan based on the offers. 

Orlando seems to have a good grasp on needs because he's already recognized we need some immediate help next year at those 2 positions. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, we probably need a JUCO take at DE and LB this cycle. Or a grad transfer. Seems like that's the plan based on the offers. 

Orlando seems to have a good grasp on needs because he's already recognized we need some immediate help next year at those 2 positions. 

But , with every school in the world telling croots that Orlando isnt gonna be here after next year, knowing that aint helping none.

18 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

It’s fucking sickening to watch this.  We wouldn’t have to follow this if Urban did the right thing in the first place.  Or how about Smith just do what sane people do and get a divorce?  Watching grown, wealthy adults basically smear shit against the wall makes me embarrassed to be a human.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.  Outside of the obvious attempt to shift the narrative and focus, which I'm hoping means those under the microscope know the spotlight is getting very bright, I keep wondering what in the world TH did to Meyer.  For a guy who helped him win a national title Meyer sure likes to dump on TH whenever he can.  

32 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Pretty much my thoughts as well.  Outside of the obvious attempt to shift the narrative and focus, which I'm hoping means those under the microscope know the spotlight is getting very bright, I keep wondering what in the world TH did to Meyer.  For a guy who helped him win a national title Meyer sure likes to dump on TH whenever he can.  

Probably unrelated, but Urban IS a thug-harboring piece of shit. Who knows what goes on in his head.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

But , with every school in the world telling croots that Orlando isnt gonna be here after next year, knowing that aint helping none.

Schools and coaches overcome that objection every year.  When recruiting you are a salesman as well as a coach,  and a good salesman/coach needs to be able to overcome that objection.

Granted,  the best way to do it is to win.  However, I think a couple of our coaches have trouble overcoming common objections.  

Urby got butthurt when Herman recieved a lot of media attention for keeping the tOSU offense clicking along during the championship season even though the QB situation changed constantly..

That was Herman's springboard to the coog high job even though he was only second year OC at tOSU.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

Schools and coaches overcome that objection every year.  When recruiting you are a salesman as well as a coach,  and a good salesman/coach needs to be able to overcome that objection.

Granted,  the best way to do it is to win.  However, I think a couple of our coaches have trouble overcoming common objections.  

unclean defecation is an uncommon objection tho

Edited by Bevo14

49 minutes ago, ousux said:

Urby got butthurt when Herman recieved a lot of media attention for keeping the tOSU offense clicking along during the championship season even though the QB situation changed constantly..

That was Herman's springboard to the coog high job even though he was only second year OC at tOSU.

This, all credit for success must go to Urban in his psycho world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stampeder said:

Herman received way too much credit for said title from the media and that was too much for Urban to allow.  Urban wants all the credit and none of the blame.  

• Like 1

not sure why he would do the shhh if it wasn't a commit

Because we need all the “shhh”-experts to come out the woodwork and start debating how many are accounted for or not.
I, for one, commend BC for doing his part in helping this thread gets to 1000 pages. Gods work.

It'd be nice if Wilson's "I'm sick" was just a moment where he was finally tired of all of the shit going on in Columbus, but I have little doubt he's sick after being fed all of the bs about Herman being behind all of this. He's being fed a ton more than we are.

I imagine his phone was pretty busy yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

It'd be nice if Wilson's "I'm sick" was just a moment where he was finally tired of all of the shit going on in Columbus, but I have little doubt he's sick after being fed all of the bs about Herman being behind all of this. He's being fed a ton more than we are.

I imagine his phone was pretty busy yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While some people over here have been worrying about that tweet, over on bucknutz they think it's aimed at them and all the grown men arguing on his twitter.

the truth likely lies in the middle, he can't like being thrown in the middle of this shit show.   Or the "adults" on both sides fighting on his feed.