Texas recruiting notes 2019

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I feel like I've mostly been just polite and dismissive

No, you haven't been "just" polite and dismissive.  You've been informative, a dick, sensitive, dry-funny, right, wrong.

You've been a lot of things. But if this means we're not friends then, well, we're not internet friends then. 

I'll still read you your shit, though, from atop my rainbow. ✊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

It's fucking hilarious to think how many times SydneyCarton would have been fired by any school by now, or how much shit would be talked about him by another internet sock about is inability to do anything right as a coach. I think Mehringer and Warehime are gone after this season when their contracts are done, but it will not affect me one iota of an inch if they aren't.

God dammit. This is the real stuff right here. I wish I could come up with takes this good. I totally missed the "if you are so smart why aren't you a coach" angle. That's message board shit posting 101. I gotta step my game up if I'm going to try and compete with the best. Thank you for your service. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Fucking this. All these god damn nerds in there moms basements criticizing the coaches when they haven't ever even stepped on the field before. Guys like you and me (2A 3rd team all district long snapper 1983) know to trust what the coaches are doing. UT is the biggest athletic department in the country, you think we'd hire coaches that don't know what there doing? Heck no. I actually think it's kind of sad how worked up all these keyboard jockeys get over all this when guys like you and me know that the coaches have everything going exactly according to plan. 

Segue*

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

No. He is just really good and I have seen much hype around him anywhere. Not even from Washington.

Well, when washington discovered they weren't getting Tuofono their entire board network basically said this guy was 10x better anyway, so...he's gotten quite a bit of hype IMO. 

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, when washington discovered they weren't getting Tuofono their entire board network basically said this guy was 10x better anyway, so...he's gotten quite a bit of hype IMO. 

After we didn't get Tuofono, we were too busy arguing about Giles and Mehringer to get the Heimuli hype train revved up and now we are going to lose him to Washington. Good job Surly, good job.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not insecure or hostile, and I'm certainly not having a bad day. I feel like I've mostly been just polite and dismissive. That said, take it however you like, and by all means, continue to live in a world where recruits tell the truth and Drew Mehringer is simply misunderstood, repeatedly. I assume there are rainbows and unicorns everywhere in your world, and the roads are paved with candy. I'm sure it's a nice place to visit.

some people will never like you.  and you will never give a fuck. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Offended? Me? Nah.

.....I don't personally believe that, you obviously have built up some type of credit on here long before I arrived, so I can put two and two together. But really, I'm just a man looking for answers, wading through the bullshit and the truth, trying to figure out which is which. 

But are you 40?

39 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

But are you 40?

Why are you conjuring him after he's clearly wandered off elsewhere for a bit? Never use the full handle, never quote the guy. What the fuck is wrong with you? Uncle B appears to be the Recruiting version of Hugo Stigl.... Summon him and he'll rain down a volley of posts on you so fast it will make your head spin.

Why are you conjuring him after he's clearly wandered off elsewhere for a bit? Never use the full handle, never quote the guy. What the fuck is wrong with you? Uncle B appears to be the Recruiting version of Hugo Stigl.... Summon him and he'll rain down a volley of posts on you so fast it will make your head spin.

Sup, Boo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk