Texas recruiting notes 2019

24 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Of course they're not the same, in how he came to believe or think or say what he said or didn't say, but that's semantics. I'm just saying he's not afraid to say something that isn't very complimentary of the program, so I don't know why he'd say what TFB is reporting he said if he feels the exact opposite. Because I doubt he'd think Meh was his favorite guy on the staff if Meh fucked up in the way that has been reported on here. 

I don't think they're the same in magnitude. One is taking a cheap shot at a program, the other is destroying an assistant coach. I think one is easier to do than the other. 

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don't think they're the same in magnitude. One is taking a cheap shot at a program, the other is destroying an assistant coach. I think one is easier to do than the other. 

I guess we're not gunna budge here on our stances, and that's fine. I guess I'm just crying for some good shit on "why" I should still keep believing what I did before I saw this latest TFB quote, because that's what I wanted to believe. 

This actually gives me hope now, and I don't know If I wanna be led on. 

14 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I guess we're not gunna budge here on our stances, and that's fine. I guess I'm just crying for some good shit on "why" I should still keep believing what I did before I saw this latest TFB quote, because that's what I wanted to believe. 

This actually gives me hope now, and I don't know If I wanna be led on. 

I think him being an EE really hurts us in regards to timing here, but I could see us getting back in it with a great first half to the season, especially offensively 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's the same in this thread as well. Too many shitty fans that think they know more than the coaching staff.

You're the biggest beating on this thread. You're the loudest remaining buffoon who refuses to see the forest for the trees in regards to any possible criticism of a coaching staff. The good news is that on the football thread there's 50 more of you, while only  a handful here. 

Don't you have a South Florida fan site you can go post on? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Fucking this. All these god damn nerds in there moms basements criticizing the coaches when they haven't ever even stepped on the field before. Guys like you and me (2A 3rd team all district long snapper 1983) know to trust what the coaches are doing. UT is the biggest athletic department in the country, you think we'd hire coaches that don't know what there doing? Heck no. I actually think it's kind of sad how worked up all these keyboard jockeys get over all this when guys like you and me know that the coaches have everything going exactly according to plan. 

Excellent

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

And I no, no politics on the recruiting board, but this is technically football related, don't you think Trump would be a great college football coach? Look at how great he has made this country, I think he could do the same for college football. Guys like us (me, you, and Trump) don't need any of this PC look at me bullshit, we just get things done. Sorry, back to football you snowflakes. 

(But seriously, DM me if you want to keep talking about Trump as a football coach. Imagine how triggered all the libs would get when he kicks every player who kneels off his team and then wins the national championship with an all white team.) 

fuck off

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I think him being an EE really hurts us in regards to timing here, but I could see us getting back in it with a great first half to the season, especially offensively 

If we have a good first half of the season and put a bunch of points on the board, I won't give a shit about any of this.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's the same in this thread as well. Too many shitty fans that think they know more than the coaching staff.

In all fairness, there have been plenty of times over the last decade when even casual fans knew more than our coaching staff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fud said:

It's info that's been around since a day or two after it happened and before he committed to Ohio State, not just on this site and the boards, whether the info didn't leak out until later. I could buy the argument that it was trending the wrong way after Wilson visited like five times during the spring and saw the offense look like shit, and got Urban Meyer driving that point home on his Columbus visits, and that Mehringer had a tougher recruitment on his hands than most admit, but again, this story hasn't been made up out of thin air, despite whatever the public stance is. Maybe they don't want Mehringer getting bashed publicly (for instance. Walker Little's dad told reporters that Warehime did a good job on his visit and they just liked Stanford more, when on reality his. Is it was a disaster), or maybe they don't want to burn the bridge in the event that they decide to flip to Texas after the season and after Mehringer has been jettisoned, idk 

The Little's and Wilson's are not Derrick Foreman, imo.

42 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

And I no, no politics on the recruiting board, but this is technically football related, don't you think Trump would be a great college football coach? Look at how great he has made this country, I think he could do the same for college football. Guys like us (me, you, and Trump) don't need any of this PC look at me bullshit, we just get things done. Sorry, back to football you snowflakes. 

(But seriously, DM me if you want to keep talking about Trump as a football coach. Imagine how triggered all the libs would get when he kicks every player who kneels off his team and then wins the national championship with an all white team.) 

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, YouTube channel, Twitter, Instagram, Myspace, Facebook, Pandora and Spotify channels, QVC seller platform, and mail order BBQ service.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And once a week is sufficient for both. 

That might be the sweet spot for this thread too. If only I had more self discipline to not take a peek. It's like I know I enjoy football less when I visit here, but I can't help myself. It's like checking twitter during the games. I have a need to wallow around in the toxic waste.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

OldArmy1 is that you?

On 8/8/2018 at 8:11 AM, UncleBuck said:

"And we've been told" = "we also saw that he has recently followed the A&M WR coach"

Still perplexed as to why any top flight WR recruit would play for Jimbo. In 8 years he produced one first rounder at FSU, Kelvin Benjamin, and his route tree is unnecessarily complex. He doesn't get his playmakers the ball.

20 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Still perplexed as to why any top flight WR recruit would play for Jimbo. In 8 years he produced one first rounder at FSU, Kelvin Benjamin, and his route tree is unnecessarily complex. He doesn't get his playmakers the ball.

same thing can be said about texas.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're the biggest beating on this thread. You're the loudest remaining buffoon who refuses to see the forest for the trees in regards to any possible criticism of a coaching staff. The good news is that on the football thread there's 50 more of you, while only  a handful here. 

Don't you have a South Florida fan site you can go post on? 

It's fucking hilarious to think how many times SydneyCarton would have been fired by any school by now, or how much shit would be talked about him by another internet sock about is inability to do anything right as a coach. I think Mehringer and Warehime are gone after this season when their contracts are done, but it will not affect me one iota of an inch if they aren't.

Edited by HtownHorn

3 hours ago, Stampeder said:

Yep.  TFB appears to be as dialed-in as it gets these days.  I'll take their word for things until proven otherwise.

You guys believe what you want. It makes sense when recruits preach about their love of Mehringer as they head to other programs and talk shit about Texas. As that continues to happen, go a step further and rather than blame the guys that they'd be playing for, who are also recruiting them, you should blame fans. Maybe it's us wannabe insiders driving Wilson and Higgins screaming into the waiting arms of our enemies, and not actually the guys failing to sell them on Texas. Also, ignore the fact that Mehringer has been straight up pulled off of recruitments for Wilson and Higgins and isn't directly communicating with them. That's a fucking coincidence. 

I've been watching Texas recruitniks rationalize excuses for coaches at Texas for 2 decades. If it isn't Mehringer or Giles some of you rubes are twisting yourselves into knots to cover for, it's Tim Nunez or Clovis Hale or Mac McWhorter or Bobby Kennedy or Carl Reese or Greg Davis or the dickhead db coach that Strong had on staff his last year. Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You guys believe what you want. It makes sense when recruits preach about their love of Mehringer as they head to other programs and talk shit about Texas. As that continues to happen, go a step further and rather than blame the guys that they'd be playing for, who are also recruiting them, you should blame fans. Maybe it's us wannabe insiders driving Wilson and Higgins screaming into the waiting arms of our enemies, and not actually the guys failing to sell them on Texas. Also, ignore the fact that Mehringer has been straight up pulled off of recruitments for Wilson and Higgins and isn't directly communicating with them. That's a fucking coincidence. 

I've been watching Texas recruitniks rationalize excuses for coaches at Texas for 2 decades. If it isn't Mehringer or Giles some of you rubes are twisting yourselves into knots to cover for, it's Tim Nunez or Clovis Hale or Mac McWhorter or Bobby Kennedy or Carl Reese or Greg Davis or the dickhead db coach that Strong had on staff his last year. Rinse and repeat. 

I'm not making any excuses for Mehringer or rationalizing anything.  Just relaying the gist of what TFB is putting out there on the situation and my observation they've been spot on the vast majority of recruitments the last couple years.  I enjoy your posts and insight as well.  In this case I think it's very likely your take/info and theirs are both accurate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

I'm not making any excuses for Mehringer or rationalizing anything.  Just relaying the gist of what TFB is putting out there on the situation and my observation they've been spot on the vast majority of recruitments the last couple years.  I enjoy your posts and insight as well.  In this case I think it's very likely your take/info and theirs are both accurate.

They still think we're recruiting Marcel Brooks 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Of course they're not the same, in how he came to believe or think or say what he said or didn't say, but that's semantics. I'm just saying he's not afraid to say something that isn't very complimentary of the program, so I don't know why he'd say what TFB is reporting he said if he feels the exact opposite. Because I doubt he'd think Meh was his favorite guy on the staff if Meh fucked up in the way that has been reported on here. 

Is this how you think it goes with teenagers? They stay straightforward with sound reason and logic above all things? Is that the way it works? Have a blast believing what you'd like, I know I do, but you can spare us the tortured attempts at reasoning on this one. 

I don't mean to offend you, but you seem like one dense motherfucker. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's fucking hilarious to think how many times SydneyCarton would have been fired by any school by now, or how much shit would be talked about him by another internet sock about is inability to do anything right as a coach. I think Mehringer and Warehime are gone after this season when their contracts are done, but it will not affect me one iota of an inch if they aren't.

This is a bizarre post, and the sentiment is confusing. "Oh shit, SydneyCarton would suck as a coach and the internet would hate him, HA HA HA!" Maybe? Who gives a shit. What a sick fucking burn. 

Man, it's fucking hilarious to think how many times HtownHorn would have been divorced by any self respecting woman who actually likes to experience orgasms by now, or how much shit would be talked about by his neighbors about his inability to to do anything right as a "man." 

The above statement makes about as much sense and has about as much bearing on this thread or the topic of idiot coaches or idiot posters as the one you made above. You know what else I'd suck at? Being a doctor. I didn't go to school for it, I don't have an experience doing it, and if I attempted it I'd probably get slapped with malpractice and sued after I killed someone. But you know what? I don't need to have a medical degree to expect MY doctor to not suck shit through a straw and show up drunk on the day of surgery, slap my wife's ass, and make make a clown of themselves. Which would be a pretty accurate metaphor for Drew Mehringer as a football coach except I doubt he's that much fun at parties.   

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Is this how you think it goes with teenagers? They stay straightforward with sound reason and logic above all things? Is that the way it works? Have a blast believing what you'd like, I know I do, but you can spare us the tortured attempts at reasoning on this one. 

I don't mean to offend you, but you seem like one dense motherfucker. 

Offended? Me? Nah.

Let me explain myself: we have a history of what Wilson has said, both publicly, and what he has "allegedly" said to 995'rs, or whatever you want to call them. Then, we have a history of his actions. To me, it doesn't make sense that he'd say what he said to the 995'rs yet say what you and others have reported him to have said. He doesn't seem to operate that way, and it's possibly a reflection of his parents.  So I wonder out loud on this forum (is that ok), "who is bullshitting who"? "Who has this right?" "Could it be both?"

Now, I don't mean to offend YOU, but this is the internet, do you know how it goes? You could be the the least in the loop mother fucker on the planet and pulling shit out of your ass and I wouldn't know. I don't personally believe that, you obviously have built up some type of credit on here long before I arrived, so I can put two and two together. But really, I'm just a man looking for answers, wading through the bullshit and the truth, trying to figure out which is which. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Offended? Me? Nah.

Let me explain myself: we have a history of what Wilson has said, both publicly, and what he has "allegedly" said to 995'rs, or whatever you want to call them. Then, we have a history of his actions. To me, it doesn't make sense that he'd say what he said to the 995'rs yet say what you and others have reported him to have said. He doesn't seem to operate that way, and it's possibly a reflection of his parents.  So I wonder out loud on this forum (is that ok), "who is bullshitting who"? "Who has this right?" "Could it be both?"

Now, I don't mean to offend YOU, but this is the internet, do you know how it goes? You could be the the least in the loop mother fucker on the planet and pulling shit out of your ass and I wouldn't know. I don't personally believe that, you obviously have built up some type of credit on here long before I arrived, so I can put two and two together. But really, I'm just a man looking for answers, wading through the bullshit and the truth, trying to figure out which is which. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really relieved that you explained yourself here. I wasn't following along in your 13 prior posts out of the last 50 total on this thread. 

"Objection, your honor. "

"Overruled."

"No. No. I strenuously object."

"Oh, you strenuously object? Then I'll take time and reconsider."  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really relieved that you explained yourself here. I wasn't following along in your 13 prior posts out of the last 50 total on this thread. 

"Objection, your honor. "

"Overruled."

"No. No. I strenuously object."

"Oh, you strenuously object? Then I'll take time and reconsider."  

13 out of 50? Didn't know I was posting at such a clip. That's impressive. And you can count? I'm twice as impressed, now. 

29 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Always great to see CTJ go into his hyper-insecure mode. Lots of total whiffs lately, yet, resolute denial of flaw. Amazing, in a dumb kinda way.

Uncle Buck you’re doing fine, bubba

Well I'm hoping his reaction of hostility toward my honest inquisition doesn't mean he's insecure. Maybe he's just having a bad day, or really dislikes John Candy. 

(ETA: 15 of 53)

Edited by UncleBuck

14 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Well I'm hoping his reaction of hostility toward my honest inquisition doesn't mean he's insecure. Maybe he's just having a bad day, or really dislikes John Candy. 

Congratulations, you're now aligned with "The Earl Of Texas". Perhaps echeese and cdt23 will stop by shortly to also express their support.

I'm not insecure or hostile, and I'm certainly not having a bad day. I feel like I've mostly been just polite and dismissive. That said, take it however you like, and by all means, continue to live in a world where recruits tell the truth and Drew Mehringer is simply misunderstood, repeatedly. I assume there are rainbows and unicorns everywhere in your world, and the roads are paved with candy. I'm sure it's a nice place to visit.