Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

16 minutes ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

I just...wow.

I was in Memphis a few months ago. I have nothing against dry rubbed ribs. I was excited to go to Rendezvous. That said: Rendezvous makes the most overhyped, stringy, dry-as-fuck ribs I've ever had. I would be entirely unsurprised if Taylor Hamm was a consulting chef. They were bad, and you should feel bad for thinking they were good.

If you're of the opinion that they're serving anything remotely close to decent barbecue, you need to get your ass back to central Texas, stat.

Also, with Wilson's comments, I'm curious what is filtering out to tOSU recruits regarding Urban's future. I'm sure they're being told that everything is fine and that there's nothing to see there, but have any of them expressed doubts publicly?

I was there years back - it was also the first time I'd ever had dry-rubbed ribs at all. I wonder if I was young and stupid, or if their standards declined?

Re: tOSU, based on what Wilson said, they're going with the "nothing to see here" vibe. A couple of guys like Marcus Washington have pushed back their announcements so it's definitely had some impact.

3 hours ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

I just...wow.

I was in Memphis a few months ago. I have nothing against dry rubbed ribs. I was excited to go to Rendezvous. That said: Rendezvous makes the most overhyped, stringy, dry-as-fuck ribs I've ever had. I would be entirely unsurprised if Taylor Hamm was a consulting chef. They were bad, and you should feel bad for thinking they were good.

If you're of the opinion that they're serving anything remotely close to decent barbecue, you need to get your ass back to central Texas, stat.

Also, with Wilson's comments, I'm curious what is filtering out to tOSU recruits regarding Urban's future. I'm sure they're being told that everything is fine and that there's nothing to see there, but have any of them expressed doubts publicly?

I spend time in Memphis a couple of times a year. We’ve been taken to Rendezvous by family, mostly “because you need to say you’ve been there” and nothing more. It’s fucking trash. Give me Central BBQ or Interstate if I’ve got to do it up there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

A Texas fan giving props to Memphis BBQ. That's rich.

BBQ? Good lord that shit ain’t BBQ. Ate there last year cause it was close to hotel. The absolute worst ribs I have ever tried to eat. They are worse than a chili’s boiled ribs. 

Back to football talk. Sorry

18 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

BBQ? Good lord that shit ain’t BBQ. Ate there last year cause it was close to hotel. The absolute worst ribs I have ever tried to eat. They are worse than a chili’s boiled ribs. 

Back to football talk. Sorry

This is the recruiting board, there is no talk of football.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

This is the recruiting board, there is no talk of football.

Not much recruiting news.  But BBQ is recruiting related, aggy has a guy swooning recruits with poorly cooked brisket and bags of money.   meanwhile, if it was just about BBQ there's  a great place within walking distance of DKR.  

Speaking of, isn't franklin doing a new Korean BBQ gig or something?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Not much recruiting news.  But BBQ is recruiting related, aggy has a guy swooning recruits with poorly cooked brisket and bags of money.   meanwhile, if it was just about BBQ there's  a great place within walking distance of DKR.  

How the fuck would I know, all I know about are burned ribs and water slides

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

Yeah it’s called Loro.  It’s a partnership with the guys from Kemuri Tatsuya.  It was ok.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I spend time in Memphis a couple of times a year. We’ve been taken to Rendezvous by family, mostly “because you need to say you’ve been there” and nothing more. It’s fucking trash. Give me Central BBQ or Interstate if I’ve got to do it up there. 

I like Germantown Commisary. 

What the hell has happened to this thread?!

EJ after dark: Texas commits ready to get back to campus

— Four-star Notre Dame Prep (AZ) wide receiver Jake Smith was slated to make it to campus for Stars at Night but was unable to make the trip. However, Smith will be in Austin on Sept. 15 when the Longhorns take on USC. Smith is completely solid to the Longhorns and is one of the most important lands of the class.

— Four-star Chandler (AZ) tight end Brayden Liebrock is also set to make a visit to Texas on Sept. 15 for the game against USC. This will be Liebrock’s first time on campus since the spring, so it will be an opportunity for him and his family to reconnect with the coaching staff and university. He is solid to Texas.

— Texas may play Maryland away from home this year, but four-star Grayson (GA) defensive back Kenyatta Watson II will be at FedEx Field supporting his future team. Watson is also looking to visit Texas for one of its games in September. He is continuing to hear from schools like Arkansas, Michigan and Tennessee, but Watson remains solid to Texas.

— Orlando Jones (Fla.) linebacker Marcus Tillman Jr. committed to Texas at its annual Stars at Night event last month. And Tillman is looking to get back to campus next month when the Longhorns take on Tulsa on Sept. 8. It will be Tillman’s first opportunity to take in a game environment at his future home.

I don't know anything about Rendezvous Q but there is nothing wrong with dry rub ribs if they are cooked right.  

Central Texans are just spoiled when it come to BBQ.  

As a region,  or whatever you want to call Centex,  there is no better BBQ anywhere. 

9 hours ago, Goodman said:

Yep, very expensive. I love korean bbq and would never consider Loro if that was my craving. 

Its actually a partnership with Tyson Cole from Uchi. Not to be an ass but nothing has ever been in there location. They built the building and yes expensive real estate but nothing has failed in that location.

2 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

You know what I'll never understand about social media? Why anyone would ever think that anyone else would possibly give a shit about asinine bullshit such as this. 

Go to Daily Texan and check out the Time for Another My Dog Is Awesome thread. Same thing. I'm glad you love you're dog, but to me it's just another fucking dog. I don't care.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

We don’t care that you don’t care. My dog is more awesome than you.

There is no RomaVicta is awesome thread for good reason. I'm not that awesome and nobody cares. I am loved by a few people.

Fuck, I'm a dog with no thread.

Fuck, I've managed to derail a thread where I've complained about derailing. 

a8d943c3a6cdc22af643524ec01536a3.gif

Everybody hates me, Joker.

22 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Guys with skeletons in their closet should be more careful about negative recruiting

Who gives a shit if Herman reported it or not? It doesn’t make Urban covering for him any better or Smith any less of a wife beater.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom