Texas recruiting notes 2019

38 minutes ago, mop said:

yes...i usually keep up with recruiting quite well for about 6 months per year....so i have been catching up for a month or two, but hadn't found Surly.  I went back to old boards and they were dead and I was confused.  Thanks for understanding.  I AM the kid you described wandering into a movie.....

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

When they use terms like "laggy" and "eggy".  Either a troll or just incredibly lame.

oh man.  Is that why i am getting so much grief?  that was my MacBook pro auto-correcting.  Very annoying.  i was trying to write "aggy" and it kept giving me the wrong word. I didn't notice until after I posted.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m confused. Since when does having a series of awful takes instantly make one an aggie troll?

14 hours ago, mop said:

so is Leal 100% solid on his aggy commitment or do you think he could still change course and come our way?

Post #2 from a 12 day tenured member....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

Post #2 from a 12 day tenured member....

2 hours ago, mop said:

I am hearing from a private thread I have with some buddies that Sanders and Cain could conceivably both come our way.  It is a stretch at this point, but not out of the question, particularly if we keep winning I imagine. 

5 Star LB Marcel Brooks evidently is talking with Texas as well. If that's true and we are able to land Johnson (which I really want due to the law of conservation of Linebackers named "Johnson" or "Jefferson"), then our LB corps could be sick in another year or two!  

I wonder if people see the defense we are putting together if that might start attracting those high 4 star and 5 star DL recruits, which is now our weakest recruiting area.  

Post #6 from the same 12 day tenured member.  This reeks of the RadiologyHorn playbook.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Sejjr said:

You should spend a couple of days reading all 464 pages of this thread.

Here, I’ll help...

giphy.gif

Except Branson Bragg because Tree will help him be a better high school football coach.

Oh, and probably not Demarvin Leal because, well, who know$??

Garret Wilson probably isn’t happening because of this guy...

giphy.gif

BTW, a lot of guys we were hoping would come our way because LSU would suck...probably isn’t happening.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

They only have 1 DL commit, who else are they expected to land?  Sophsher bros and Issac?

I think Bama lands Sopsher, but it certainly helps LSU fill up if they chose LSU. They can only take 24. 

Cain, Lee, a DB to replace Banks with, a backup plan DT late to replace Sopsher with (he's probably waiting until NSD to announce), and one more, maybe a third running back in Emery Jr or another DB, or maybe they pay up for Dean 

34 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

We just crowd sourced a ban for the Radiologyhorn troll and mop shows up 2 days later with just and the first comment is about Leal.

Damn, guys. mop is legit. Not sure I even remember him being on shaggy, but I do remember him from Hornfans. Hamm is too stupid to have studied mop’s political takes. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

IT says the JUCO DL the staff just visited will OV in November.

https://247sports.com/Player/Malcolm-Lee-46051472/

Have we ever had a class like this where went to every available source in the country to find players?  

Remember when Mack would have a class filled with all Texas guys by May even if they were in a wheelchair? That was cool, 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Have we ever had a class like this where went to every available source in the country to find players?  

Remember when Mack would have a class filled with all Texas guys by May even if they were in a wheelchair? That was cool, 

I rennet, but at the time I thought that Mack was still a top recruiter. But in hindsight...

Edited by Napoleon

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It's pretty hilarious when you juxtapose the two approaches. You got Mack killing himself in Florida vs. Herman straight up butchering himself nationally

46 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Damn, guys. mop is legit. Not sure I even remember him being on shaggy, but I do remember him from Hornfans. Hamm is too stupid to have studied mop’s political takes. 

Was on shaggy like 2 years ago.  This could be the same one, but she protests too much, methinks.

49 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

That’s about the dumbest question I’ve read in a while. How long have you been in KY?

Good point. We should go back to arguing about a non-troll and all the rest of the recruiting news of the day.