Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

46 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Oh damn. Rams reached out to KK. It’d be for a offensive assistant/consulted role. 

The Rams offensive coordinator is going to be a head coach either this year or the next in the NFL. If KK goes to the Rams he has a great chance to be their next offensive coordinator. 

That seems like a better job than USC. 

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The Rams offensive coordinator is going to be a head coach either this year or the next in the NFL. If KK goes to the Rams he has a great chance to be their next offensive coordinator. 

Not a bad gig either if he has to wait a year. Spend a year learning the NFL game with no real backlash or responsibilties while likely getting a million plus and buyout money.

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Yeah I don’t think it’s a for sure done deal like everyone thinks. The NFL would a great gig for him

32 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Who is the OC?  Looks like they have a run game and pass game coordinators.  

https://www.therams.com/team/coaches-roster/

Edited by Post Oak

35 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I think working with McVay puts you on the fast track for a NFL HC job. He’s like Hansel. So hot right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I’m not a recruiting analyst but playing for the conference title (being tied going into the 4th quarter) and playing in the Sugar Bowl must sound better to recruits than losing to Kansas. 

But that’s just me thinking out loud here. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 2

E.J. Holland: Herman, UT staff hitting recruiting trail hard

— Texas head coach Tom Herman is currently in Iowa recruiting — just a day after the Big 12 championship game. Herman and the Longhorns are continuing their search for a junior college offensive lineman and still have Myron Cunningham at the top of the board. While there hasn’t been a ton of movement there, Texas is looking to get him on campus for an official visit this month.

— Texas offensive line coach Herb Hand is set to make his way to California on Monday to see JUCO offensive lineman Jay Williams. The three-star prospect does not hold an offer from Texas just yet, but there is a reason I wrote about him last week. Texas is closely evaluating him, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see him earn a scholarship.

— Texas wide receivers coach Drew Mehringer is set to make an in-home visit with five-star Mater Dei (Calif.) athlete Bru McCoy early this week. The McCoy family is extremely excited to host Texas as the Longhorns are continuing to make things extremely interesting. We still feel cautiously optimistic in regards to McCoy ahead of his Dec. 14 official visit to USC.

— The Texas staff is hitting the road hard all week long after missing time on the trail last week due to title game preparations. Expect the staff to see all of its remaining priorities, including elite running backs Noah Cain and Trey Sanders.

• Like 2

E.J. Holland: Herman makes in-home visit with elite RB Cain

Tom Herman didn’t waste much time getting on the recruiting trail. Following a loss to Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game, Herman hit the road and made an in-home visit with elite IMG Academy (Fla.) running back Noah Cain and his mother in Dallas. “It went well,” Cain said in a quick message exchange. “I had a great heart to heart conversation with them." Cain is originally from Baton Rouge but spent the early part of his high school career at Denton Guyer. His mother still lives in the D-FW metroplex, which allowed Herman and running backs coach Stan Drayton to visit with them.

While Texas wasn’t allowed to host recruits at the Big 12 championship, Cain bought his own ticket and enjoyed the environment at AT&T Stadium. “It was great,” Cain said. “It was an electric atmosphere.” Texas is considered the favorite for Cain on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. However, both Georgia and Penn State remain threats in his recruitment. At 5-foot-10, 212 pounds, Cain is ranked as the No. 7 running back and No. 101 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite. Cain will make his decision on Dec. 19.

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: Herman makes in-home visit with elite RB Cain

Reveal hidden contents

Tom Herman didn’t waste much time getting on the recruiting trail. Following a loss to Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game, Herman hit the road and made an in-home visit with elite IMG Academy (Fla.) running back Noah Cain and his mother in Dallas. “It went well,” Cain said in a quick message exchange. “I had a great heart to heart conversation with them." Cain is originally from Baton Rouge but spent the early part of his high school career at Denton Guyer. His mother still lives in the D-FW metroplex, which allowed Herman and running backs coach Stan Drayton to visit with them.

While Texas wasn’t allowed to host recruits at the Big 12 championship, Cain bought his own ticket and enjoyed the environment at AT&T Stadium. “It was great,” Cain said. “It was an electric atmosphere.” Texas is considered the favorite for Cain on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. However, both Georgia and Penn State remain threats in his recruitment. At 5-foot-10, 212 pounds, Cain is ranked as the No. 7 running back and No. 101 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite. Cain will make his decision on Dec. 19.

I like it when bluechip recruits pay their own way to our games, personally

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’m sure this has been discussed a million times. With cain. uGA always has a crowded backfield we have Ingram.  This has to play well for us right? The depth Georgia has is always impressive at back.  Fuck penn state 

Logically it should help us, but Georgia has recent success to sell. I think Cain wants to play early and often, so it would be smart to go to Texas. We're trending up. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Hello recruits

smh that is such an ugly graphic. i don't know what happened but we took a big step back in this department this year. i mean you can't even see the "texas" at the the top b/c there's not enough opacity in the text. half-assed trash...

So, is the close to our class looking like:

• 1 JUCO OT (hopefully Myron Cunningham)

https://247sports.com/player/myron-cunningham-46058777/

• Isaiah Hookfin

https://247sports.com/player/isaiah-hookfin-46056488

• 1 RB (hopefully Noah Cain)

https://247sports.com/player/noah-cain-86618

• 1 LB (hopefully Caleb Johnson)

https://247sports.com/player/caleb-johnson-46056538/

• 1 WR (hopefully Bru McCoy but possibly Kennedy Lewis)

https://247sports.com/player/bru-mccoy-88120/

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

smh that is such an ugly graphic. i don't know what happened but we took a big step back in this department this year. i mean you can't even see the "texas" at the the top b/c there's not enough opacity in the text. half-assed trash...

Our best guy left for Sports Illustrated at the start of the year. I wouldn't say that's ugly - more just generic. The full-size version does at least have the Nola skyline at the bottom.

On the flip side, at least we have something. UGA's social media team appears to still be hungover from yesterday - nothing since they lost to Bama.

Edited by texifornia

From Oregon 247

Oregon hosted three prospects on the defensive side of the football on Sunday, and one of those was one of the best linebackers at the junior college level.

Three-star linebacker and the third-best junior college outside linebacker Caleb Johnson went to Oregon for his fourth total official visit this weekend. He recapped the visit with the Ducks with DuckTerritory.com.

"It was really smooth, real smooth," said Johnson. "The way they scheduled everything and talked business while showing us around was real good. The coaches all seemed like real good people and wasn't trying to put on a show or anything."

Johnson highlighted his time with Oregon's coaches and players as a big factor in the visit going so well.

"And then the facilities of course," Johnson said of what also stood out.

Johnson was hosted by sophomore cornerback Thomas Graham on the visit. The Ducks have a large number of California-born players on the roster, which was an added bonus to Johnson.

"It's not a huge deal, but yeah, it's really cool considering I played with and against a lot of them and it wouldn't be no type of culture shock or nothing [if I played there]," said Johnson.

The Ducks will have an inside linebacker position open up for competition with the graduation of Kaulana Apelu. The Ducks like Johnson as an inside linebacker and talked about how he could make an impact at Oregon next season right away.

"I'm coming out of junior college and we just talked about how I'm not coming in as a regular recruit," Johnson said. "Not being recruited to develop, I'm being recruited to come in and provide an immediate impact."

Johnson made official visits during the football season to Texas and Arkansas for games at each school. The Ducks obviously didn't have a game-day atmosphere to highlight, but it still made a big impression.

"It was a little different because they had games, but this definitely was one of the better visits I had," said Johnson.